This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#112272 March 16th, 2005 at 04:26 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I'm new at the vertical growing but started anyway on my own,hoping someone reg here might have some experience with this type of growing
I plan to grow cantaloupes and sling them and also gourds except the bushel type and pole beans and cukes. any ideas would do!

#112273 March 17th, 2005 at 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
momma did it by accident one year and it worked great. some how, (we lived in the country, so it wasn't hard) some cantelope seeds dropped into the flower bed by the front door. well, lo & behold, a nice size vine crawled its way up the door frame and next thing we knew, we had fruit! she used cup hooks screwed into the frame with onion bags to hold the fruit and it worked! i am going to try some again this year myself...

#112274 March 17th, 2005 at 04:09 PM
My fiance' and I put up a four foot high section of fence along our row of cantaloupe and trained them to go up instead of sprawling out on the ground. When the fruit started getting larger, I took a piece of pantyhose and tied it to the fence, made a sling out of it, and rested the melon inside. Worked great for us. I think we will probably do our cucumbers that way, too, this year.

Dianna

Link Copied to Clipboard