This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115733 October 2nd, 2005 at 07:00 PM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Tammy is one of my adopted daughters. Patsy one of my lady friends is her mother. as you can see she is very special

Read your message from TAMMY TUCKER

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Sorry About the Loss of Your Dog.

A Message From TAMMY TUCKER
FOR THE LOSS OF ALL YOUR LITTLE ONES

#115734 October 2nd, 2005 at 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beautiful,JV. Thanks for sharing kissies

#115735 October 2nd, 2005 at 08:08 PM
AWWW!! Jimmy..that was so touching. Brought tears to my eyes. ters I'm such a sucker for animals.
I have to go away for a couple months for work and the thought of leaving my pets is just killing me....I can handle not seeing my family and friends..we can call...keep in touch...they understand why I'm gone and that I'll be back. How do I explain this to my animals. Might sound silly to you nutz but I'm just dreading the day I have to say good-bye.
Anyway..thanx for sharing that...I'm copying and pasting that one for sure!
Christina

#115736 October 2nd, 2005 at 11:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was really beautiful Jimmy, thanks for sharing it with us.... kissies

#115737 October 3rd, 2005 at 02:34 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Christina no it doesnt sound silly to me. Your talking to a man that calls home during the day and talk to my pets on the voice mail machine. When my son was visiting he said they knew when I would call and when the phone rang they all ran to it and listened while I talked to them. He said once he started to answer and one of the dogs growled and barked at him when thye never did that he said when he stood back they all would gather round the phone table and when I hung up they would go their way and not come anyother time the phone would ring. My wife and I started that 20 years ago when we both worked nights. So I guess you could say I am silly.
Jimmy

#115738 October 3rd, 2005 at 05:10 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Thank you JV for posting this...I just sent a copy to my niece who had just lost her guinea pig a couple days ago. thumbup kit

#115739 October 3rd, 2005 at 05:15 AM
JV..I don't think that's silly at all...I'm tellin' ya..I can't even go to the bathroom without it being a family affair..heaven forbid, the animals might miss something. It's too funny though..as soon as I get up, the dog, the cat and the rabbit all follow me. I could walk around the coffee table 10 times and they'd all follow me. My boyfriend often teases that he's gonna' buy a big dog costume so he can get the same attention I give my animals. LOL I can't help it..when something loves you that much, you can't help but love them just the same.
Christina

#115740 October 3rd, 2005 at 06:27 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
All my dogs also follow me everywhere. When I get up from a chair I have to look to see which one I'm stepping on. Like with you they all follow me to the bathroom. Tren the Parrot normally is on my shoulder so he also goes everywhere. when I let Clyde my male glider out he is on my shoulder or on my back or chest runs donw my leg to bark at the dogs. When I shower the dogs all block the door looking down the hall so no one can get in they are a mess. All sleep around me spot under or beside hte bed Mimi my little girl sleeps on a pillow by the head of my bed I coever her up and tuck her in. Hunter sleeps at the foot of the bed. People ask why I don't remarry where would she sleep the floor? laugh Dogs have the bed covered.
Jimmy

#115741 October 3rd, 2005 at 06:50 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Your talking to a man that calls home during the day and talk to my pets on the voice mail machine.
Jimmy...it is so good to know I'm not the only one that does that!
shocked
Cindy

#115742 October 3rd, 2005 at 07:08 AM
Aww Jimmy...that's so nice. I bet they're great company for you!! I love hearing animals stories. You could type and type and type and I'd never get sick of reading!
Christina

#115743 October 3rd, 2005 at 08:24 AM
that is so beautiful jimmy! I got my cat in the habit of drinking out of the bathtub...hey! he'd follow me to the bathroom and just sit and stare at me while I used the bathroom so I just put him in the bathtub and cut the water on a teeny bit and he just looked at it and then after that he'd run in there and jump in the tub and wait for you to cut the water on shocked

#115744 October 4th, 2005 at 07:35 PM
C
C
My husband says if he is ever single again he will have to remember that our dogs (great danes) are wonderful "chick magnets". We take the dogs to Atwoods on Sunday (it is a farm and ranch store) just so they can get out and socialize. In the summer we walk nightly and take them to softball games or football games. They love to get out around people. For sure the next Mrs. Mounsey would have to like dogs as ours are spoiled rotten and need lots of attention!! My mom calls the dogs her granddogs and they are always welcome to come vist gramma at her house.

#115745 October 4th, 2005 at 10:34 PM
I thought that was what voice mail was for laugh laugh Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard