This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#112446 October 5th, 2005 at 10:54 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm still trying to find a nice farm family that needs a live in cook. Will cook for room and board and a good sized space in the garden lol. That's my idea of heaven. I'll even pay for my own direct tv, internet, and telephone connection lol. I don't think a person could ask better than that could they?

I grew up in big cities and like it small where everyone knows everyone and has time to chat. And where there is time to appreciate all the stages a flower goes through. But then I'm older so maybe it has something to do with that.

#112447 October 6th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
Boy you are not kidding about everyone knowing everything. Everytime I am outside, everyone comments about the yard and how good its looking, but then again I think anything done to it would have been good, lol grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn
Malinda

#112448 October 6th, 2005 at 12:28 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Keep at it you are doing terrific.

#112449 October 6th, 2005 at 09:01 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
There is some kind of root system underneath the entire garden I am working. I'm not sure what all it is attached to. Sometimes I grab one and it is part of the drawf evergreen system and then I have to rebury any root that is left which usually isn't to much. I hack it up pretty good. Fortunately unless it is a really small one they usually survive. So far there are seven of the dwarfs that are in the part of the weed patch that I have reclaimed. The biggest one is the one that is pruned into a ball shape and really looks the part. I think it is so cute.

The other roots I haven't identified yet but I'm sure some of them belong to the mimosa trees that are invading my area. I hate those things and they are taking over. Well I need to move on to the next topic I have some flowers that need to go to the principles office.

#112450 October 7th, 2005 at 11:35 AM
Today I was going to plant bulbs, but next to one of our Black Magic Elephant Ears I notice these two egg shaped (white) things, I thought they were snake eggs, I scooped them up with a shovel and laid them on the carport edge waiting for dh to get home. I quickly grabbed my gardening things and dashed in for the house. I DONT like snakes -- frown frown frown When he got home he though the same thing. Then he touched it and it was squishy, he opened one with a knife and we still dont know what the heck it was -- wasnt a snake, but I have never seen anything like that. Now I am wondering, was it some type of extension of the EE? Oh well, If that happens again, I will know next time. Duh
Malinda

#112451 October 7th, 2005 at 11:55 AM
Well, Tamara I did get some bulbs - some of the dark, dark purple (almost black) kind too. I know it isn't time to put them in.

We've had a few days of heat again (humid too). But that's over - cool tonight, supposed to rain and rain for Friday too. Then thanksgiving (Canadian) will be cool.

Yes - it is nice to feel cool again - don't get carried away though - I can live without the snow.

#112452 October 8th, 2005 at 03:46 AM
Well tonight and tomorrow are suppose to be down to the 50's so I am going to move my hydrangeas where they need to be and hope that the cool weather with help with the move. I have the area ready to go grinnnn . This place is starting to look good with me clearing out areas for next year -- now if the flowers do as good, I will be one happy camper laugh laugh laugh

Malinda

#112453 October 9th, 2005 at 04:49 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
You are going to do fantastic I'm sure. I love gardening. It seems like for every 10 minutes I put into it I get 100 minutes of enjoyment or more. Can't ask for better than that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard