This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111642 January 29th, 2005 at 05:04 AM
I
OP Offline
I
how's winter treating you? we have had a few good snow storms, the last one just blew black dirt all over everything yuck!! sorta have the january blahs.. dreaming of summer

[Linked Image]

#111643 February 8th, 2005 at 08:29 PM
I'm finally getting a chance to get back on here. Haven't had a chance to catch up on any of the other topics. My new job is keeping me really busy. I started on Feb. 1 and I love it. The guys I work with are wonderful. There's none of the stress and tension that I had at my other job so I'm finally enjoying work again.
The end of January we spent a week in Cancun and had a wonderful, warm time. We were further south in the Mayan Riviera area and it was beautiful. flowers and palm trees everywhere! It was tough leaving the 80 degree temps to come home to the cold. Last week though we did have some days in the upper 50's and 60's. My new job is in a construction trailer and I had the doors and windows open and I enjoyed the heck out of the fresh air.
Got to run. I will try to keep caught up a little better but with so much to learn, I might not be on here much!

#111644 March 3rd, 2005 at 06:04 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Iowa and Sporty,
how's winter treating you?
It's treatin' us like a snow cone!!!! wink laugh

Where you two go???
Shovelin' like this site of the lakes???

Hope you're fairing better...

**Hey Sporty,
How's the new job going along?????

Weezie

#111645 March 7th, 2005 at 08:11 PM
I finally have a minute to get on here! My new job is keeping me really busy but I love it. I have time to get on the net a couple of times a day to check my e-mail and that's about it.

We've had wonderful weather. The last 3 days were in the upper 60/70's and it was outside as much as housework would allow. I have a couple of tulips coming up but they are in a spot where they don't get as much sun this time of the year so they're a little slow. I did some yardwork and just hung out with my animals. I have a couple of cats getting pretty thick around the middle so I'm sure my pet population will be expanding again soon. I love babies!

Today is cold and windy with snow forecasted 3 different days this week. spring is a bright light at the end of the tunnel though and I can't wait for green grass, buds on the trees and the flowers! Wish I would have been on the ball last fall and have gotten some bulbs in.

I miss all of you and will check on here as often as I can!

#111646 March 10th, 2005 at 03:12 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Just droppin' by to say "Hi Sporty and Iowa"

Is it spring yet???
Not yet over here!!! Duh

Weezie

#111647 March 10th, 2005 at 05:17 PM
spring feels so far away for us today. It's 40 degrees out but we have wind gusts up to 60 mph so it's pretty miserable out there. Thank God for inside jobs on days like this.
I only have 1 tulip bulb starting to come up. I can't wait for the blooms!
Where in the heck is Iowa? I know things are pretty busy at our farm with calving going on. I'm sure she's busy on her farm helping her hub!

#111648 March 10th, 2005 at 05:23 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
It was -10*'s wind chill factor the last
couple of days..Brrrrrrrrrrr sca rrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
And snowing a wee~bit still, but I am glad it snows now and not maybe in April when I'm realllly chommpin' at the bit to get to diggin' and siftin'!!!! Let it get all the snow storms out of it's system for winter...

Where in the heck is Iowa?
I think she went missin' this time of year last year too... Hybernatin'!!!!
I should be cleaning and getting stuff ready for a garage sale, but it's just too cold outside to get to moving stuff around...

How's the new job??

Weezie

#111649 March 14th, 2005 at 05:42 PM
New job is wonderful! Very busy though. A lot different than my last job. I think I searched everything on the net there, twice. Busy is much better. Weather isn't that impressive though. It was 10 degress this am. February was way warmer than March has been so far. The robins that have been showing up have probably been wondering why in the heck they're here in the cold, godforsaken place!

#111650 May 3rd, 2005 at 04:43 PM
I finally have a few minutes to get on here. I have really missed getting on the Forum every day. New job keeps me way too busy and my puter at home is way too slow. Has Iowa been heard from? I've been trying to read some of the posts but since I haven't been on here for a couple of months, I don't even know where to begin!
We have been extremely cold here in South Dakota. Sunday (May 1st) we had snow, sleet, hail, wind....you name it, we had it except for sun. It's been freezing about every night for the last 2 weeks. Last night it got down to 20. My plants are looking pretty bad. What we did get on the 1st though didn't amount to any moisture which we badly need. 20 miles south of us they've had more than enough but we can't seem to get any. Hub is getting pretty bummed. He's started planting corn. Maybe the rain is waithing for him to get his crops in! Wouldn't that be perfect. My next projects in my yard are to have about 20 dead trees cut down (I have a huge yard) and plant new ones to replace them. I have some balloon flowers to plant. Hopefully I won't kill these off like I did last fall. Grrrr.
Got to get back to work again. Miss everybody and I hope to get on here a little more often. I might be needing lots of advice for my new trees!

#111651 May 3rd, 2005 at 07:51 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hi HD wavey
Been a long time! I haven't seen Iowa for A LONG TIME. Have you tried PMing her...if she has it set up she will get an email notification.

My aunt lives in Southern Iowa and she stated it's been cold there the last 2 weeks...numerous freezes (31 degrees) and frosts. Not good for some of those veggies they just planted. muggs

Have a great day! Catlover kit

#111652 May 3rd, 2005 at 11:47 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Sporty!!!
I too was wondering about you two...
I have PM'd Iowa, but our email notifications
haven't been working, I dont' think, I haven't gotten any, and I have just about everyone clicked.

Anyways, I remember last year she disappeared for a couple of months, right after Christmas and had a bunch of stuff to do for spring clean up and planting etc...I'm hopin' and expectin' a visit soon! Miss her too!!!

Well work sounds very busy.... gotta sneak on here a wee~bit more though...

#111653 May 3rd, 2005 at 11:51 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Sporty!!!
I too was wondering about you two...
I have PM'd Iowa, but our email notifications
haven't been working, I dont' think, I haven't gotten any, and I have just about everyone clicked.

Anyways, I remember last year she disappeared for a couple of months, right after Christmas and had a bunch of stuff to do for spring clean up and planting etc...I'm hopin' and expectin' a visit soon! Miss her too!!!

Well work sounds very busy.... gotta sneak on here a wee~bit more though...

I know what you mean when you miss a bit of time,
there's ton's of posts, and you don't know where to start, my goodness, I missed a couple of days ago with an Adelphia break~down and then a router going "South" and I'm behhhhhhhhhhhind!!!!!
***That's why you gotta sneak in here a wee~bit more wink ***

Your weather is EXACTLY what we've been getting,
it snowed today, believe it or not, nothing stuck to the ground or anything, but it's the point that it's MAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! eek eek eek
But the weather report was promising for the end of this week.......sooooooooooo, I'm hopeful.....

Keep us posted on the ballon flowers..

and the new lawn and new trees...

Weezie

#111654 May 4th, 2005 at 04:02 PM
I've made it on 2 days in a row! I got to read a few of the topics. Good thing I'm the only one in the office because I was laughing like crazy at some of them. Poor Cindy and her rat poop! eek There's some many people here that are new! I've definitely got to keep in touch.

We're expecting some 70 degree days so maybe I can do some stuff in my garden. I have a garden here at my work (I'm working in a construction trailer about 3 miles out of a little town) so I'm going to try my hand at a veggie garden. The most that I've ever planted before has been tomatoes, cucumbers and radishes. So far we have potatoes, onions and radishes in. We'll be planting peppers, toms and a few other things when the weather gets nicer. I work with 7 guys and they're all helping me out (mostly with advice!). I'm pretty excited and so is my husband since the garden won't be at our farm. I'm also putting in a few flowers since I look out the back window of our construction trailer and can see the garden. I'm also putting a big pot of flowers next to the door. This new job is so wonderful. I wanted to put out a pot of flowers at my last job and the boss siad that it would waste too much time watering it each day! Hello! I'm always at least 10 minutes early for work anyway so what the heck! I hated that job anyways so I didn't get too exciting about sprucing it up!
My nephew is moving home from college this Friday and coming with him will be his 2 sugar glider squirrels. They're going to be so much fun to have around! He's making one of the spare rooms into their room. They should really like it since I have 2 Christmas trees in there! (I don't disassemble them after the holidays, just shove them in a back room in the basement!). He is also going to help me cut down the dead trees and get the new ones established. Hub is too busy in the field now to be much help.
Ok, I think I've rambled enough now! I'm just so excited to be back on here.

#111655 May 4th, 2005 at 04:31 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sporty,
2 sugar glider squirrels
One of our members here, JV has a Sugar Glider too!
He's got a picture of his on his "signature button" under his name...

Those things are kinda cute...

Weezie

#111656 May 6th, 2005 at 04:13 PM
I will have to check out TK's button to see his sugar glider. I haven't seen my nephew's yet but I hear they are really cute and fun to mess around with.
We got .20" of rain yesterday afternoon!! thumbup It's the 1st we've gotten in over a month so we're pretty happy. They keep predicting it for us but it goes south of us every single time. My grass is not green at all so this should help. Hub has a little bit of seed in the ground so he's pretty happy. It's not much but it's definitely better than nothing. We maybe got a total of 6" of snow all winter long so moisture is in our prayers daily.
I'm stopping at the garden center after work tonight to get a few things to put in the ground over the weekend. I'm not going to get too carried away yet though since just a couple of nights ago it got down to 17! I have a poker run that I'm going on tomorrow and spending Sunday with my mom so I won't have much spare time to play in the dirt.
Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

Link Copied to Clipboard