This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116859 April 24th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi. I'm a newbie gardener...this is my 2nd year paying any attention at all to plant life. I have a HUGE garden. My husband built about 10 60 foot long raised beds, double dug, and filled with mushroom compost. Each is about 4 feet wide. Not bad for a beginner, huh! My back yard is terraced out like Machu Pichu....but it grew just about everything I put in tne ground last year. This year seems much wetter though, so I don't know if I will be as successful. I already have peas, lettuce, rhubarb, asparagus, beets, kale, and some pumpkins started, but have lots more to grow.

I really have no clue about what I'm doing, so I thougth the forum would be a fun place to find help and share successes and disasters.

Thanks for the welcome.

Debbie in Washington state by Olympia

#116860 April 24th, 2005 at 01:59 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, Debbie! wavey

My husband built about 10 60 foot long raised beds, double dug, and filled with mushroom compost. Each is about 4 feet wide. Not bad for a beginner, huh!
Not bad at ALL! shk
That's pretty awesome!
I'd love to have a husband that would do that! laugh

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to meet you...
Cindy

#116861 April 25th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Hi, Debbie! wavey
Welcome to the forum! Wow, Washington huh? One of my favorite places to visit. Sounds like you have an amazing garden too! thumbup
I'm way east of you in Northeastern Illinois, about 40 miles SW of Chicago. It'll be interesting to read about your gardening experiences. Do you do only veggies? I do mostly ornamentals with a few tomatoes, peppers and herbs tucked in.
Again, Welcome!

#116862 April 25th, 2005 at 12:59 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Deb,

Is that paper mill still in Olympia? I have family spread throughout Western Washington so it is extra special nice to welcome you to the forum.
I wouldn't worry about the rain now, it'll probably still drought late summer lol it always does. Do you have any rain barrels for the gutters to catch the rain for later in the year? Hard to believe what they charge for water in Washington.

#116863 April 27th, 2005 at 03:31 PM
O
O
Welcome Debbie! wavey I'd like to do terraces on a steep bank in my side yard, but I don't know if I'll ever have the time. I have way too many project ideas! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard