This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115653 April 15th, 2005 at 02:36 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Have anyone else seen a bird I think I got it spell right kildeer? They are noisy birds if you get around their nests? They are pretty birds grey and white,and they supposed I heard lay their eyes on gravel and stuff like that? Does anyone else have them and does any one know anything about them? Bye Rita

#115654 April 15th, 2005 at 02:43 PM
Hey, Rita! I about mowed over a nest of eggs on Sunday while driving the tractor. The mother came and stood between me and the tractor to get me to veer off away from her young'uns.

Year before last we had a nest of killdee on our septic field. This year it is smack dab in the middle of our huge front yard. I had my future husband put up a red flag marker so we would be able to see her the next time we mow.

I really don't know anything about these birds except that the mother and father are very protective of the nest. They will walk away from the nest acting injured to distract you if you get too close to their babies. Beautiful birds and very brave, too.

Here is a link I found while searching for some information for you:

http://www.birdwatching.com/stories/killdeer.html

Dianna

#115655 April 19th, 2005 at 08:15 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hello Dianna was just checking the website you gave me and it was very interesting to read thank you so much for all of that information and I'll keep mine eyes open to see a baby kildeer bye Rita

#115656 May 5th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
The only thing I know about them is if you listen closely to them call it sounds like they are saying kildeer. laugh flw

#115657 May 5th, 2005 at 03:02 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I have kildeer all over the place here. The babies are just the cutest things....look like little balls of fluff blowing around in formation. LOL I too mark the nests so we won't run over them! Basically all it is is a dent in the ground most the time. Have fun watching for the eggs to hatch.

Link Copied to Clipboard