This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Janet Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I just bought a couple of plants at a garden center at Home Depot, and they didn't come with that little planting help info thats usually stuck in with the plant. I am really not sure how to plant either, properly. I live in Ct where winters(especially this past one ) are cold & snowy. Can anyone off er some expertise . I really need it. Green Thumb I DO NOT have. lol Thank you!! :=)

S
S
Im not an expert, but i plant mine last year in sun and part shade, i dug the hole twice the size of the pot there in and mix spagma or peat moss and dehdraded cow manure in with the old dirt and just mix some 5-10-5 fertilizer, and they seem to be very happy. Hope it helps.

Shareen from NJ

J
Janet Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Shareen~~ I appreciate the help...I did just what you suggested! Hopefully my plants will be just as happy as yours.
Janet

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/GardenWisdom/PlantIndex.asp?Letter=L

Here is a site that'll give you some directions.

The Casa Blanca is to die for!!
Awesomely fragrant (from across the yard)
And visual from across the yard too!!!

I just about 90 bulbs of assorted Orientals, Trumputs, Orienpets, Astec or Asian Lilies and I am excited to see them in bloom!!!

Good luch with planting.
Weezie

Here's one for the hydrangea one. I don't have one.

Hope this helps!! http://www.springmeadownursery.com/article_5.htm smile

J
Janet Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Weezie for your input. My goodness that's alot of bulbs. I wish you a very green gardener's thumb with all your lillies! Sounds like the smells coming from your flowers will be heavenly! Thank you so much for your reply to my post. I appreciate your taking the time to write back to it. :=)
Sincerely,
Janet

G
G
Hey im no expert but i bought two asiatic lilly bulbs and planted them indoors. I live in central NY where its always kinda chilly. I put them in a 4 quart container about 2inches apart underneath a 100w lavender incandescant reptile lamp using schultz tropical potting soil. Once they sprouted i placed a Miracle Grow plant food spike between them and within 1 month they shot up about two ft! The larger 2 footer is about to bloom 4 pink flowers! The smaller 1 footer is forming flower buds. I dont know why one is twice the others size. Im new to plants. Its snows here up until late may and then comes back in october. Winters are pretty harsh so i try to grow things indoors . I hope this helps if anything. I dont know what im doing but i guess its something right since i have flowers comming smile cool

L
L
I planted two rows of Hydrangeas 7 years ago in unamended clay soil because I didn't know better. One row gets no sun, the other row gets a couple hours of afternoon sun, the rest shade.
The row with total shade grows and blooms brilliantly, the other hardly blooms. I transplanted them a couple weeks ago to a shadier place.I don't have this problem, but I hear they are deer candy.

Good luck. They are wonderful.

Link Copied to Clipboard