This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#112358 February 24th, 2005 at 07:59 PM
OP Offline
I get up every morning when hubby leaves and tie the tarp that covers the shed we keep our cars in back down so that the wind doesn't tear them up.
We went out this morning and as he backed his truck out I noticed all these wires on the ground. I ran out waving them at him and he rolled the window down and said I don't have any brakes.

Someone came up in the nite while we were alseep and cut the brakes and back up lights on his truck. So (at 29 degrees out side this morning) I had to stand out with the police while they filed a report.

he thinks it's some people from work, he's not been getting along well with a couple guys from work.

So all morning I had to call the insurance company, the police and him, and get everything filed and reported and ready to get it fixed.

all I can say is they have their nerve. everyone up and down the road here has been stepping out at nite shooting at some stray dogs that have been into everyones trash. Could have gotten a butt full of lead, too bad they didn't for their little deed.

#112359 February 24th, 2005 at 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh belinda, i am so sorry that happened to you! hopefully they will figure out who to prosecute!

take care, and i'm praying for you too!

#112360 February 24th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is absolutely terrible, that someone would do something like that......I'd be fuming mad.... mad I hope that they can find out who did it....a lot of the time things that happen at night with no witnesses never get solved though......Keep us updated. kissies

#112361 February 24th, 2005 at 08:47 PM
OP Offline
if we can find out who we can get them for traspassing too.

I'm just glad he noticed something was wrong before he left the yard.
I guess he's lucky they didn't slash a tire, he just put new tires on it about a month ago.

#112362 February 24th, 2005 at 08:53 PM
OP Offline
they cut a wire around behind the shed, if you just look at it it looks like it might be a light for the shed, but it was never hooked to anything, I couldn't believe they cut that too. It was pretty much just a rolled up piece of wire
I pulled my motion beeper up today. so it'll be on tonite and the police ask about the security lite. it's on a switch and alot of times if the dog goes out after dark I'll turn it off. So it was off too.

#112363 February 24th, 2005 at 09:00 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I would be checkin finger prints, calling the crime hotline,sending out the dogs, getting the forensic lab in and calling in the psychic crime solvers...and then get Nancy Grace to prosicute!!!!! Hhmmmm...I think I have been watching to much court T.V. But, I sure would be ticked...hope you catch Belinda!

#112364 February 24th, 2005 at 09:03 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
oops!!!that should be "them Belinda"...I was still fumin for you!
Reminded me of a friend who has a sign posted on his fence that says...

Trespassers will be shot....
Survivers will be prosicuted!!!!

I love it!!!!

#112365 February 24th, 2005 at 11:03 PM
OP Offline
I got up no traspassing signs everywhere.

the police said no hope for much since we didn't actually catch them and it's not a murder. frown

#112366 February 25th, 2005 at 03:50 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
it MIGHT be a murder!!! lala

#112367 February 25th, 2005 at 05:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belinda, thank God you and hubby are all right! Cutting someone's brakes isn't something you would think of happening anywhere other than TV. frown I hope the police catch and prosecute the guys who did it!

#112368 February 25th, 2005 at 09:07 AM
Duh
the thing is, with people who would do something like that, they eventually brag to somebody what they did; then maybe you will hear who did it.

#112369 February 25th, 2005 at 02:27 PM
I believe I would keep some buckshot handy in case those "stray mutts" return! Would've been easy to figure out who cut the brake lines if they had had to go to the emergency room to have the shot picked out of their butts. dev

Good luck on figuring out who the culprits are and I hope that you and your hubby check out your vehicles very carefully before driving from now on. Sounds like these people don't care if someone gets seriously hurt or not.

Dianna

#112370 February 25th, 2005 at 04:48 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Oh that scares the living daylights out of me.....my garage is wide open....I thought it was scary enough when someone stole a couple of no~good TV's out of mine.(would of had to pay $50.00 to dispose of them so they did me a favor anyway). Just the thought of someone sooo close invading MY space. I can't even fathom how scared I would be if they did all that to my vehicle. Sure hope they catch the idiot(s)!
he thinks it's some people from work, he's not been getting along well with a couple guys from work.
Did the guys he was having trouble with at work have any different looks upon their faces when he went to work the next day??? Did the police question any of them????

I would be setting up bells,whistles, sirens all over my yard to wake me up. Did you alert your neighbors to be on the look out?
Catlover

#112371 February 25th, 2005 at 05:38 PM
Meg Offline
Belinda, I'm so sorry. I'm very glad that you were able to discover it quickly, before he got on the road & much worse could have happened.

A year ago, over New Year's weekend.. someone went in my little purple car (that I used to not bother locking..) and stole the stereo we'd just put in it about a month or so prior. It wasn't a great stereo, just a cheap $100 walmart one, because the old one was broken. Well, when the bleep bleep bleeps stole it, they ruined my dash, they totally busted it up, and they cut the wires (which they didn't need to do.. they all had plugs!!), so now, I can't get a radio again, unless we get a dash & then there's the fact that the wires for the connect are too short now to connect with new wires. GRRRRR. They even had the nerve to leave thier snack's wrappers in my car. After that, we put in a motion light on our deck that shines towards the cars. Cats set it off often, but hey, I don't care. If it startles someone away, all the better to me.

Meg

#112372 February 25th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
OP Offline
I feel terrible today not enough sleep for one think and I think I'm trying to take the flu. :rolleyes:

Ashley and I camped out last nite under the dinning room table. Duh

this week end we go get stuff to make doors for the shed so we can get some sleep. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard