This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#114645 July 9th, 2005 at 10:18 AM
Well I'm dreaming here so who cares about the expense.

#114646 July 9th, 2005 at 10:21 AM
It has a whopping 2 drawers in it
I, also, only have 2 drwaers

It drives me nuts because my sister Allison will come over and mess them all up when I'm not looking....she thinks she's pretty funny I guess....
UGH!!! My niece does the SAME thing to me!!!! I have my magnets all in order and she totally messes them up!!

#114647 July 9th, 2005 at 11:08 AM
I had a really good friend that stayed with me for a year to recupe from a really bad heart attack. My daughter and I had always been alone so it was a little strange to have a man around the house for any length of time. He was an ex sailor and had to have everything :p just so..(anal??) My fridge was lined up like a military parade. Everything had its place. Height restrictions etc. frown
My loverly daughter dev took great joy in opening the fridge and just strewing EVERYTHING around. :rolleyes: He would never say a word, but half an hour or so later, all back in order.
I still have to giggle about it, especially when you talk of your magnets.. If you saw any of mine, you would frown

#114648 July 9th, 2005 at 11:44 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Insert drooling graemlin here. wink Vanesa am already drooling it looks good from what I could see. "licks lips again" Your pot rack looks like the one my wife had years ago she finaly did something with it I was always hitting my head on it and she would laugh and say it's still in the same place dear. Tris you would like the bay window across my kitchen(still does not feel right to say my kitchen it has always been my wifes)I put a shelf goes across the window about 14 feet and put flowers on it in the winter no room for anything else then Also In Igauna's bedroom have shelf for flowers and my seedlings.
Thank you Vanessa
Jimmy

#114649 July 9th, 2005 at 06:57 PM
C
C
Sybil, cleaning the fridge has to be my most absolute unfavorite chore...send your sailor over here please!!! LOL

#114650 July 9th, 2005 at 09:40 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Thank you Vanessa
Oh JV...we think you are worth it! laugh

Everybody here hits their head on the pot rack...and I tell them the SAME thing....it's in the same place it has always been..... :rolleyes:
Our ceilings are very low..and of course the lights that I wanted were hanging ones! So we tried to adjust them up as high as they would go...I have to keep the table pulled up under the light so people wont whack their head on it! Did I mention that I don't really like this house! Jv...I think I'm gonna come and claim your KITCHEN!!!!!

#114651 July 10th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
okay you guys heres my kitchen... For directional reference the window is facing West and the stove is north...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#114652 July 10th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a nice sized kitchen to me...and lots of cabinet space too! Are they his and hers coffeemakers on your bakers rack???? Or just for when you really want a lot of coffee...LOL We have 2...Mark has a big one, and I have a little 1 cup maker....works for us good...He drinks a huge thermos full in the mornings.

I was searching for a TV and spotted it above your fridge....I couldn't live without my little 13 inch out there...When you are out there cooking for a long time you need one.... smile

#114653 July 10th, 2005 at 10:33 AM
The cool thing about the tv is the remote works for the big tv in the living room too!! and vice-versa.. So I always have a remote for the tv.
The coffee pots are thus: The one on the left is one I got for a gift but it was a lemon from the get-go. So I wrote to Mr.Coffee via email and told them of my suggestions for the product. They started telling me to take it and have it repaired etc... Long story short- by the time it was over they sent me a brand new one the one on the right... So now I use the one on the left to make tea and the other to make coffee. The black one in the middle is a Black and Decker Home Cafe` for when I only need one cup(which is rare!!!)

#114654 July 10th, 2005 at 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geez, I'm coming to your house for some coffee or tea.....you have a regular coffeehouse set up there....LOL All you need is a cappuccino maker and a bean grinder and you're all set....

I like the bookshelf being in the kitchen....are they all cookbooks on there????? I have a ton of them, that I keep on my bakers rack for lack of anywhere else to stick 'em..

#114655 July 10th, 2005 at 10:49 AM
Yep all the books are cookbooks. I have three small 3 ring binders that I have 5x8 index cards in with my Mostest Favorite recipes in and my own design recipes and the third I have hard copies of all the recipies I have stored on my pc. And I have three different sets of those recipe cards that you get samples of in the mail, ya know the ones I mean??? And I've already given Angela quite a few to help her start her own collection. But the one I have the most fun with is The CakeMix Doctor. Its fabulous when it comes to turning simple box cake mixes into something extraordinary!!!

#114656 July 10th, 2005 at 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Tric...I'm really hitting the sack....I just can't stop reading posts....it's bad...LOL

I've heard of the cake mix doctor cookbook....Wouldn't mind a copy of that myself....I think I saw it on one of the shopping channels on TV...I joined a bookclub and got the new edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook not that long ago, but I have lots of other ones too....I bet you have that one on that shelf somewhere.....LOL Night again....

#114657 July 10th, 2005 at 11:22 AM
Well, PC, I was going to comment on the coffemakers, but I was beaten to it. Darn fireworks!! wink I WILL comment on the mixer...its the one that I want!! Yours looks like the 4 1/2 quart one tho...I want the 6 quart one with the larger motor(arr arr arr) laugh

Here is my kitchen...
The frig, part of the pantry (on the left)...its where we keep all of our seasonings, and the dishwasher counter.
[Linked Image]

Turning towards the right, this is the microwave, sink, and another counter.
[Linked Image]

Stove (obviously)
[Linked Image]

and the back door
[Linked Image]

This is our pantry...it goes down the steps towards our basement.
[Linked Image]

#114658 July 10th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
This is my deal of the week...
I got it for $2!!! It has a corner that was broken off, but I stained it with Old English and you can't even see it. The first and third frames have recipe cards that belonged to my Nanna and in the middle is a poem for her. On the little shelf is a kitchen utensil that my pop-pop made and next to it a rose from my Nanna's funeral. Not bad for 2 bucks, eh? thumbup

#114659 July 10th, 2005 at 12:26 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
but I stained it with Old English and you can't even see it.
WOW..you really can't see it...I mean REALLY can't see it! laugh

#114660 July 10th, 2005 at 09:06 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I think all gardeners try to live in their kitchens. I would but mine is to small. I love the redo. Your wrought iron is wonderful I love it.

#114661 July 10th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I like the bookshelf being in the kitchen....
I wish I had my cookbooks in my kitchen! They are in the pantry up high and it makes it hard to get to them!

#114662 July 11th, 2005 at 03:13 AM
Funny, Vanessa. wink I tend to do that when I'm really tired.....and it was soooo late!!
Here's the pic of my little shelf.
[Linked Image]

#114663 July 11th, 2005 at 11:32 AM
Hey Loz! I love your kitchen! I bet you're so excited to be done. I'm totally green with envy right now, because we just took out money so we could get started on ours, and then all of a sudden all this stuff comes up. Like, I'm pregnant and sick as a dog, so I can't do the work myself, so we'll have to hire it. Plus, we'll have the expenses for the new baby. Then my hubby gets a notice that his company made a mistake on his W2s reporting a distribution from last year, so we're going to have to REFILE our taxes, and I figure we'll now have to pay about 2 grandbecause we got way too big a return because of the mistake, so our budget by the time all this stuff adds up is going to be less than half what it was. I love those Lowes cabinets, both the kind you finish, and the in-stock ones that are already finished, especially the maple. I keep wishing they's get hickory in.

Meg-- putting down these hardwood floors these days is really one of the easier home-improvement projects, and one of the most satisfying, cause it looks so GORGEOUS when it's done. You could totally do it yourself. Idid almost our whole house 4 years ago, and it looks great. The hardest part is making sure your floor is level.

Cindy- I have the same size kitchen as you, 8X12. I actually think that's a pretty good size kitchen. Not too big, not too small. It's the layout of ours that's crappy.

Jenn- Ilove the way you have your pantry set up. That's such a great use of space!

#114664 July 12th, 2005 at 12:47 AM
Ok Jenn,

I love the pantry stairs. I have to get Dan to do that for me.

#114665 July 12th, 2005 at 07:42 AM
Our kitchen is something like 14 x 10. It seems small. I don't have a lot of cabinet space either. I'll take some pictures and post them.

#114666 August 8th, 2005 at 06:55 AM
This is my kitchen from the back porch.

[Linked Image]

and from the hallway

[Linked Image]

and from the dining room

[Linked Image]

as you can see I don't have much cabinet space. I'd like to knock out the wall between the kitchen and the dining room but that would take away more cabinets.

#114667 August 8th, 2005 at 09:47 AM
Love that space. I bet if you did take out the wall you could put cabinates along one of the long walls and still have a wonderful space. Love all the light!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard