This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111860 May 22nd, 2005 at 05:09 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Last year I bought an interesting little flower at Wally World. All the tag said was Mexican Petunia...well, it had the prettiest purple flowers..(that don't resemble a petunia) and...then the white flies hit. Well, I wasn't to concerned because I knew I would have to replace it this year. BUT...a couple of weeks ago we spotted something coming up in that pot...There is no way that baby could have made it throught the winter in that pot...so I just thought it was a "weed" sprouting up. But, for some reason, I didn't pull it up, and not remembering what the leaves on the plant looked like..I was still firm on the "weed" theroy. Well, last week hubby says...."am I going to have to call Cindy Lu and tell her you have a weed growing in that pot!"...NOW...the thing is covered with buds and one bloomed this morning...YEP...the Mexican Petunia...100 times prettier than last year...must be a hardy lil buger!...So hubby says..." have you told Cindy Lu that it wasn't a weed?"...and then last night as I was SLAVING in the front flower bed...dog drenched in sweat, compost and cedar mulch...hubby says..."I'm going to have to sneak the camera out here and get a pic of you like THIS to send to Cindy Lu"...

CINDY....are you fixin to break out a pic of you & hubby like you did of you & G~DAD??? Anything I need to know here......??? grinnnn

#111861 May 22nd, 2005 at 05:19 AM
wow that's fantastic vanessa! I love to find suprises in the garden! flw flw

#111862 May 22nd, 2005 at 05:42 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
CINDY....are you fixin to break out a pic of you & hubby like you did of you & G~DAD??? Anything I need to know here......???
Yeah...I hope he doesn't talk in his sleep! laugh laugh laugh

#111863 May 22nd, 2005 at 05:43 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
P.S. I'm PMing you a picture of me to show hubby!
lala

#111864 May 22nd, 2005 at 06:24 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
shk wink laugh laugh laugh laugh

#111865 May 22nd, 2005 at 06:29 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
shk yep, his life insurance is paid up...that's going to scare him to death!!!!!!!

#111866 May 23rd, 2005 at 11:08 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa...
Is Hubby still alive??? Duh

laugh

Cindy Sue

#111867 May 23rd, 2005 at 11:14 PM
eek eek shk
P.S. I'm PMing you a picture of me to show hubby
cindy lou hoo tim bob joe jim tim kim
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! TELL ME YOU DIDN'T SEND THAT PIC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#111868 May 23rd, 2005 at 11:16 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
grinnnn

#111869 May 23rd, 2005 at 11:21 PM
oh my sca
so iis vanessa's hubby o.k.? do we need the "paddles"? laugh laugh

#111870 May 23rd, 2005 at 11:29 PM
So I guess that means that there is hope for my Mexican petunias? I have got to go out back and check and see if I see any green now. Mine "died", too, and I hope (crossing my fingers) that they will be coming back to life.
-------------------------------------------------
Vanessa...
Is Hubby still alive??? Duh

laugh

Cindy Sue
-------------------------------------------------

Cindy, I hope you aren't trying to kill off all the husband's on this board. I just got mine and would like to keep him around for awhile. laugh

Dianna

#111871 May 24th, 2005 at 03:55 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
cindy lou hoo tim bob joe jim tim kim
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! TELL ME YOU DIDN'T SEND THAT PIC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WELL....I just have to tell you that...WELL, I just didn't have the nerve to show him the pic! He is in a fragile state right now after the back surgery and all...and ...well..Cindy Jo-Faye-Lu-Marie...I don't NEED any compition!!!! He might think she be lookin good after shk livin with me all of these years! (..he is from ARKANSAS ya know!!!)

The Mexican Petunia is blooming away now..(just thought I wouldn't get off the subject here and get in TROUBLE!!!!)

#111872 May 24th, 2005 at 04:54 AM
I cool Ruellia.
I have some pink chi chi it gets about 2 -2 1/2 feet tall.My plant itself is not in bloom yet.....but I seem to have had some seeds fall loose when makeing pond larger and have one stem up and blooming in amoung a few zinnia I did not plant at that spot either.
I have some ruellia katy thats white& hearis a blue flowered one.that grows like a ground cover,but have not found here in Tx.They are considered a native plant in TX.I can say from expierience that the blooms are light related.barely bloomed in shade.can handle a light frost and stay evergreen,but die back if a hard freeze hits them(zone 7),but are pretty hardy in zone 8& 9.can grow from stem cuttings also if soil kept moist& grows easy from seed.Katie type not as invasive as chi chi.I cut chi chi back by half when flowering slows and will re bloom for fall and is fuller.Drought tolerant....but does better with regular irrigation,it will flower more with a phrophus fertilizer.and the butterflys love it!

Link Copied to Clipboard