This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113655 April 26th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
Fernie Offline OP
Snow Bunny
OP Offline
Snow Bunny
At the very back of my yard....west end....a little spring comes up out of the ground. There is little water maybe a little stream about 4 inches wide and a a couple inches deep that runs towards the juniper trees in my yard and completely soaks into the ground within 20 feet. The water actually disappears later in the summer but the ground remains very boggy and soft. I plan to transplant some lilies back there and am looking for a pussy willow. I need suggestions for what would look good back there. This area gets a lot of sun from about 11 a.m. on through the day.

Oh and I found a little bridge pattern to make and put over the little channel. It looks simple and pretty.

#113656 April 26th, 2005 at 02:11 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Maybe some of these would be useful?

Bishops weed
Turtlehead
Snakeroot
Sneeze weed
Groundsel
Cardinal flower
Loosestrife
Spiderwort
Culvers Root

I'm just a beginner so this is just stuff that looked good to me.

#113657 May 1st, 2005 at 10:19 AM
I had the same thing Fernie so i got an excavator in and now i have this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/m.longstaff/dam.jpg

#113658 May 1st, 2005 at 11:31 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Longy,

that's beautiful. Really nice job.

#113659 May 1st, 2005 at 03:03 PM
Fernie Offline OP
Snow Bunny
OP Offline
Snow Bunny
Wow...Longy...all that from a little spring. How gorgeous. However we are expecting a very bad drought this summer and I am thinking I will stick with bog gardening. I thought I had lillies growing in another area and it turns out they are hyacinths....I didn't realize how lily-like they could be. confused So still looking for my pussy willow (we have cattails just up the hill in the pasture and I think I am going to just leave them there) and look for some iris and lillies to put out there. Otherwise call it good for this year. I wrote down all the plant suggestions Tammy and hope to add to the area when I see how it gets through this summer. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard