This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#114544 July 21st, 2005 at 05:57 AM
Nana...You all got loads done today! I'm for the pool. We always kill of a good section of grass with ours but the kids get so much joy out of it that it is well worth the effort it takes to keep it up and clear.

Jimmy... I haven't seen that. We really only have a small puddle for a lake, compared to what I consider a lake. Will have to take a look at the late night news and see if I can catch the story.

I got a call today to help with the nursery at church for the monthly business meeting. They always seem to have trouble getting someone to work over the summer so I am off in a bit to go have fun with other peoples kiddos for a while. The only thing I am not liking about it is having to go out in the heat. It is wicked out there today.

With any luck, I will be able to catch up with the Olympics later this evening, if not I will see you all with the sun in the morning.

#114545 July 21st, 2005 at 06:10 AM
I am for the pool too Triss- now to work on hubby - boys would love it for sure-- me too- would get in with them...LOL!

Well my week off just took a dump- Carrie called and they want her to work tomorrow, at 6 - means I need to be at her house at 5.... boy what I do for my kids! but I will still be off Friday- so that will work...Nana J can't do it tomorrow cause her hubby has a Dr appt-
Joe just went to get a take and bake pizza for dinner- we dont' do that often but sounds good tonight- to hot to cook- and we grilled last night-
Have a good evening all- going to bed early tonight- if the pills ever wear off- still feeling kind of extra energized-- ears are better thougth!

#114546 July 21st, 2005 at 06:16 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
109 at the airport-
Stay AWAY from the airport! shk

#114547 July 21st, 2005 at 06:24 AM
Yes I surely will- it it about an hour away from us anyway- out on the flatlands as my grandma used to say--
Hubby says our thermometer on the deck still says it's 100* .... hmmmm thinking will have icecream sundae for dessert..... any takers for some?

#114548 July 21st, 2005 at 06:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shocked well, merme, i beat my own best record laugh laugh now, to keep the heat from killing me too! i'm not looking forward to this months electric bill, the a/c has been on non stop

#114549 July 21st, 2005 at 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey me nana! i'll take one!!

#114550 July 21st, 2005 at 06:32 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
the a/c has been on non stop
Jiffymouse my a/c never goes off even in the winter only a day or 3 at the most gets cold enough for it to go off. When is really cold keep heat on 50. Don't normally have to worry about that.
Jimmy

#114551 July 21st, 2005 at 06:32 AM
Got strawberries- raspberries and or choc fudge and french vanilla ice cream--- got whipped cream and marachino cherrys for the topper too- help yourself - oh yes have bananas too if you want to make it a split instead----
hmmmmm may make this dinner - still to hot to turn on the oven..... wink

#114552 July 21st, 2005 at 06:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make mine chocolate, banana's, whipped cream, and a cherry.... ummmmm ummmm good... i'm done!

#114553 July 21st, 2005 at 06:52 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I can contribute chocolate chip mint to the desert table if anyone wants that and I have some crushed walnuts too. And I think yes there it is the chocolate stuff that turns hard after it comes out of the bottle. (I just know that didn't come out right.)

#114554 July 21st, 2005 at 06:55 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
lala

#114555 July 21st, 2005 at 06:59 AM
laugh laugh laugh

I love that weird chocolate stuff.

#114556 July 21st, 2005 at 07:04 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Oh Cindy,

You don't even have to say it and I'm laughing and blushing lol. Snorting too.....

#114557 July 21st, 2005 at 07:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Graemlins ROCK, don't they? laugh thumbup

grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn lala

#114558 July 21st, 2005 at 08:28 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
laugh laugh @ Tammy quote You don't even have to say it and I'm laughing and blushing lol. Snorting too.....quote laugh I have some chocolate mint as well as spearmint I can contribute. wink Make mine chocolate over chocolate. clp
Jimmy

#114559 July 21st, 2005 at 08:36 AM
kissies Merme,I've been reading about all our great Olympians. laugh laugh laugh

But no,I do not agree, "Howard Cosell"

In my minds eye you always sound just like Barbara Stanwyck.

btw,this duckie is a great swimmer. wink

#114560 July 21st, 2005 at 08:47 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Please don't lock down this topic before I get duckie's fantastic swim in! Coming right up!

Merme

#114561 July 21st, 2005 at 09:17 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ladies and Gentlemen! Standing here at the XXXth Olympiad Missouri River Swim venue, we can see the remaining swimmers in their final approach! Folks these swimmers have been in the swim for days and are now in the home stretch...

...live via helicopter feed, we see it is, it is, it is DUCKIE pulling in front of the last clusters in the water! Look at her go!

Duckie is one amazing swimmer! She has swam past shifting sandbars! She has swam past trecherous snags that hooked lesser athletes in this astounding event! She has successfully cleared all the islands and the sloughs!

Nothing can seem to stop this Prarie Aster!

Look! Look! She is outdistancing the pelicans and the eagles! Here she comes folks, here she comes in what has got to be the biggest swim of the century!

Oh no, oh no! The foxes have spotted our duckie in the water...however will she outswim them? If they catch her, they'll eat her for sure! But look, she's gone into overdrive and slicing through the water leaving those eat 'er up foxes choking in her wake!

The crowd can't stand it, they are on their feet! They are stampeding the banks of the river cheering Duck-ie! Duck-ie! Duck-ie! as though she is the only competing athlete! She HAS won the hearts of millions with this brave and daring swim and here she comes!

It's duckie out front! It's duckie coming around the last bend! It's duckie by a mile!

SHE HAS WON THE GOLD! It's GOLD! Duckie has done it! Can you believe this swim? 39 miles of the upper and 59 miles of the lower reaches and this gal is surely one fine duckie!

....Making her way to the podium she is swamped by reporters and TV cameras, hundreds of journalists screaming their questions...can she get through?

She can! She has made it to the bottom step of the podium. Let's listen...

"duckie, were you afraid when the fox was after you? Think you might get eaten before you crossed the finish on this magnificient feat?"

Ladies and Gentleman, this seems to be a question duckie is taking! I'm getting a live feed...listen...listen...

"Why of course I wasn't afraid of the fox and kept right on swimming! Day-em, I don't have a regenerative head for nothing, ya know!"

The crowd has gone insane! They are cheering! They are laughing! She has won them all! They love their duckie!!!

What a moment, folks, what a moment in the XXXth Olympiad history!

Hands on your heart everyone, it is time for the National Anthem and this Olympic Correspondent to wish you all a happy Good-Night in these closing ceremonies.

Duckie! What a champion! What a breathtaking event to close these games.

G'nite all!

Stay tuned for a word from our commercial sponsers.

Merme

#114562 July 21st, 2005 at 09:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
AFLACK! ! ! ! ! ! laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image]

#114563 July 21st, 2005 at 09:36 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
AFLACK! ! ! ! ! !
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
afgrey you kill me laugh laugh

#114564 July 21st, 2005 at 09:39 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I know, JV, I was on the FLOOR with that one by afgrey!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Merme

#114565 July 21st, 2005 at 10:04 AM
clp clp clp clp clp

day-em...that is one fine duckie.

And no, I do not waddle!!!

#114566 July 21st, 2005 at 10:05 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I'm so glad I found this place. I learn stuff and get to laugh too!!! I am heading off with a cup of coffee to my bedroom porch serenity room. We have a very soft breeze and a temp of about 70. For some reason with hills and animals and the lowering sun, it just looks so perfect tonight.

#114567 July 21st, 2005 at 11:39 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Fernie 70 degrees at night? That would be considered winter like here. laugh Good night all have a good safe rest I am hitting the hay will probably catchya in the 31st room. I have enjoyed the olympiad. clp
Jimmy

#114568 July 21st, 2005 at 11:57 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
A heartfelt and very sincere THANK YOU to everyone for being such "Good Sports" (uhm...) and playing this Olympiad Game with me today.

So many of us here on the forum have seemed to go through such tough times lately, I really hoped to come up with something cheerful for this edition of the Coffeehouse which has traditionally been a very lighthearted thread in Banter Hall. I truly hope you found some laughs in all the stuff and nonsense.

Thanks everyone, for putting up with me today. You guys are the best!

kissies kissies thumbup

p p p p

Merme

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard