This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#112998 December 19th, 2005 at 01:08 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Up here in Brunswick ME we just had our regular Walmart expanded to a Super Walmart and I HATE it. mad There's nothing Super about it, moved everything around and I totally get lost, today was good cuz I took my time and learned where a few things were like crackers. Why are the chemicals over in the food section? Duh

When I got home and unloaded I realized that I didnt' have the bottle of Ocean Spray cranberry juice. It's my drink of choice whenever recovering from anything. So I checked the reciept and oh yeah, where's the olive oil I bought for a gift for daughter #2, out to the car, back in the house, searching more bags (remember I spent 3 freakin hours there, I got a lot of bags) out to the car again, check the garage even in the freezer cuz you never know. Finally thought about the new carasoels they put in to load your purchases, They are the stupidest things I've ever seen and I comment on it every time I've been there. They are round and loaded to the hilt with those white cheapie bags(most of them rip while putting them in your car) and they spin around and I get so confused but the cashiers always pleasantly assure me that they know where everything is.............so I called them up and after two transfers I get the service dept., Oh, just come in with your receipt ........I wanted to know what if there's more on my reciept that I can't remember right now, didn't anyone turn it in ......No, we don't have anywhere to store your things, it gets written in the book at the service desk, ............Well,,,,is anything in there with cranberry juice and olive oil? Duh ..............No, not til the end of the shift, oh wait a minute here it is, .......... mad

#112999 December 19th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Those truely are the dumbest things ever. frown Was it really so hard to bag one bag at a time and then hand it to me? Now they stuff the bags full and don't hand them to you, jeez...they don't even make eye contact with you anymore. :rolleyes:

Our walmart is to be a super by next year...

#113000 December 19th, 2005 at 01:15 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Walmart is trying to put a Super Wally World in a neighboring town which is fighting them tooth and nail. I know people shop at Walmart because it is so cheap but I just cannot support a company that won't support the community it is in. So I won't shop there unless I have no other options. However I went in to another neighboring town with a WM and it was quite a pleasant experience. Nice polite shoppers, cute as a button checker, easily found merchandise (or the merchandise I wanted anyway). And this was in the middle of the afternoon!

#113001 December 19th, 2005 at 01:24 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Walmart is trying to put a Super Wally World in a neighboring town which is fighting them tooth and nail. I know people shop at Walmart because it is so cheap but I just cannot support a company that won't support the community it is in.
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately I cannot afford NOT to shop at Walmart. I only go when I have to, once every two or three months, mostly for household supplies, this time for Christmas stuff.

I don't know when I'll be back there for my stuff now, I really wanted that juice mad It's about 45 minutes just in driving time then the wait at the service desk........... ugh

#113002 December 19th, 2005 at 01:27 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I have a Wal-mart within a mile of my house hate going there people are always rude feel like I 'm walking into a different country. They may as well hang a sign on the door ENGLISH NOT SPOKEN HERE. Also looks and feels like a garbage dump. I go to one about 5 miles from me as it is clean people are always nice and helpful and they speak ENGLISH doesn't matter if I have a second language we are in the U.S. I thought the language here was English not Spanish or any other language.

#113003 December 19th, 2005 at 01:55 AM
feel like I 'm walking into a different country
so true, Jimmy, even up here in NY! When they put WalMart in here where Caldors used to be, my husband said "watch all these people crawl out of the woodwork" - I asked what he meant? Didn't take a week, before people came out of nowhere - we had never seen them around before. And this is the smallest WalMart they have! I am not meaning to be prejudiced here at all - all different races and religions - just not "nice" people. I have never ever seen anyone I know when I am there, and it's right in the middle of town - just these very sloppy, inconsiderate, rude people ... and forget about the checkers! They used to have signs posted at every register that said "if we fail to give you a smile and hello, you get $10 from WalMart"!!! Imagine how long those signs were up!?! :p

But, like Mel, I shop there because of the prices.
I always try to go after driving Amy to school - at 7:30, so the crawling hasn't begun yet! kissies

#113004 December 19th, 2005 at 02:42 AM
I really feel lucky cuz I have just never had those issues with Wal Mart. I enjoy the deals I get there and like most other stores do not like being there when I know it is going to be busy. I am really glad I have not had the stresses all of you are finding when I shop there.

#113005 December 19th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Triss the onl ything I buy there is what I cannot find anywhere else. I will pay a higher price (depending on how much higher) jus to not put up with the BS @ Wal-Mart.
Jimmy

#113006 December 19th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess things aren't so bad around here...We have a super walmart 5 miles away that is very clean...then 20 miles away in the mall they just built a super walmart, and it's the biggest one I've ever been in---that sucker is humungous...

I don't "love" walmart, but it's cheap and if we don't go there then we have to go to the mall and who wants to do that?????lol I serioulsy probably haven't been to the mall in a year. shk

#113007 December 19th, 2005 at 05:10 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, here's my 2 cents worth. The town we live in has successfully fought out a Super Wal~Mart..because there is one that is just 17 minutes from here...I hope they continue to win the battle.
Where we moved from lost the battle and they put in a Super store. It is horrid! They have less of a selection, are always out of stuff and so far have put 2 grocery stores that had been there foever out of business completely.
Now they are doing the automatic with draw from your checking account if you write a check. So, after you write the check and they scan it...they hand the check back to you with your receipt...I hate it because I feel like I am just wasting paper for nothing...and we are killing trees to make that paper..it is such a waste. But...if you choose mot to use a card or carry the cash...that is what you will do...waste a check!

~V~

#113008 December 19th, 2005 at 05:21 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa I use my bank debit card like it better then writting checks always afraid the check wil wind up in wrong hands. A few weeks ago a truck loaded with loose checks lost them on I-45 no telling who got the ones they didn't find even if stamped they can still get your routeing and account number and write themselves a bunch of checks on your account.
Jimmy

#113009 December 19th, 2005 at 05:32 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
What I have against Walmart is it treats the employees like crap....most of them are part time with no benefits and not a living wage and for the privilege of that they have to yell walmart cheers every day they work. Plus Walmart does not support the communities they are in....they give to national charities but are pretty lousy at supporting anything local. And every cent of profit goes to the company headquarters....not a bit is reinvested where the stores are located. It is all about profit and to heck with you the consumer and where you live. I would rather go to the mall. I would rather pay twice as much.

#113010 December 19th, 2005 at 05:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know I can't afford to pay twice as much, but I know what you are saying....they should treat their employees better....ours is pretty good about helping the community here though.

#113011 December 19th, 2005 at 05:42 AM
I agree with you fernie. I have realtives who use to work for Wal-mat. Past tense. The full timers with benefits got treated like crap so, they would quit, no one else made it to full time.

Interestingly, there is no Wal-mat where I live. The communities in my area have fought tooth and nail to keep them out. Inglewood,CA's boards wouldn't let Wal-mart in, so Wal-mark tried to sneak around the zoneing and got the issue in front of Inglewood voters. Who voted them down! YEAH!

I shop at Target and Cost Co. Huge fan of Cost Co, for all the reasons laid out in this story...

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Business/story?id=1362779

#113012 December 19th, 2005 at 05:47 AM
I saw that 20/20 show, Mich and was also very impressed with COSTCO. thumbup

WalMart had a huge fight when they came here - the biggest being the right to sell firearms. They wore the town down and threatened a huge lawsuit, and eventually the town gave in before it went to court. :p

#113013 December 19th, 2005 at 05:51 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Noramlly I pay less then what Wal-Mart charges we have sevearl store backed by chains they are giving them a good run. Our 99 cent stores are getting in produce that is 99 cents and as good if not better then Wal-Marts. Also Minyard has discount stores called Sav a Lot which is just as cheap on most items as them. Yes I will drive across town to not sho at Wal-Mart I retired from thier Mail Service Pharmacy which pays a decent wage. But stil you have to do thier stupid dance which I never would do. I have never been to a Costco they don't have one close that I know of.
Jimmy

#113014 December 19th, 2005 at 05:52 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I too shop at Costco. Great place. Unfortunatley only in the west I think?? Not sure of that tho. And I know several poeple who work there and love working there. I don't know anybody who works at Walmart and doesn't hate it. To me it is a quality versus quanity sort of issue. I go for quality as much as possible.

#113015 December 19th, 2005 at 06:07 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Me too because when I buy at wal-mart it doesn't last more than a few months at most. And quality assurance? nada.

#113016 December 19th, 2005 at 06:23 AM
well,

i wont be going at wally world for a while since yesterday i was there;fell and broke my arm. frown :p mad sca

broken franny.

#113017 December 19th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
You BROKE your arm???? Oh my goodness Francine, how did you manage that.

#113018 December 19th, 2005 at 06:37 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Duh

#113019 December 19th, 2005 at 06:48 AM
we were waiting at the cash,keith was in front of me;i sliped into some stuff,same color as the floor i think twas some kind of liquid soap someone had spilled,they just put a 2x2 tiny little caution thing,but the spill we noticed later must ve been a good 4x5ish.

keith turned aroud upon hearing that big thump and saw me on the floor,all my left side was full of soapy white stuff,coat and all,all black.he was livi,reason or another he don t like when i ve got a booboo.they asked me if i wanted to report it,the only thing i wanted was to get out and home to an ice pack,later that day we finally reported it.at night i realise my arm didn tgo even to half to my face so i told meself it wasn t only muscle,twas still very much swollen so we went for some xr. where they tokd me it was broken,tomorrow i may have little surgery to look at the ligament and th ey l put it in a cast,meanwhile it s in a slign(that s why you are reading me so slowly,cuz one hand does right slowly laugh ).i slept a good part of the day as i m sedated.

but i tell myself,people s got worse injuries,so of course it s no fun but i won t die from it...oh ya forgot to tell you after xr. yest. we went to my parent,i triped and fell in the snow on top of it all.

thanks.

#113020 December 19th, 2005 at 06:50 AM
Oh how awful Francine. Sounds like you ended up hitting it really badly for there to be such damage. Will be praying that the Dr's are able to fix it quickly and that you can stay out of pain.

#113021 December 19th, 2005 at 06:52 AM
Franny, I added this to another thread so you would not have to retype it all.

#113022 December 19th, 2005 at 07:09 AM
thanks very much,i ll be back after a nap,i ve taken my med.and i feel like i can read the future now sooo good night for now and thkx again. wink wavey

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard