This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
JONNNNNNN!!
Good to see you got my PM...
I edited your post so that if anyone asks you
a question, you can get back to them on it...

I hope you end up getting some cards from the people here..
I think that would be so much fun
for you guys..
and hope it adds a wee~bit of levity for you,
during your time/tour over there...

And **Franny,
try getting your hand on the bears and have them sign for Chip and send him...woooww he d loove it,i don t garanty anything but i ll do my gdm best to look out for them.
Don't go frettin' on that end for that..
believe it or not, we got that part covered quite
nicely I believe... wink wink kissies

J
Jon Offline
J
Hi

J
Jon Offline
J
Having a bit of trouble here - computer glitch - sorry for the double posting of simply "hi".

Triss - units vary in size from a couple of handfuls of soldiers to a couple of hundred, and more. Generally soldiers share goodies when they come in - - and the amount they receive is never really at issue.

There was one set of cookies my mom sent though, that after I called home to say I had received them and she asked "how are the rum balls - the rum is not cooked in them?" I had to make them disappear from general consumption - - big "no no" having any type of alcohol here - - and could not chance anyone getting in trouble - - so mom knows that now Duh

Generally speaking if a soldier gets a package it will simply be shared in his "section" (shop, office, squad room, etc.) and that pulls the numbers down to perhaps top out at 10.

Weezie - - you are a "Doll" I'm gonna have to make a trip back east after I get home - - take the wife on a little trip and meet you and hopefully others on this list.

Jon

Thanks for the information Jon.

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
My dad being retired military when I went off to boot camp sent 52 pounds of cookies and candy. Homemade. It took the extended family all weekend to cook and package it all up. The were shared by 250 young women and no one was left out. The parents packed them in lined paint cans. It must have taken dad most of the weekend just to clean up those cans lol. It's a memory I will never forget.

Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Up to the top...

Anyone still interested,
Please send one..
He'd be very grateful...

*also don't forget our own member "JON"
he's over there and Patti's Thor too!!!!

Thanx for bringing this topic up to the front again, Weezie. With "Only 12 days 11 hours and 57 minutes left until Santa comes", the guys won't get Christmas cards in time, but they'll STILL appreciate mail from home! Even a "thinking of you" card would probably make their day (ANY DAY OF THE YEAR)!

I just got an e-mail with an attached photo from Thor's Dad, & thought I'd share it with you all.
Dec 11 2005 [Linked Image]

He sent the following note:
Thor is on the top row with the sunglasses. If you look closely you can see that his fingers are signing a "W", representing Wyoming.
12/11/05 [Linked Image]

As I said on page 1 of this topic, Thor is with a Medical Evacuation unit of the Air National Guard, presently posted near Baghdad. In his late 20's, he married just last year & makes his home in Cheyenne, Wyoming. His Father is a former Army Chaplain/Lutheran Pastor, now retired, also living in Cheyenne.

For anyone wishing to drop a "Thinking of you" card to Thor (or to his unit, to pass around) send mail to:

Thor F. Rasmussen, TSGT
332 AEW/379EAES
APO AE 09315-9997

Thanx for supporting our troops thumbup

Patty,

Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. It is great to put a face to the card that went out.

J
Jon Offline
J
Just a note to say hi

2 days to the elections over here. 10 days after that - Christmas.

Keep the soldiers in prayers - combat loss continues and seems to hurt even more the closer we get to the Lord's day - and the closer these particular units get to rotating out. Some of the men and women have gone almost a year - they are so close to tasting home - only to be robbed of it or to see their friends robbed of it.

On the other hand - - with the elections - these men and women can take pride in getting something done for the vast majority over here - - and the vast majority are very appreciative.

Jon

J
Jon Offline
J
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

My day was really made today - - I cannot begin to say how much it impacted me to get a couple of cards. When I was first told that I had mail - I was thinking, ok, Wendy (an email-pal from Lockheed Martin - LM has a project whereby they adopted an entire task force to write to and do other support things) - but then I saw the return addresses and thought "now who could these be?"

You really made my day. I cannot thank you enough for this simple thought and gesture. You all know who you are (more than one person) and I want you to know what it meant.

Believe it or not - it meant more than gifts I've gotten from home - because you did not have to do this - thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard