This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11720 July 10th, 2003 at 11:15 AM
R
Renee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I was wondering if someone could help with some step by step instructions on how to put in a patio that will be 10x24 and is along the side of a barn. I have a 16ft picnic table that I want to put there. I'm not sure if i will do brick or flagstone. All the sites I have gone to are very vague. I laso want to build a type of over hang that will run 18-20ft to cover the table area. Should I do the overhang first or can I do it after the patio, and set the beams past the patio edge? I know this isn't a garden question but I like to build things and then surround them with flowers. Any help is appreciated.

#11721 July 10th, 2003 at 11:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Renee,
What for Floweraddict, he's our carpentar, builder guy!!!!
I think he's on vacation!!
Weezie smile

#11722 July 10th, 2003 at 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Renee,
send me a private message with your email address and I will try to send you some of the plans I have found. Very helpful and very "step-by-step". I have several that are great for brick. smile

#11723 July 11th, 2003 at 08:00 AM
B
B
Renee,
You sound like you are building a HUGE deck! Wow, I'm jealous. I have a little concrete patio 14' x 12' and am adding another 10'6" x 10' to it. I guess we are all enjoying our flower and vegetable gardens a lot these days and need a more comfortable place to enjoy them from!

Good Luck Renee!
-Bunny T. confused

#11724 July 11th, 2003 at 01:54 PM
We are putting in a patio at this time and opted for the stamped concrete. We talked about the flagstones or brick, but it will be on the north side of our house and will have a lot of snow on it, depending on the severity of the winter. I was told that water would get under the flagstone or brick and push it up and it would have to be reset in a few years. The way that we were going to do it was: frame it up, put down a layer of sand, position bricks or flagstone and then put sand over the top of that and sweep it over it so it will get between. It will sort of form a concrete to hold them in place. This, of course, is the simplified instructions! Go to the library and they will have a lot of books with plans in it. Good luck. I know that I am really looking forward to getting mine finished!

#11725 July 24th, 2003 at 01:05 PM
ahhh you need to go watch HGTV on the weekends and some evening shows...like landscapers challenge.you can see them actually do some of what you are fixing to do and get some good ideas also and some will even give you cost,just most of them are calif based shows.have you thought of those stone molds you fill with quick set concrete?those are good too lowes has the molds for $14 and can color dye the concrete to your color.sure hope ya have HGTV oh and they have a web site and it has instructions from the show you can download with all the info you need to do the projects in case ya don't get a tape in fast enough like me sometimes
good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard