This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11709 October 5th, 2003 at 07:07 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Hey you all! I am begining to have ideas of starting my own garden-ish thing in my room. but i really only want like big leafy plants, and i was wondering what types of plants have nice big leaves, can take dramatic temperature changes (my room has no air conditioning, so during smummer its excrutiatingly hot, and during winter it can be hot,(not often i dont like heaters) or really cold) also, if there are any, i would like one that reproduces itself so i can get more than one sprout fro mthe same base plant. i hope i made my self clear... are there any plants like this?

#11710 October 10th, 2003 at 06:48 PM
Hi there ringontheworld!
I would suggest a pathos of some sort. They tend to survive most conditions and they are very easy to propagate (pluck a leaf with a little node on the stem and stick it in some water or dirt). You can check the houseplants section in the main Garden Helper for more info on pathos. I have one in my office that just loves low light and deals with the temp changes of a mfg. plant well. I've taken 4 cuttings from it so far!

If you re-post this in the houseplants section there are bound to be more replies. We have some wonderful houseplant people but that's the only place they look. wink

Good luck and keep on gardening!

Link Copied to Clipboard