This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110261 November 15th, 2005 at 04:16 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well...actually after I started this I realized nutz I don't have the "before " pics developed yet! Couldn't get digital pic of the before because it was so dark in the room. AND...I wasn't gonna post these "after" pics till I was through with the room...but at the rate I am going... :rolleyes:
Anyway...please try to keep in mind that I have nothing to work with! I am having to mix left over paint from the other house...I don't have good brushed to work with...and I have no brain! I am having to work on crappy 50 year old panelling that is rotten and has holes everywhere! So...here is the "moon" and it has not been touched uo yet..(some pretty good boo boos) painting is NOT my specialty...
[Linked Image]
He has a big drip on the bottom curve I have to cover up and I think I am going to add some navy blue stars....tell me if you think it is to scary for him!

Here is his border ....
[Linked Image]
The colors are actually much brighter than this...the trim is done in yellow (but it isn't up yet)! I wanted to do a sun on this side of the wall...but it ended up looking like a sea creature of some kind so I have kiltzed over it...don't know if I will get brave enough to try again!

#110262 November 15th, 2005 at 04:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's looking really good thumbup

I really love the wallpaper border...all those big trucks...any boy would love that!

*Missy just peeked over my shoulder and said...ooooh,that's PRETTY thumbup *

#110263 November 15th, 2005 at 04:26 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I'm not really happy with the moon wall...the area where it is is kind of an alcove for his bed...kind of sunk in. So...I wanted it to be a "nighty night" area..that is why it is a different color.
The area with the border is the "daytime play" area...that is why it is much brighter...and why I wanted to do a sun on that wall. His therapist said I should do "pictures" to help him know what he is suppose to do...

I need Cindy Van Goat here REALLY BAD!!!!

~V~

#110264 November 15th, 2005 at 04:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the idea of seperate "play" and "nighty-night" areas.

Is he sleeping in there yet?

#110265 November 15th, 2005 at 05:21 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's pretty darn nice lookin' moon there,
"Van 'essa Gogh"!!! thumbup grinnnn cool
Good job..
What has P~nut said about it???

#110266 November 15th, 2005 at 05:50 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
he hasn't seen it. He isn't sleeping there because I have to fix the floor where it is rotted out first.
I think I might have like it better if he were a different color...just to harsh looking or something...I'm going to go cover him up.

#110267 November 15th, 2005 at 06:28 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I love sky blue and bright yellow..
with white...

or the pastels.. but he's a big boy now,
seems I'd start with the primary colors...

#110268 November 15th, 2005 at 09:00 AM
V Gogh, that's AWESOME !!!!! thumbup

It looks like my kids' comforter thumbup

#110269 November 15th, 2005 at 09:03 AM
"He has a big drip on the bottom curve I have to cover up "

Do you think Peanut is gonna see that drip, leave it alone , it's beautiful!

#110270 November 15th, 2005 at 09:31 AM
It looks great!! I love that border. You are quite the arteeeest.

#110271 November 15th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
V Gogh, that's AWESOME !!!!!
Well...most of the reviews have been to change the color (which I knew...but was trying to work with what I had!) or axe the moon completely! So...I'm gonna cover him up and maybe try to re~do in greys & blues when I can! I just so wanted it to be done all at the same time!

#110272 November 15th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I say leave him...it doesn't have to be perfect, or even "right" in our eyes to touch his heart.

About two years ago, I painted both of my sisiers rooms, one with words written in caulk, then outlined in gold and suns, the other with daisies and bugs and stuff...I hated them. I offered to paint them again this past month, thinking they would want something "better" or more grown up, and they flat-out refused. They both love their room. So, even though some (including you) may not like it, he very well may...just the way it is! grinnnn

I have pics, somewhere, if you would like an idea for a sun...

#110273 November 15th, 2005 at 10:05 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I have pics, somewhere, if you would like an idea for a sun...
I would love some...I have one that I really like...but just couldn't get it to look right! I love that idea of writing with caulk...you would think as much as I use caulk I would ahve thought of something like that! My brain is just fried!

#110274 November 15th, 2005 at 11:44 AM
Vanessa, for the sun consider this: you can start with a true circle. Then, instead of making wavey radiant beams giving you that sea creature look, make them shaped like elongated triangles with straight edges. If you did four wider ones evenly spaced, you could go in-between with thinner ones and perhaps a third set of even thinner ones than that, varying the length of each width of triangle. See what I mean?

You are doing great so far, so please don't be discouraged if the results aren't exactly as you envisioned at first. I think any kid would be pleased with what you've accomplished, so try not to look at it with adult eyes, you know?

When Maxi was quite small I wanted to do a big Springtime/Easter mural on the living room wall for him as it was completely bare. But I didn't want it to be permanent. So I did the entire thing out of construction paper and it turned out wonderfully! The bunny standing on hind legs to smell the taller flowers, the tree with leaves just in bud, the rainbow arching across the sky and then breaking up into hearts and shamrocks which turned green as they fell into the pot of gold on the other side of the wall.

I hadn't thought before then that construction paper could look THAT good, and that was my surprise.

The creativity in you will inspire you to dream up just the right touches for his room. I have every confidence in you, my friend.

Merme

#110275 November 15th, 2005 at 12:49 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
This is what I did for the sun's and the words... [Linked Image]

I also have the sun i used to trace these, if you would like me to email it to you...

#110276 November 15th, 2005 at 12:55 PM
Barleychown ~ How NICE that is!

Aren't you the very clever one. Oh, I'm impressed.

thumbup thumbup

Merme

#110277 November 15th, 2005 at 12:57 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Thank you for the kind complement...now, if I was to ever want the words back OFF the wall, do you have any ideas? Remember, they are written in caulk.

I didn't even consider this until after the fact! laugh laugh laugh

#110278 November 15th, 2005 at 01:34 PM
I'm guessing they'd have to be sanded off with an electric sander....

Merme

#110279 November 15th, 2005 at 08:13 PM
Vanessa - I didn't see any boo-boos and I doubt Peanut will either. I like the color contrast.

#110280 November 15th, 2005 at 08:49 PM
That is soooo creative, Vanessa. Peanut is lucky to have you, in more ways than one...

Dianna

#110281 November 15th, 2005 at 09:19 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Leave the moon alone thumbup it looks great. laugh Love the construction scene of course I spent my lofe on the back of Dozer's and blades as well as driving trucks. laugh
Jimmy

Link Copied to Clipboard