Good Morning,

Weezie posted about a knot garden for indoors that she had found and it got me to thinking. I have always loved the look of these kinds of gardens but never thought to have one of my own. Well I have 21 Ranunculus corms and the juniper/spikemoss so this is the design I am contemplating.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/TKHooper/KnotGardenDesign.bmp[/img]

Let me know what you think or if I am headed for trouble. Of course I am always headed for some kind of trouble. lol angell

The legend is kind of small. 16 ranunculus around the outside and 5 more for the center. The juniper/spikemoss at the 4 corners inside and on the long sides 4 sets of 4 miniature roses of different colors. I'm thinking a redish-brown mulch between the plantings for contrast. Since the weed patch is on a slope it should show up pretty well. I know the outside boarder is suppose to be evergreen but I dont have enough of the Juniper/spikemoss yet to make that a go. The ranunculus are suppose to be good for 1 to 3 years so I thought I would use those until I had enough of the juniper to go around. It's a good use of the plants I have on hand I think. And my miniature roses do much better outside than inside. I'm thinking I can put the milk container drip irragation outside the knot to water the rans.

I'm thinking the ouside dementions would be approximately 30" x 30".