This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I've just put in a new garden and caught my neighbour's cat using it for a litter box yesterday. I've never had a problem with cats in my other garden and always thought it was because I have marigolds in there. Should I put some in this garden too?

Strawbari,
Well it could be the marigolds but im not real sure about that..I've put moth balls in my flowers beds to keep cats out..But i will look and see if can fine marigolds stops cats from coming around..If so i'll plant those too. smile

O
O
Hi, Strawbari. I was curious about this, myself. We have 5 indoor cats, ourselves. But, our neighbors' outdoor cats often end up in our yard (outdoor cats won't generally deficate very close to where they live.)

I know the outside neighborhood cats will go into our garden, whenever we have loosened soil. This particularly applies to new gardens. Also, where there is sandy type soil. Their favorite is sand and sandy type soil for a litter box. Could it be that the new garden was all loosened and that was the attaction?

Also, is there a new cat in the neighborhood?

It is true that Marigolds have a negative impact on cat's, physically. I looked up and found this site:
http://www.derbycats.org.uk/newsApr03.htm

Also, could it be that, perhaps you had planted something cats LIKE in the new garden? They do like mint plants (catnip mostly, but other mints also can attract some cats.) The above site mentions plants that cats like, as well.

Diane

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: OurFamily ]

S
S
Hi, This is Shareen, does the moth ball method work, and does it over power the smell of your flowers, I also have gets and they just love the mulch and soft soil. Cant get rid of my cats love them too much, and never will i get ride of my garden, lol. Just wondering if it works!

Reenie,
The moth balls worked for me..But i just put a few out kinda scatter them through the flowers bed..Im sure you can smell them some..But rather smell them some ,then have my flowers all dug up..First day you put out might be strong but after a few days out there not to bad..Hope i helped you some..

Link Copied to Clipboard