This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115624 November 14th, 2005 at 08:47 PM
tamara Offline OP
OP Offline
on this forum and everything. As you know the lady I worked for passed away last month. I can't find work anywhere. Some older neighbours have passed away also. Two of my cousins might have cancer, SIL might have cancer also.They are waiting for results. Saturday night a neighbour just lost a new house he was building to a fire(no insurance). I've been so overwhelmed the last week, and to top it all off I have so much Christmas stuff to do. I do Xmas cooking for some people who can't cook anymore, grandmas house needs to be cleaned and decorated. I just need to vent because I am ready to lose my mind, just bare with me as I need santas helper elves.

#115625 November 14th, 2005 at 08:51 PM
Hi tamara ~ wavey

I am glad you came here to vent. Sounds to me like you need much more than some elfin helpers, my friend.

That is a LOT to be going through all at once.

Sometimes the holidays can feel so difficult when there are so many important things weighing on our minds. Society blasts us with good cheer, bright shiny colors, happy music and festivities and we can be left standing there wondering how to accomplish the ordinary stuff of living! That's so hard!!

Merme

#115626 November 14th, 2005 at 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so sorry to hear things are so stressful for you right now. You'll definately be getting prayers sent your way from your friends here.

Since you're doing the cooking and cleaning for the elderly,could you get some help from a church or civic group? You could also contact the Girls Scouts or the Boy Scouts and ask for some volunteers(It could be a good "service" project for them)

Heres my prescription for "Stress Relief"

Close bathroom door,run a hot bubblebath,pour a glass of wine(just 1,cause your destressing not escaping),light some lavender scented candles,turn on some nice music and set the timer for 1 hour,refill hot water as needed thumbup

May be taken as needed teech

#115627 November 14th, 2005 at 09:19 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, Tamara...I get so stressed out at Christmas with just normal things going on, let alone all stuff you are dealing with.

I do Xmas cooking for some people who can't cook anymore, grandmas house needs to be cleaned and decorated.
I hope you can get some help with these chores.
It is so nice of you to do these things.

Cindy

#115628 November 15th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies tamara, i'll pray for some help for you!

#115629 November 15th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh, Tamara...I get so stressed out at Christmas with just normal things going on, let alone all stuff you are dealing with.
Well...I have come up with with a solution for me....
We aren't doing Christmas this year. I just cannot stress myself anymore..so..it aint gonna happen! All our decorations are still at the other house...and we really don't have room for a tree anyway. We just can't do the gift thing. So...I'm thinkin we are just gonna plan on maybe a nice meal (since I'm not getting to cook for Thanksgiving) I have decided that Peanut isn't really old enough to know the difference anyway! So...there ya go!
I am thankful to be close to Darin & the kids...and enjoy them every day...that's enough for me! kissies

#115630 November 16th, 2005 at 06:54 AM
Gee Tamara, you've got your hands full. What type of work are you looking for. Hopefully something will turn up, but you've got so much other stuff to do right now.

Vanessa, that's a great idea. I wish we could not have Christmas this year too. I'd like to just be able to rest through December. One year one of my sisters didn't put up a tree. Her children were in college, she was working full time, and they or her husband didn't want to help her so she just didn't do it. On Christmas Eve they all got upset because they didn't have a tree. Too bad was her reply.

Link Copied to Clipboard