This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109806 October 16th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
OP Offline
gotcha Jiffy!

My first highlight today was getting seeds in the mail from Jiffy -
thanks so much!!! kissies

Second, was that when the car place called with the quote to fix the brakes on our son's car, it was 1/2 of what he was quoted where he lives up by the college he just graduated from! That was very do-able!

#109807 October 16th, 2005 at 12:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies great highlights lynne. glad you got the seeds.

my second highlight was seeing how fast you posted this! thank you. this has become one of my favorite features.

#109808 October 16th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My first highlight of the day was riding out to my farm...and then Brennan Tate showed up! grinnnn

I brought Brennan home with me and there was an envelope in the mailbox from The JiffMaster! grinnnn

Cindy

#109809 October 16th, 2005 at 03:04 AM
Sounds like you're having a Great day thumbup

Um, my highlight???? , ..........Let's see , I had to get up for work @ 4am, work with 200 teenagers who think I'm their mother, drive about 12 of them around when my work shift was over, come home and have my visitation with my friends 2yo and the father who she has a restraining order on (I'm the "neutral" person , at least noone said I had to be the "sane" person) and now it's pouring rain and I guess this is the highlight, the gardening forum thumbup home alone hanging out with my forum friends, I think I may even crack a bottle of wine! muggs

#109810 October 16th, 2005 at 04:35 AM
OP Offline
Wow Mel... what do you do with 200 teenagers (my 1 drives me insane!) and why do they think that you are their mom?

A nice night home with your wine and sewing sounds like a plan to me! Though the dancing sounded fun in the other thread too! Whichever you end of doing, I hope you have a very enjoyable evening!

#109811 October 16th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
wink My teenager wanted to borrow my jeans tonight.

Ha Ha (pointing and laughing).....too tight.

#109812 October 16th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
why do they think that you are their mom?

I work in the kitchen at a boarding school, I'm their mother, teacher, cook, nurse, taxi driver, shrink etc. , and I have a ball doing it! They're a lot of fun.

I'm on my second (or third???) glass of wine , so I guess it's staying in for me!

#109813 October 16th, 2005 at 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
drink one for me?

#109814 October 16th, 2005 at 07:40 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My highlight of the week: Trent ,Wolfman,Gertrude and Heathcliff's Aunt Cindy sent them some Avicakes just got today. Thank you so much aunt afgreparrott . kissies
Jimmy and all the birds

My other Highlight of the week my Granddaughter Jolene and husband came by and gave me a helping hand in more ways then one.

#109815 October 16th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My teenager wanted to borrow my jeans tonight.

Ha Ha (pointing and laughing).....too tight.
Don't ya just LOVE that??? laugh thumbup

#109816 October 16th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one highlight of the day for me, and one i forgot to post for the kids on thursday...

mine: hubby, who has always liked baseball, and has done quite a bit of umpiring, got a phone call to umpire 2 semi-pro games today. his first in that level!

the kids: mat, my younger daughter's bf, was walking to the park in front of the library, when a man came up to him asking if there was a heavy set blond woman in the library. (there were 2 working at the time, but a total of 3 work there.). mat didn't answer him, but kinda kept an eye out. when kate got there to pick mat up, he told her to go in the library and tell the ladies while he kept an eye on the man.

when the police came, turns out the man was already barred from the library, and when he was frisked before being put in the police car, the found a brand new box cutter on him. mat & kate felt like hero's, but they didn't leave the library until the ladies had locked up and left for the night.

#109817 October 17th, 2005 at 12:04 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, man...that is freaky, Jiffy. angell

#109818 October 17th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, the funniest part was "call your mom, tell her about it, and TELL HER TO PUT IT ON HER WEBSITE!" laugh laugh and yeah, i bet they did. they were freaked out, so were the library ladies, and the good thing is the cop who came, we've known for years. he is a bit of a hard@$$ but, he told the ladies, "i see this guy around here again, i won't wait for a call, i'll just haul his butt off!" and since the library is next door to the police station, that isn't an idle threat!

#109819 October 19th, 2005 at 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, so i am talking to myself... but, my highlight today...

when i went to my lion's club meeting, i saw a man that makes me smile every time i see him. he is 80something, a long time (25+years) lion, and a holocaust survivor. and the reason he makes me smile so when i see him, is that besides being a very nice person (he & his wife both are), he is one of the most giving and friendly people i know. and, he only gets to get out for about 5 hours a day (he's on oxygen over night, and sometimes during the day, cause of his age and he only has one lung), but he always saves part of his "out time" for lion's club. what a giver kissies

#109820 October 19th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My highlight yesterday was...

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table. Duh

Andy came in later in the day and said it was to pay my credit card bill...and I could pay him back.
He's crazy! laugh [Linked Image] laugh
PAY HIM BACK? ? ? ? ? lala

Cindy Jo

#109821 October 19th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup what a highlight cindy!!! being here this morning is my highlight for now...

#109822 October 20th, 2005 at 05:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my highlight today? getting seeds from

kissies

loz!

#109823 October 20th, 2005 at 08:33 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table.

Andy came in later in the day and said it was to pay my credit card bill...and I could pay him back.
Hey Cindy, could you, um, thumbup

#109824 October 20th, 2005 at 08:46 AM
How about 2 hours without coughing?

That's my highlight!

#109825 October 20th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Originally posted by weezie13:

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table.

Hey Cindy, could you, um, grinnnn too
grinnnn

...and it was so weird....we were in the restaurant for an hour and my cell phone rang...it hasn't rang since I got the new one (after I ran over the other new one with the lawn mower.....again)...just went straight to voice mail...anyway, it was Rachel. She asked me if I was in Shiloh's Road House...and I said yes...and she said she was in the parking lot and saw my truck...she was right there in the restaurant eating supper that close to me for an hour and I didn't even know it! shk

C-Faye

#109826 October 20th, 2005 at 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh my... that would be scarey....

my new highlight was that i was more popular on the phone that the kids tonight. phone rang a total of 7 times, 3 were personal calls for me, 3 were kids, and one was hubby! clp i'm getting popular again!!!

#109827 October 20th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
O.K....I'm gonna call you right now, Jiffy! grinnnn

Just kidding!!!!! laugh

#109828 October 20th, 2005 at 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you could call! anytime between 7am and midnight. if you call earlier or later, i might talk, but won't remember the call (done that!!! laugh laugh )

highlight now? cindy threatening to call me too! thumbup call the house, the cell don't work when i am in the house.

#109829 October 21st, 2005 at 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i guess i have the highlight again today. got to go to my daughters and dig about 30 amaryllis bulbs out, and a bunch of elephant ears thumbup

#109830 October 21st, 2005 at 10:33 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Highlight yesterday...
My Charles G brug is opening up! grinnnn

It is covered with buds (those pod things) nutz and some of them started opening yesterday.

Cindy Sue

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard