This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#114718 December 13th, 2005 at 08:12 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, so I'm sorry that rhyme doesn't exactly work, but you get the idea!

This has been some record-breaking run on package deliveries to the Merme/Maxi household!

And that's right... all from our Garden Helper Pals!

There was a late delivery today with a package of about 90 million seeds from Afgrey. Or so it seems... all set to go in the ground at our new place!

Then there was a UPS delivery from Peppereater/Dave with that cell phone for me to use to call 911.

To freak me out further with that Twilight zone song I'd been hearing since Tina sent a blanket to match Fernie's sheets,

The cell phone box freaked me out because it is an AT&T product and AT&T ARE THE ONLY PHONES THAT ARE RELIABLE IN OUR TOWN because we voted down any towers. People who have other phones/services, have to go up the highway a bit to the next town where they won't lose their signals...

With Melcon running down here regularly to save the day, and Nana's special throws on their way, I am feeling ALL cared about and remembered and filled up with warm fuzzies.

Whether you people are sending well wishes, handing out wisdom and comfort, or putting stuff in the mail, you are the best!

Thanks so, you guys.

shocked kissies shocked

It's enough to make a grown woman bawl.

Merme

#114719 December 13th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
There are just a bunch of nice people here and a bit of it rubbed off on me some. That is so cool that the blanket from Tina matches the sheets. Can we see a picute next time Mel comes over????? grinnnn

#114720 December 13th, 2005 at 09:30 AM
thumbup Merme! Like you, I'm just amazed what a caring bunch of folks there are here.

#114721 December 13th, 2005 at 11:00 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Can't ya just FEEL the love here!? ters

Cindy

#114722 December 13th, 2005 at 11:07 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Can't ya just FEEL the love here!?

It overwhelms me sometimes.
I just got through telling Dianna that I am closer to some of my friends here than some of my family members.
I think it is so funny how you can develope such strong relationships with your friends here...but if the walked past you on the street you wouldn't even know who they were...

did that come out right... nutz

~V~

#114723 December 13th, 2005 at 11:11 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...but if the walked past you on the street you wouldn't even know who they were...
I know exactly what you mean!
One of these days I'm gonna go to the Roadhouse in Washington and check Bill out...and he won't even know it! laugh laugh p

#114724 December 13th, 2005 at 11:17 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
and he won't even know it!
Yeah...I think he would...the claw marks on your neck & shoulder would be a dead give~away!!!! laugh

~V~

#114725 December 13th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Uhhh...I planned on wearing a shirt! laugh p

#114726 December 13th, 2005 at 11:47 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Why???????? laugh laugh laugh

But...I have seen some of your shirts...they have that distinct Lola mark on them...so you better get a new one if you are going in cognito!!!!

~V~

#114727 December 14th, 2005 at 12:01 AM
I, too, am a recipient of all the love that goes around on this forum. Like Vanessa, I feel closer to a lot of you than I do some of the friends that I have here at home.

Being there through thick or thin, you just can't beat GH friends!

Dianna

#114728 December 17th, 2005 at 10:47 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I know I tend to be sentimental, but tonight I can't help but express the wonderment I feel when I consider this place Bill built for us...

Imagine: a place where gardeners from every nook and cranny round about, from every persuasion and social distinction could come together and find friendships beyond our towns, our daily lives, our limiting culture. Here TIME zones or PLANTING zones don't even divide us!

Here we care about the children and far-flung friends and relations. We care about the husbands and loved ones and what's for dinner. We care about household mini-disasters and social successes. We care when someone goes missing from among us yet are always glad to widen the circle. We cheer on the sick and the fainthearted and celebrate all signs of progress. I can't think of a single topic that hasn't been discussed by the lively minded, kind members of this forum.

Today I read of my older friend in TX receiving his very first Christmas Card from Canada. I read of a passel of little children in OR getting a surprise from a woman in AK in very difficult circumstances. I read of a flurry of cards and bundles to-ing and fro-ing all over the place and I'm just so glad that me 'n Maxi are a part of it all, just so glad.

Merme

#114729 December 17th, 2005 at 10:55 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Wow, Merme...you sure have a way with words.
If I was Mr. Bill I'd print that out and frame it.

I would love to be able to describe the forum like you just did...I just can't get those kinda words together in the right places. But, I feel the same as you do.

Rachel has always called you all my "Imaginary Friends". laugh
She's just joking when she says it...because she knows how much I care for everyone here...but it is kinda weird that I have such good, close friends that I have never seen, other than Jiffy, and I probably never will. That's really freaky when you start thinking about it.
(See...I don't have too good of a way with words!)

I'm gonna be needing my friends here a lot more in the coming months than I ever have before...and I know they will all be here for me.

kissies

Cindy Faye

#114730 December 17th, 2005 at 11:00 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
afgrey ~ you know we'll all be here for you every step of the way, come what may...

Merme

#114731 December 17th, 2005 at 11:06 AM
Merme - you wrote so eloquently my feelings exactly! I am so honored to have you all as friends -

even if Amy does insist that you are still all dirty old men in your basements out to get me!!! laugh Duh nutz

Cindy - whatever it is that you need, whenever you need it - you got it!

#114732 December 17th, 2005 at 12:03 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, this must quite the sappy night...I was expressing the very same sentiments to Loz a bit ago...I sometimes wonder if Mr. Bill REALLY understands how very much of an impact this forum that he has provided for us has on every life involved here. I wonder if he realizes that this is not a place we come to just "hang out" but a place we come to bond and intertwine our lives....and help a few people along the way. And just how important we have become to each other.
There are very few people in the world that can claim that they have touched the number of lives that have been touched on this forum..with a long term effect. No, these aren't fly by night relationships that are made here...they are lasting friendships that we hold dear to our hearts. I also think that it is the quality of people that are drawn here, honest hard working , live off the land and protect it and make it beautiful along the way kind of people.
So, once again I thank you Mr. Bill for this wonderful place we call home....I'm sure I don't thank you enough or show my appriciation like I should....but honestly...there is no way I could ever begin to repay you for the number of wonderful friends I have met here...

And thank you very much Merme...for digging into my sappiness... laugh

~V~

#114733 December 17th, 2005 at 12:06 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
even if Amy does insist that you are still all dirty old men in your basements out to get me!!!
OMG! You should have heard Rachel when I got my present from Bill last year! laugh It was so funny...she wouldn't even let me open it without her standing right over me... laugh
She was expecting a severed head or something grinnnn

#114734 December 17th, 2005 at 12:30 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Well since you all are gonna get sappy. I love this place and everyone on it. You are closer to me then anybody anywhere you are now my "real" family. Cindy if you need me just speak up I am at your disposal oops maybe I shouldn't say disposal because my ex wife all ways said I could be disposed of guess she now knows she can be also. Like Cindy I'm not good with words just action. Thank you all so much for all your love and support for me.
Jimmy

#114735 December 17th, 2005 at 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a dirty young woman, does that count???? Duh And I have a basement.... laugh laugh

I truly love everyone here kissies .....I couldn't imagine not having you guys....it's sorta like free therapy in a way huh???? laugh And lots of special moments shared, and happy times, and sad times......and gardening stuff thrown in for the heck of it.... thumbup

#114736 December 17th, 2005 at 12:46 PM
I wanna ditto the thanks for the site. I just don't know what I'd do if it weren't for the people on this site. I've been to other gardening sites but just never really felt comfortable to really talk and pour my heart out to the people on them. but here you can pour your heart out to people you just met and not have to worry about them thinking your crazy (even though you may very well be laugh laugh )and they'll be there for you to talk to whenever they need you! Bill thank you so so so sosoooooooooooo much for making this site. we've all seen that it has come a LONG way! and look how many members we have now! and it's climbing every day! it seems like just yesterday that we hit 5000 members and now we're in the 7000's!!! Bill you do such a fantastic job with this site and we REALLY REALLY appreciate it. and we also have wonderful hostesses too that help to keep the bad apples from ruining the bunch. you seem to be a TON of help to bill. on lot's of other sites it seems that the head honchos and the administrators and stuff don't really want to get to know the members of the site because they think they are all high and mighty and better than everybody but no way not here! everybody is bestest friends here and we're all equal (some sometimes crazier than others...me included laugh laugh )and thanks to everybody for being my friend and making me feel like one of the bunch even though I'm like the youngest on here! but hey we're all a kid at heart :-) thanks everybody I love you guys!!

#114737 December 17th, 2005 at 05:53 PM
it's sorta like free therapy in a way huh????
laugh laugh and Dear Abby, and Ask the Doctor, and Miss Manners, ..................

This place is GREAT!!!!!

and gardening stuff thrown in for the heck of it....
Sometimes when I'm talking to my daughter and going on and on about what we "talked" about this and that on the forum, she'll ask, "how much do you guys actually garden or talk about gardening?" nutz laugh

#114738 December 17th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
my daughter plugs her ears when I start talking about what's going on here! :rolleyes:

you know... those dirty old men in the basement!!! laugh thumbup

#114739 December 17th, 2005 at 11:07 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Here, Lynne...
...show her this picture of Bill and let us know what she says!

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#114740 December 17th, 2005 at 11:35 PM
laugh laugh laugh nutz laugh laugh laugh

#114741 December 18th, 2005 at 06:51 AM
I am forever telling Dan or the kids that "so and so" said this or that and they ask who is that. My reply is always one of my friends. I long ago stopped thinking of you all as "people online" and am happy every day to have such wonderful friends as you.

#114742 December 18th, 2005 at 07:53 AM
OMG - Cindy - I just noticed that the tatoo on the arm was Wild Willy!
laugh laugh laugh laugh Waaaaaaaay too funny!!! laugh laugh laugh clp

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard