This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#117268 December 15th, 2005 at 01:21 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Here you go my friends.

#117269 December 15th, 2005 at 01:42 PM
Thanks, Triss ~ I'm just tippy-toeing past on my way to bed at last....

Have a great night, my friend.

Merme

#117270 December 15th, 2005 at 01:46 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Triss, I like your signature banner. I think you have all the bases covered there girl.

Tubs of cookie dough are thawed so I will be the wild woman baker tomorrow morn. Tomorrow afternoon I have some tests to take for a job I applied for. I am not all that sure I want to work for this company but I promised I would apply at what came up and this is what has came up so far.

I bit the bullet and went to the dreaded Walmart today. Got the few things I needed and had the cutest little checker. He was just a hoot. Everyone I met in there was so nice, including all the shoppers. I went around a corner and there right before my eyes was an HP printer for $35. So I bought it. Merry Christmas to me. I went to JC Penny's to get some gift certificates and they were having this giant sale. I got 3 tops for my teen for $28 (and that includes tax!). Then over to Gottschalks where I found cool cords normally $60 on sale for $14. So shopping is complete. And now it is all wrapped! Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!!!! Well except for the small stuff I see and think somebody just has to have. laugh laugh

Came home and read on here for a bit and then off to wrap and wrap and wrap. I love making all the packages so pretty. I take forever trying to make them all really special. Gosh I had fun.

Anyway, I am off to bed and a book. I am pooped!

See ya in the morn.

#117271 December 15th, 2005 at 01:46 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I figured you were long asleep and off to dreamland by now Merme. Hope you can sleep well now that you are finally getting to bed.

#117272 December 15th, 2005 at 01:47 PM
Hi Triss-
Love your holiday banner --- says it all!
Nite Merme-- sleep well and warm!

I should be heading off to bed too tired but wound up - so wouldn't sleep yet so playing a little- see you in the morning friends- tomorrow is cooking day for me- got lots to do- stew- baked chicken- banana bread and not to mention meatloaves to mix and freeze-- steaks to marinade too..... hubby want to grill some but it is so very cold think it just may have to wait for awhile....
Nite all
Nana

#117273 December 15th, 2005 at 01:48 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Nite Fernie, you sleep well too. Have fun baking tomorrow. I will be right here baking with ya!

Glad you like my new banner.

#117274 December 15th, 2005 at 01:51 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Tina, Here is what I came up with. I just LOVE this idea!
[Linked Image]

#117275 December 15th, 2005 at 01:53 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Are you playing here Nana or just around? If you are off to bed then goodnight and sleep well.

#117276 December 15th, 2005 at 02:08 PM
Hi Triss wavey
You still here? I went to the kids' Christmas program tonight... they were all such ANGELS!

#117277 December 15th, 2005 at 02:10 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I am. Working on my moms Christmas calendar.

Those programs are always so fun. Ours is tomorrow night.

#117278 December 15th, 2005 at 02:17 PM
Pretty quiet around here tonight, huh? I imagine they all wore themselves out pretty good last night, with all that tom-foolery! It was fun though... I havent slept so well in YEARS! (The last thing I remember thinking before I drifted off was "What is your emergency", & visualizing Cindy's face, thinking God was talking to her!) Maybe going to sleep with a smile on one's face does wonders for the Seratonin levels!

I like your banner too! Glad you did that! thumbup

#117279 December 15th, 2005 at 02:19 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
It really is quiet. Here in my house to as I am the only one awake. It is the only time I can THINK and I need to think for this darn project. I cannot figure it out and cannot find anything online to help me. Might have helped if I had not lost the instructions.

#117280 December 15th, 2005 at 02:21 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
morning Triss and Patty how are ya'll this cold morning? I'm at work so I know I will soon be the only one on here. But have a good night what there is left of it. Have until 8:30 or whenever my releif decides to get here.
Jimmy

#117281 December 15th, 2005 at 02:22 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there Jimmy.

Doing good here, frustrated but good.

#117282 December 15th, 2005 at 02:23 PM
Might have helped if I had not lost the instructions.
You think?!! LOL!

What exactly is this calendar you're working on? Maybe I can help

#117283 December 15th, 2005 at 02:28 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
It is an Invent It! Photo Calendar Kit for Print Shop. I have print shop and know how to maek the calendar part, was just hoping for some insight on doing ir right the first time. I got it a long time ago and am just now thinking my mom would love it. I cannot go looking for the software as it is in the closet where Dan and the baby are sleeping.

So I gave up and am just working on the calendar part in Print Shop, getting birthdays and all that stuff in.

#117284 December 15th, 2005 at 02:30 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh WAY COOL, it was right in the program and I missed it before! Ok I am happy now.

#117285 December 15th, 2005 at 03:06 PM
Well, DUH! what can I say? [Linked Image]

Sounds like you have things taken care of then... guess I'll go find something to eat (missed dinner, cuz I almost forgot that the kids' program was tonight!) & then maybe I'll go play with graphics.
[Linked Image]
Have fun. See you tomorrow sometime. Thursdays are my busy mornings, as I take a kid to Speech Therapy first thing, then since my reading group is going Caroling at a Retirement home across the street from the school, I'll go see if the other class needs any extra Language Arts help so they can have their workbooks caught up instead of having to take them home over the Christmas break.

---------------------------------------
GAWD! I don't believe what I just did! I'd been reading other pages besides this 1, & wound up posting this over in "Suing the person above Part ll"! (Then, I had to go back & sue myself for not paying attention! TALK ABOUT "DUH"!)

#117286 December 15th, 2005 at 03:10 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
You can say I am dense. But a happy dense person at this point. Now you posting in the wrong forum is too funny also. laugh

I am also headed to bed, after I go sue you. Sleep well and I will see you tomorrow.

Nite Jimmy, if you are still out there.

And everyone else, sleep well.

#117287 December 15th, 2005 at 03:14 PM
So glad you found that amusing! I feel like a total idiot!
TTFN zzzzz

#117288 December 15th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
Well, let's see... if Triss is done being a cyber Da Vinci and Patty is done suing herself, I guess it is safe for me to offer to pour coffee now...

Pots on! Come and get it! Wake up everybody!

Well, so, you guys who sent me all manner of warm things for sleeping have caused me to have a really BIG problem now...

Now when I am sleeping I do NOT wake up three or four times a night to get out of bed to go get warm in the kitchen! I sleep right through and have no idea what time it is! So now I NEED to set that alarm clock so Maxi gets his wake up call!

Plus, now that I am not up-and-down all night, I can no longer say "I'll do thus and so the next time I am up!" Nope. Now I gotta get it done before I go to bed 'cause there is no way I am getting out of that snug place to do chores in the wee hours...

Thanks guys, you have so improved my life!

Merme

#117289 December 15th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
I'm trying to have a good attitude. Is it a bad attitude to say I'll be in hell for the next 8 hours? It's just a fact, not an attitude. Have a lovely day everyone.

#117290 December 15th, 2005 at 08:43 PM
GOOD FREEZING MORNING!!! [Linked Image]

IT'S 5 DEGREES BELOW ZERO F out there right now!!!

but... WOW was there a gorgeous MOONSET this morning! cool

Does anyone else notice this type of thing?
Mother Nature is so grand - even is she is freezing our butts off currently!
Tonight is "Full 'Long Nights' Moon" - the full moon of the winter solstice. We probably won't get to see it, as a severe snow and ice storm is headed our way for midnight through tomorrow morning, so I'm very glad to have seen it this morning!

Had to drive Amy to school a bit early today, so she could see her guidance counselor and drop that class that has been so stressful for her.
When we left the garage, I could not close the door. This happens every winter when it gets so bitterly cold - we've had it fixed 3 times already, and Don has replaced the eletric door opener twice since we've lived here... it still won't work! Very frustrating!

Looks like Triss and Patty were up late last night, and Merme too before getting all cozy in her lovely new bed covers.

Sheri - chin up - it might not be as horrendous as you're expecting...

I'm finally going to brave a few stores today, after catching up here and showering.

What's on your schedule today?

#117291 December 15th, 2005 at 08:48 PM
I've got errands to run this morning, Lynne ~

How frustrating about your garage door!

Glad Amy can drop that class today.

Merme

#117292 December 15th, 2005 at 09:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Morning Ya'll wavey

Finally finished my Christmas shopping yesterday...now maybe I can relax a bit...yeah RIGHT :rolleyes:

Hope your day isn't too bad,Sheri. Just remember that we are praying for you thumbup

Coffee smells wonderful,Merme! George made sausage bisquits...would you like one?

#117293 December 15th, 2005 at 10:02 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Good Mornin all....

Today is my appointment with the new Doc...hopin he is a keeper... thumbup

Will be thinkin about Sheri this morning..

Someone is setting the hay bales on fire around here...they were working fast and furrious to put them out last night..and are still at it this morning. I do not understand for one minute what makes people want to be so distructive...it is the animals that end up paying for this distruction...I just don't get it!

Got to go spiff up a bit...going out in the real world...

You all have a good day!

~V~

#117294 December 15th, 2005 at 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck at the Dr.s Vanessa. I'll be thinking of ya!

#117295 December 15th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Thanks G~mommy!! I am trying to make myself get movin this morning...maybe this folger's will kick in soon!

~V~

#117296 December 15th, 2005 at 10:27 PM
I hope you LOVE your new doctor, Vanessa, and that he has you on the road to feeling great soon!

#117297 December 15th, 2005 at 10:53 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I finally made it...now gotta try to catch up.

Sheri...I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "I'd tell you to go to hell, but I work there and don't want to have to look at you everyday". Maybe you need one of those! wavey

#117298 December 15th, 2005 at 11:41 PM
G'Morning people! wavey

#117299 December 16th, 2005 at 12:06 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Good morning, Patty. wavey
I just now made it back...still haven't even been able to read what was posted last night or this morning.
Rachel called and said Brennan was still very sick and asked me to bring some Pedialite over for him because she can't go out and get it without taking him. So, I tried to get some stuff packed up to drop at the post office on my way back.

As soon as Lola finishes eating I'm going out...and it is raining SO hard. I hate driving in the rain. The roads here get so slick when it rains...because of all the big trucks getting oil all over them.

Cinja

#117300 December 16th, 2005 at 12:08 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Good Morning! wavey

#117301 December 16th, 2005 at 12:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Good morning, Sarah!

#117302 December 16th, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Guess you should count your blessings, Cindy... it COULD be raining ice!
Gosh, so many kids are sick these days... guess it's the season for it, huh? frown How are your kids this morning, Triss? (I know she's here somewhere... she was compelled to stop by the courthouse on her way over. :p ) Sure hope everyone is well in time for Christmas!

#117303 December 16th, 2005 at 12:16 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Wow, looks like everyone is running around today!

I think I might go shopping, too...I still have to get Mike's presents. :p

Cindy, I hope Brennan feels better soon...it's no fun to be sick this close to Christmas!

Vanessa, I hope your Appt. with the doctor is going well!

Good Morning Patty...how's the weather? wink

#117304 December 16th, 2005 at 12:16 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
HI!!! eating a sticky roll and typing with one hand :rolleyes: Be back after I wash my hands but wanted to say good luck to Sheri & Vanessa real quick (?) first

#117305 December 16th, 2005 at 12:21 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Oh, sure! Eating a sticky roll and not sharing! laugh

#117306 December 16th, 2005 at 12:23 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning Everyone,

I stayed up way too late messing with my pics last night and have a wicked headache to show for it, or maybe it is karma for giving Patty a hard time last night Duh And the bug is spreading, Now Dan and Zack have it. They are the last two so HOPEFULLY we can be over this thing!

Merme, I'd say sleeping is a good thing! Hopefully being warm and snug at night will help you to feel better all day long!

Sheri, I hope the day passes quickly for you and we will be here for ya tonight. Gonna miss having you around with us.

Lynne, No moon set here, too much freezing fog. Bet it was great though. Love that kind of thing.

G-Mom, Now the wrapping begins. Glad you got all the shopping part done!

Vanessa, Thinking of you at your appointment today. Hope it goes well and you like the Doc.

Cindy, Poor Brennan, How long has he been sick? Be safe out on those roads today.

Well you know what they say Patty, first things first and going to the courthouse was very important! All the kids who were sick are ok now. It the other one now, but there are no more kids to get sick so we should be about out of the woods.

Any news on the house Sarah? How was work yesterday?

Morning Fernie, all ready to bake today? Gonna share your breakfast?

#117307 December 16th, 2005 at 12:25 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Sticky rolls for everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#117308 December 16th, 2005 at 12:31 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I'm still one hurdle away from my house. It needs to appear that we payed the 20% down with cash for the one loan to work. So, I need a great Present from Santa, just for about two weeks. I'm sure I'll find someone.

Work wasn't as bad as I was expecting...my broker and I had a heart-to-heart, and I think we resolved a few issues. We will see.

How are you doing? Besides the headache?

#117309 December 16th, 2005 at 12:31 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
mmm YUM! Thanks!

#117310 December 16th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
Mornin' Sarah - Fernie. It's cold down here! I keep telling people, "it hardly ever freezes in Roseburg... & when it does, it only lasts 20 min". When I woke up 45 min ago it was 28*!!! Now its 30°! (thats MORE than 20 minutes!) Duh I duuno what happened, but it looks like I won't have roses all winter now, like I did last year! ters Gee, maybe we'll even have snow before winter is done! (Might as well... I'm sure my roses are all dead now!

#117311 December 16th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Oh, Yum! They go well with my tea. grinnnn

#117312 December 16th, 2005 at 12:33 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Oven is preheating and 2 doz cookies ready to bake. Starting with the lemon/cranberry. They smell so yummy! This is kosher dough and I can eat it right from the tub.....I am resisting as the cookies are going to be the last of the Christmas presents.

#117313 December 16th, 2005 at 12:34 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Shhhh! Don't use the "S" word here by me!!!

They are not dead, just sleeping so they can be bigger and better next summer...that's what I have to tell myself.

#117314 December 16th, 2005 at 12:36 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Ever think about being your own broker and getting that liscence as well? No sharing of your hard earned profits! Hope Santa comes through so you can get the loan. Doing good other than the headache. Coffee and Tylenol should fix it all up.

You are sounding a bit bummed about those roses Patty. Will one morning freeze really kill them?

#117315 December 16th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Oh, man do I!

In the state of Oregon, you have to work under another broker for 3 years before you can go out on your own. You better believe I'm counting the days! thumbup

There is even a room in the new house that could be my office, and it's in an easy to locate place.

#117316 December 16th, 2005 at 12:40 AM
I don't think I'll speak to Triss today! :p That was pretty mean, girlie, making my boo boo worse by rubbing it in! I'm sure that I'd have realized, the minute my head hit the pillow, that I could have gone back & deleted/reposted, but you made it worse by rubbing my stupidity in! (If you hadn't have posted your jeer, I'd have gone back & put the lala guy in a few times, then fixed my next 1 by suing myself for being bored!) Your day is coming, I just KNOW it! (OOPS... guess I [i]am talking to her today![/i]

#117317 December 16th, 2005 at 12:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Afternoon everyone! Mark just left to go xmas shopping for me, and normally I'd be excited but it's snowing like a blizzard and it's supposed to last all day and night.... :p Good thing is, he just got new tires on his truck yesterday and they're good snow ones....

He has a partial xmas list I wrote up FULL of gardening stuff.... thumbup

Just had some turkey and stuffing for lunch. thumbup

I might start baking my cookies today...good cookie baking weather.

#117318 December 16th, 2005 at 12:50 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Well sweetie, after you announced your mistake in the coffeehouse, it was over, someone was bound to come along and give you heck for that one and I just happened to be there.

*shhhh don't tell her I had fun* [Linked Image]

#117319 December 16th, 2005 at 12:51 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Loz, Hope Mark is careful out there. Be sure and let us know when he makes it home safely. So what kind of garden goodies are you asking for?

#117320 December 16th, 2005 at 01:05 AM
I'm outta here... already have the car warming up & deicing. (DEICING IN ROSEBURG!! UNHEARD OF! How disgusting!) After school (out at noon today)I'm bringing the grandgirls home with me & they'll help me finish up the wrapping & fine-tune the tree. (Wrapped theirs yesterday, cuz I knew I wouldn't get through the whole pile in 1 sitting.) They're sure good helpers! thumbup Y'all try to stay outta trouble... & watch Triss...she's sneaky!)

#117321 December 16th, 2005 at 01:06 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Hey, maybe one of you can help me. Remember, I am new to the whole "Martha" thing...go easy!

I received a new bunt pan for christmas...can I bake a pound cake mix in in? Would it take two?

Answer quick, before Vanessa comes back and sees me using a mix! shk lala

#117322 December 16th, 2005 at 01:06 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Sarah, How long do you have left to hit 3 years?

Be careful out there Patty.

#117323 December 16th, 2005 at 01:08 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Ha. Two years. :p

#117324 December 16th, 2005 at 01:09 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I am sure you could do it in that pan Sarah, but have no idea about needing two mixes or not. Does one mix call for a regular loaf pan? If so then I would use two. And with a bundt pan, it is really important if it calls for greasing the pan that you make sure and get all the nooks and crannies.

#117325 December 16th, 2005 at 01:13 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Thanks Triss! One box makes one loaf pan, so i hope two fills it. The pan is one of those new silicon jobbers...I'm kinda scared of it. laugh It says to not use any grease, but it's trees, and it's ALL nooks and crannies...

We will see how it turns out... thumbup

#117326 December 16th, 2005 at 01:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep be careful Patty! wavey

Barley, I have no idea...I'm not much of a Martha either.... laugh

Triss, I'm sure he'll be okay---I swear it's a man thing....Everytime it snows really bad you see all the men out driving around in their trucks.... laugh I asked for new solar lights, seed starting heat mat, garden statues, all kind of stuff....I give him a list for basic ideas but he never sticks just to the list...He's great at picking stuff out for me...One year he got me a couple of bras as part of my xmas presents, and he said he was in the store asking the women if they liked the bras because he was trying to get a womans point of view to see what he should buy me.... laugh

How are the kids today triss????

#117327 December 16th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Wow they must mean you to make gigantic cookies. I am going to get more like 6 doz per tub instead of the 4 doz it says is there. And these still nice size cookies.

I just walked in here to discover I hadn't posted this! nutz

#117328 December 16th, 2005 at 01:34 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep, that works barley!

Well if I had a truck and could, I would drive in the snow as well. Guess I'd have to have SNOW!

Good deal Fernie. Are you making all the kinds? I'm not sure if you can re-freeze the dough or not, but if you can then make balls out of the dough first and then freeze it. That way you can make as many or few as you want later on.

#117329 December 16th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Fernie, I'm tackling Choc. Chip cookies, and Peanut Butter cookies here in a while.....

That's great that it's making extra cookies...Extra never hurts.... thumbup laugh

#117330 December 16th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Question? Can fudge be frozen?

#117331 December 16th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I beleive so...why? Plan on putting it outside? laugh

#117332 December 16th, 2005 at 01:49 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Today I did a florentine potato soup and boy howdy was it yummy. I always love the combination of ham and potato but this was a new one on me. I've already had to bowls and I'll probably finish off the pot tomorrow. It is a perfect soup for a cold day. And it's snowing here again to day so you know it's cold.

Well I'm on my way to bed but I wanted to stick my nose in just for a moment and wish everyone another wonderful day during the holiday season.

#117333 December 16th, 2005 at 01:53 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
That is all it would take Sarah.

Well hi there Tammy, soup sounds yummy as well. I really need to make a potato soup one of these days. Stay warm!

#117334 December 16th, 2005 at 01:57 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
potato soup is a great idea for dinner. I think I'll do that! Sleep well, Tammy!

#117335 December 16th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Florentine potato soup? Did you post the recipe? (insert begging graemlin here)

It says right on the tub that the dough can be refrozen. I never thought of putting it all into balls so I could do as many as I wanted.

I am making 3 doz of each flavor. And I am packing 2 tins with 1 doz of each flavor to give as presents. The rest are mine.... mmmmwwwwhhhhaaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa

#117336 December 16th, 2005 at 02:20 AM
Hi everyone ~ wavey

I'm home from running ALL my errands... it only took us about 2 1/2 hours and at least 40 minutes of that was driving time, so we did great!

Sarah, about needing one or two mixes for your bundt pan. It helps to know how many cups liquid your pan holds? Many bundts are 6 to 8 cups and a single box of mix won't fill one properly. If you have one of the larger bundt pans, go with two mixes, just be careful NOT to overfill the thing so that the batter runs over the sides when it begins to rise.

Trust me, I'VE done that before! Any batter left over you can pour into a smaller something and bake it.

Merme

#117337 December 16th, 2005 at 02:25 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
if you freeze your fudge, it will sugar. Don't freeze it.

#117338 December 16th, 2005 at 02:31 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok the fudge is safe in the fridge now. Will it last until X-mas, some of it is for the family and some will be given tomorrow to the teachers.

One more fudge question, then I will stop. I want to make peanut butter fudge. But I want it chocolate with real peanut butter rippling through it. How would I do that? Do I need for the fudge to cool a bit in the pan and then add the PB stir a bit and then put it in the dish to cool completely? Or how?

Oh ya Fernie, I freeze dough this time of year into balls so we can have cookies over the next couple of months anytime we want, a dozen at a time. Makes for a great dessert even when I do not feel like baking. And everyone can choose their flavor.

Merme, That was a quick outing. Enjoy the ride in the car?

#117339 December 16th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
Morning for about 20 more3 minutes- I was so warm and cozy last night I slept till 8;45- phone rang and woke me up--- would probably still be sleeping otherwise- feel okay - just a late start to my day- watching the 2 little ones so Carrie can run errands without them- so have to hurry now and get showered and dressed before they arrive- hopefully they will nap for me and I can get some stuff started at least-..
Teresa has gotten a few calls after posting her resume on Monstor.com hopefully she will get a job out of it- a permanent one--
Well I am off and running now to get my day started way late----- but sure felt good to sleep!
Have a good one all- be back later- kidlets permitting!
Nana

#117340 December 16th, 2005 at 02:58 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
After trying all three....I think I better watch out......the key lime/white chocolate are going to be VERY hard to resist. The lemon/cranberry are terrific tea cookies and the triple crown are sort of just choc chip with 3 kinds of choc (white, milk and semi-sweet). They taste good, just aren't "different".

oh and Triss, I don't have a clue about swirling pb throughout fudge.

#117341 December 16th, 2005 at 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey there everyone...I just shoveled the sidewalk and salted it, wow was it slick, we had freezing rain before it started snowing...

Then I went over and shoveled mom and dads sidewalk and mom yanked me inside for a coffee and a cookie.... thumbup

Now I'm back, and warm, and working myself up to make my own cookies... laugh

#117342 December 16th, 2005 at 03:02 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Triss, I'm not sure about PB in fudge.

My cake came out perfect...thank you!

#117343 December 16th, 2005 at 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm coming over for a piece of cake!!!! grinnnn

#117344 December 16th, 2005 at 03:07 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Triss..maybe one of these will help?

#117345 December 16th, 2005 at 03:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's everyones day going so far????? wavey

#117346 December 16th, 2005 at 03:24 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Nana, Praying that Teresa gets a good job. Boy it is hard to write her name without an "H" since I have spent my whole life writing mine with one. Are all the grands feeling better?

Fernie, I would not be able to resist either. Remember to put some aside for those tins.

Thanks Sarah, the 2nd one gave me what I needed.

Busy girl Loz, cookies and coffee are always good to warm up after shoveling.

Things going well here, made the mint fudge and baking cookies. Lost track of time and the bus driver had to call about Lys. OOPS. Gonna feed the kiddos so Jonny can get to school on time.

#117347 December 16th, 2005 at 03:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oooo mint fudge sounds SO good!!!!!! thumbup

Snow is still piling up here.... :p Marks not back yet, but he also had to take his brother to go get a fridge so I imagine that's what's taking him so long....

#117348 December 16th, 2005 at 03:53 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Hey, Loz just pointed out my new title! I'm a little slow today... shocked

Mr. Bill you ROCK! Thank you!! kissies flw

#117349 December 16th, 2005 at 03:55 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
It is divine Loz! You should make some!

Awesome title there Sarah.

#117350 December 16th, 2005 at 04:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad you got your title Sarah! thumbup grinnnn

#117351 December 16th, 2005 at 04:38 AM
I'm finally back. My day didn't begin like I'd planned but that's a long story. Let's just say it has to do with abused, abandoned dogs and living in the boondocks where people 'dump' them. This one has a happy ending. So far.
Everyone's cookies, cakes and fudge sound delicious. I was supposed to be wrapping today. Tomorrow is my kids' last day of school and I want it done before if possible. Not going to happen. Oh well another delayed project. I can handle it. ~Tina

#117352 December 16th, 2005 at 04:44 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Hi Tina! I hope the ending stays a happy one!

Keep plugging along...you can get it all done, just maybe not of the timeline you would like. thumbup

#117353 December 16th, 2005 at 04:47 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Ok the recipe is in the recipe section lol. And I'm alive but I'm not sure for how long. I've got a trojan horse virus and I can't get the instruction to stop it to work. Always something.

#117354 December 16th, 2005 at 05:06 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Loz, It is very worth it. You cannot imagine how proud I am of myself for finally figuring out fudge, I am a fudge maniac now. I think after the PB fudge, I want to make cherry with bits of marishino cherries inside.

Tina, It does not sound like you are having a good day at all. Hope it gets better by the time the kiddos get home from school. How does teddy handle vacations? They are really hard on Zackery.

Tammy, get rid of that thing asap, we don't want to be without you long. how is the roommate situation going?

#117355 December 16th, 2005 at 05:42 AM
Ted loves vacationing at home best! But he also travels well. We went to New Zealand for six weeks a couple years ago and he was a wonderful companion. (except on the plane when he wanted to kick the seat in front of him). We go camping and things. He's just good and I'm just lucky.
~Tina

#117356 December 16th, 2005 at 05:50 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Afternoon all. I read back a page or two someone is making a Bundt cake. Is that one you can Bunt pass or punt or just grab it and run? laugh Got off late this morning had a package at P.O. Sister sent me two Tony Hellerman books as well as some Jalapenos and chips and salsa. I keep telling her we have Salsa and chips here but she sends it anyway she knows it wont last long. also got card from Triss was real pretty thank you very much. Went up to WMS where I retired from had lunch with a bunch of my lady friends. Time I got out of there I had been hugged by every woman there laugh thumbup lala . I have invited one lady and her dad to join and sent them a link. They are from Long Island (and sound like they are) she had to move her folks down here so she can help as her dad has had some heart problems. When Wendy said he liked to Garden I put my big foot right in the door and told her all about us here so she and her dad may join. I hope they do. Anyone heard how Vanessa came out @ Dr. today?
Jimmy

#117357 December 16th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Hello Mel didn't see you at first. How are you doing today?
Jimmy

#117358 December 16th, 2005 at 06:08 AM
Hey, I'm good, JV! How are you doing? I'm lurking and reading and checking out the walmart circular online, gotta go but refuse to during the Christmas season unless it's very late or very early in the morning. I started my vacation today, until Jan. 3. Having minor surgery tomorrow, starting Christmas shopping and crafting this week!

#117359 December 16th, 2005 at 06:19 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Jimmy, I guess it is one you run with, 'cause the guys took it! laugh Lucky for me, they didn't fund the little one in the cabinet! thumbup

Mel, good luck tomorrow!

#117360 December 16th, 2005 at 06:24 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
You are very lucky Tina that major transitions like that are easy. Zack does travel very well though, good thing too since we like to go cross country as often as we can. He also does a plane very well, just does not like missing school.

Well Hi there Jimmy, glad you got the card. Enjoy your chips and salsa.

Mel, Will be praying for you tomorrow that the surgery is a success. Hope you won;t be down for long.

Sarah, The guys stole your cake? Well that is not very nice of them. Hope you enjoy your lil one.

#117361 December 16th, 2005 at 06:37 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I told them it was here, so I guess that was my bad! Actually, I don't mind, 'cause if they take it, I can't eat it. Duh grinnnn

#117362 December 16th, 2005 at 06:43 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
nawwwwww

#117363 December 16th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, all... wavey
Wow...this is my third post today!
I'm burnin' it up, ain't I? laugh

Gotta go try to catch up.....

Cindy Faye

#117364 December 16th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I've got a trojan horse virus
Google the name of the Trojan and they will usually send you to a page with the cure...

#117365 December 16th, 2005 at 06:50 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Hi Cindy! wavey How's your day going?

#117366 December 16th, 2005 at 06:51 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Well hello there Cindy. How did things go today? How is Brennan doing this eve?

#117367 December 16th, 2005 at 07:03 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
closing down...

#117368 December 16th, 2005 at 07:04 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, I ATTEMPTED to catch up... frown aint gonna happen unless Santa brings me that speed reading course!!!

Went to the new Doc...and I LOVE HIM!!! I have been very blessed to hit the great ones right off since we have been here! Hubby liked this one as well...so he will be usuing him also!
A very thourough guy, lot's of questions, very up to date on the lates fibro & lymphedema stuff. I am ALWAYS hesitant about new Docs because they always want to "play" around with my meds and it causes a lot of problems...he wants to amke some changes as well, but I was impressed that he choosing to do it in a gradual manner. He said this is no time to be reeking havoc...so he started one new med today and will see me once a month to start making the gradual changes. He was very pleased that I keep my pain meds to aminimum cosidering the shape I am in...but he thinks with some additions & changes he will be able to help in the discomfort department. So...it was a great visit and I am encouraged about maybe being able to feel a bit better with some med changes.
And then I got home (exhausted) and Darin called to let me know he was suppose to have called me last night and this morning...(and failed to) so he was in BIG trouble...he was suppose to let me know about Havin's Christmas program tonight at 6:30!!! So, it looks like I will be out again...TWICE in one day...it's really just a flook thing..I am really NOT getting a life...so don't panic! laugh

~V~

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard