This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11402 February 16th, 2003 at 04:57 AM
K
kcd Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have read a lot of sites about watering Jade plants in the winter time and all say to "back off" a bit. However, my Jade plant is in a clay pot, in a sunny window, and I can't keep the leaves firm. They always seem to be shriveled looking. HELP! Should I be watering more often (not once a month) or is this the normal winter appearance?

#11403 February 22nd, 2003 at 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reducing water in winter assumes that the light is reduced due to shorter days. However, it doesn't take into account that the artificially heated indoor air is as dry as a desert in winter and that water evaporates more rapidly.

Water your jade thoroughly and then wait until the soil is dry as far down as you can poke your finger before you water again. That is a better guide than the calendar.

Link Copied to Clipboard