This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11103 October 4th, 2003 at 03:49 PM
OP Offline
For many years I have brought my tuberous begonias into the house and wintered them in the sunporch. The plants kind of disappear but I water them about once a month and in the spring they reappear.
This year I would like to dig up the corms and store them out of the pots. I have too many of them and the geraniums that I bring in and have run out of room for all those pots.
Has anyone here dug them up to keep them? How did you store them? How successful was the process?
Don't want to lose them after all these years. Thanks in advance for your help. flw flw

#11104 October 4th, 2003 at 04:45 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Carol,
This is a quick answer, have to go out side,
but I bring mine in like you said you do,
but I just throw them in my basement, no watering
until spring, plant dissappears as you said, and re~emerges in spring. But I dont' pull them out of the pot.

I have heard, and just came acrossed an article about "hanging" the gerianiums, have you heard of that???
Pull them out of the dirt, hang them up side down.
supposedly my grandmother did this, and my mother remembers her doing it, I said I've never read anything about it,
Just a couple of days ago I did find an article about that, I know I saved it, and Thanks for reminding the "The Drain~Brain" here about it!!
When I find it again, I"ll send it to you??
I found it,
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/gardening/garden/01700671.shtml
Weezie
P.S. How's your weather??
It's raining here!!

Link Copied to Clipboard