This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113943 November 29th, 2005 at 03:35 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
My life has been pretty hectic the past few weeks, I was having ALOT of breathing problems and ended up going to the doctor, He informed me I had bronchitis and gave me a ton of meds to take, Then I had to make an emergency visit to the vets office with one of the dogs. I have no idea what happened to Sammie, the best guess I can come up with is that he got a thorn puncture in his front leg, right on his "elbow". Anyway it swelled up the size of a basball & that same night at 1am it opened up so I was in the bathroom with the dog for over an hour draining this thing and putting warm, damp heat packs on his leg. The first thing the next morning I took him to the vet which is 30 miles one way, He doesn't like riding, and so the ride by itself was "alot of fun". Then at the vets office he caused alot of commotion, had every dog in the place barking and everyone was talking about him and of then course there was Thanksgiving and people invited to our house and I was the one doing most of the cooking myself (now I remember why I always try to plan for us to go to someone elses house LOL)....Anyway I think things are starting to get back to normal now and I can breath alittle better now. It has either been raining or windy (20-40 mph winds) for the past few weeks can't get outside to do anything, and still no seed catalogs in my mailbox. We had a tornado go through our area last night and our electric was out for almost 2 hours, but we didn't have any damage thankfully.

#113944 November 29th, 2005 at 04:02 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Anyway I think things are starting to get back to normal now and I can breath alittle better now.
Well, THAT is good! thumbup

This time of year stresses me out BIGTIME. eek
...even if nothing eventful happens like you've had!

there was Thanksgiving and people invited to our house and I was the one doing most of the cooking myself
I made a huge meal on Thanksgiving but didn't invite ANYONE! laugh
...Freckles ended up eating like a king for several days, though.
I learned my lesson last year about cooking for people...and I'm not doing it again. They can call me Scrooge if they want to, but afgrey will NOT be a hostess to a bunch of ungrateful people like I had here last Christmas. (Andy's kids...) I'm glad I don't have to even worry about it now.

So, how is Sammie now?

We are getting those winds now...that same system that you had last night. It is really starting to freak me out. I got Lola's travel cage out of the closet in case we need to hit the basement later. I need to go to the post office and get my seed swap stuff in the mail, but I really don't want to get out in this weather. ters

Cindy Faye

#113945 November 29th, 2005 at 04:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, what a hectic time you've had....I'm really glad that the tornado didn't give you any damage kissies ....I've been watching about them on the weather channel today....

Glad you're bronchitis is clearing up, I've had it before and it's not fun.... :p

#113946 November 29th, 2005 at 04:24 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
My goodness, you have been busy!

How's the puppy doing now? Duh And you?

#113947 November 29th, 2005 at 04:42 AM
Gee Comfrey, what a time you've had. Is your bronchitis gone? How's the dog? We've had some brisk winds too. It's raining now.

#113948 November 29th, 2005 at 04:46 AM
Sorry to hear you hit such a rough patch, Comfrey.
Hope you are all doing much better now - we missed you!

#113949 November 29th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
Wow, Comfrey! Glad things have improved enough for you to check back in with us! You've been missed.

I hope the wild weather in your area tames itself some...

Merme

#113950 November 29th, 2005 at 05:57 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Anyway I think things are starting to get back to normal now and I can breath alittle better now.
Normal??? Hhmm...I'm trying really hard to remember that one... laugh laugh laugh

Glad to hear you are better and things are simmering down a bit. thumbup

~V~

#113951 November 29th, 2005 at 07:55 AM
We had a tornado go through our area
They think we had one here on Thanksgiving! shk It's unheard of here.

Tornado in Phippsburg

#113952 November 29th, 2005 at 08:16 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
Sammie is doing fine now...I have had to give these huge antibiotic capsule 3 times a day, he is easy to pop a pile down his throat, that is if you don't mind your hand being slimmed all the way up to your wrist. The vet lanced his leg to open it up more and he was soooo good..LOL Well good for him that is.
My bronchitis is not gone, but at least the wheezing part is under control..it is bad when your own wheezing keeps you awake at night. As long as this wind keeps up....I doubt my bronchitis goes away completely, It could be spring before it is gone. I had that happen a couple of years ago, where I had it for almost 6 months. I don't feel bad..just short of breath if I have to do much walking or work.

Link Copied to Clipboard