This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109536 January 26th, 2005 at 09:15 PM
So maybe we cheat a bit with this recipe, but the "Snowman Soup" I make is basically mint flavored hot chocolate, made with either the white or the milk chocolate.

All you do is....open your preferred package of hot chocolate and prepare as directed. Drop in three (unwrapped, please!) Hershey's Kisses, some minimarshmellows, then stir with a Candy Cane.

It'll warm up any wintery soul, guaranteed.

Merme

#109537 January 28th, 2005 at 02:29 AM
Cindy, did I tell you I had the best spaghetti ever. I crushed up a fresh basil leaf in it. Wonder where that came from.

#109538 January 28th, 2005 at 05:00 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Got some leaves simmering in a pot of water on the stove right now.

That's my alternative to candles...
I can't use scented candles (or scented ANYTHING) because of Lola. (Toxic)

Cindy

#109539 January 28th, 2005 at 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't use scented candles (or scented ANYTHING) because of Lola. (Toxic)
I didn't know that...I use them around my parakeets ALL THE TIME! grinnnn

#109540 January 28th, 2005 at 06:01 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
The scent stuff in the candles is toxic. Not supposed to use any air fresheners of any kind in the house with a bird, and especially not that powder carpet cleaner you vacuum up. My ex-brother-in-law used some and his budgie died about 5 minutes after he used it. I took Lola to my dad's a few years ago in a car I'd recently bought that had some kind of air freshener on the dash. She started having seizures before we were a mile down the road, and came sooo close to dying.

Be careful!

Cindy

#109541 January 28th, 2005 at 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
grinnnn

#109542 January 28th, 2005 at 06:32 PM
yeah I have to watch what I do my carpets in because some if it makes my dog itch, so I guess too the have allergies just like we do.

#109543 January 28th, 2005 at 07:11 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I use all that stuff!
All I can say is, your parakeets must be some kind of Super Heros disguised as parakeets!

Hmmm....or maybe it has something to do with the old saying "What you don't know won't hurt you". nutz

#109544 January 28th, 2005 at 09:04 PM
Wow, maybe that's why I can't keep a budgie alive very long. I was so baffled why they just keel over and die. Ya learn something new everyday.

#109545 January 29th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Never mind the birds and dogs what about us!!!

#109546 January 29th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
what about us!!!
Well, I am enjoying a nice cuppa Jim Beam and Pepsi right now, trying to decide whether to go to bed or pack some more. Got about 2 hours of sleep last night. frown

I know I need to go to bed, but I have so much to do. :rolleyes:
At first, I had visions of getting rid of a lot of my "treasures" via yard sale. Packing that stuff in separate boxes with "Yard Sale" written on them with black magic marker....
NOT GONNA HAPPEN! laugh

At this point, I am throwing everything in boxes together...yesterday I dumped my sock drawer into a box that had CD's in it...and there was still room left for the blender, so it's in there, too.

Guess I'll have another cuppa JB and P, and pack some more. I think that box of towels and wash clothes has enough room left in it for the fax machine! lala

Cindy

#109547 January 29th, 2005 at 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What box are you gonna pack yourself in? grinnnn

#109548 January 29th, 2005 at 08:03 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I dumped my sock drawer into a box that had CD's in it...and there was still room left for the blender, so it's in there, too.
Wonder what that first blender drink will taste like!!! wink laugh :p laugh

Weezie

#109549 February 1st, 2005 at 04:34 AM
I need a travel agent. My daughter wants to get married in May at some resort that is all inclusive. Any ideas?

#109550 February 1st, 2005 at 02:08 PM
Meg Offline
Well, I *had* folgers in my cup, but now, I see it's barely a drop in there, and I need more! LOL.

So, I'm gonna go OT for a bit here.. (no, we don't ever do that, do we?! *gasp*)

Birds- shouldn't use anything scented around em. Also, be very wary of using non-stick pans. If they overheat (which can happen easily), their fumes can be toxic & instantly kill your birds. We can't even smell it. But thier tiny bodies pick up all kinds of things from the air that we don't, and that is why you have to be careful. (Lot's of do not's with birds, but it's hard to stop them all, all the time.) I never gave up my non-stick pans, and while I did once leave one on by accident that burned down to nothing left in the pot, my Sammy was ok. *whew* I once in a great while will vaccum with that stuff, but I try to not overdo it in his part of the house. I use candles occasionally, but again, not where he is most of the time. I try to be careful about the fumes in his area. My folks have lots of tiels tho, and they smoke like frieght trains, and you know that's gotta be bad for them. But, so far- just fine.

Ok, 'nuff birdy talk. I gotta get more coffee!
Meg

#109551 February 7th, 2005 at 03:12 PM
What I'd like to know is: Where Has Miss Bess Been Lately? Anyone seen hide or hair of the lass?

I've got Maxwell House Masterblend with some Half & Half in my huge cup this morning and I'm just sitting here wondering....

Duh

Merme

#109552 February 11th, 2005 at 08:55 PM
OP Offline
Whew! I'm here, but it's been odd getting here. thanks for looking for me, Merme! For some reason, I couldn't post from Internet Explorer. I'm on Netscape, now. We'll see if this posts.

Gotta start anew coffeehouse soon, eh Hostesses?

#109553 February 11th, 2005 at 09:03 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I can see you, I can see you!!!

Hope you get things back up and running again!!!

How's your weather going Bess???

And what's in the ole cuppa???
(*I finally got a sip of Bailey's!! thumbup grinnnn )

Weezie

#109554 February 12th, 2005 at 06:07 PM
OP Offline
Eh, just Theraflu today. I got the grippe, the catarrh, the end-o-winter cruds. I got a strep test yesterday and it came up negative, so whatever it is, it isn't strep. But it's okay. I'm functioning.

Say, Weez, how many entrees can we have in a discussion before we need to open a new one?

#109555 February 12th, 2005 at 07:03 PM
Hey there, Miss Bess, nice to see you though I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Hope whatever it is soon passes!

Merme

#109556 February 12th, 2005 at 07:07 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Say, Weez, how many entrees can we have in a discussion before we need to open a new one?
Bess,
Usually it goes to the 100th post..

Anytime you want to start a new one, just give it a start up and we'll close this one. thumbup

Weezie

#109557 February 12th, 2005 at 08:13 PM
I need help desperately! This dog is driving me crazy. She's 9 months old and is not house trained. jWe tried keeping her in a crate and all she did was poop and pee in it and lay in it. 2 weeks ago we took her out of the crate, put paper down on the porch so now she poops and pees on and off the paper, lays in it, walks in it. We left her for 2 hours and 15 minutes today and she poop, peed, walked in it and laid in it. What's wrong with this stupid dog? Our lab goes to the bathroom outside in the same spot every time. This dog goes wherever whenever.

#109558 February 13th, 2005 at 03:08 AM
Have you got a small crate, Sheri? When we had a crate that was too large for our Jack Russell, she used one end as a bathroom. If a smaller crate doesn't fix the problem, try feeding your pup in the crate, too. They usually don't like to poop where their dining area is.

Dianna

#109559 February 13th, 2005 at 03:15 PM
Meg Offline
The best part of waking up, is folgers in your cup...

I had forgotten that tidbit of info Dianna. Yes, dogs don't usually like to eliminate where they sleep/eat.. it's like thier "den". BUT, if thier "den" is roomy, well, it's not gonna matter much. If you can get a crate that is just big enough for her to stand up in, and turn around, with pretty much no extra room.. it may stop the unwanted problem. Of course, I had a lab mix once that was really hyper, and would pee all over the place when she saw people, crate or not. And she did poop in her crate from time to time, but it was usually (you could tell) from a bellyache.

Not sure what kind of crate you have.. I had one that had a divider in it, to make it grow with her.. tiny for a pup, a bit bigger each week if needed, till she was full grown. It was pretty neat, but kinda expensive.. they averaged about $100 or so.

Meg

#109560 February 13th, 2005 at 11:53 PM
Nope, the crate size isn't the problem. Hers is just big enough for her to lay in. If we don't keep an eye out she will poop in her food bowl. We've even consulted a dog trainer and have done everything he said. For months we were taking her out every ten minutes for ten minutes at a time, hoping she would get the idea.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard