This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#109443 August 20th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
OP Offline
Hi ho, garden pals!

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but lightning fried my modem a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to come back from the shop.

Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten you!

We've had a great, green summer here in the Virginia piedmont. Almost too good, really, as the weeds will testify.

Also, we've had a plague of Japanese beetles. I just applied my favorite combatant for them today: beneficial nematodes. That ought to reduce their numbers next year. I used this product (Neem-Away from GardensAlive!) a good decade ago and it continued to work for many years, so I know it's effective. It's a microbe that only eats certain grubs, but not kids, pets, bees or earthworms.

I could go on and on, but I'm on a borrowed 'puter and don't want to be a hog. I'll check in when I can.

Cheers to my buds!

#109444 August 20th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We've been wondering where you were.....
We were checking out your website,
trying to figure out how to leave you a message..
I thought I did once, and it seemed to have
eaten the message, soooooooo, I wasn't sure
if it went thru or not....

We had wondered where you were, because of
several reasons, one, we hadn't heard from you
in a bit, and two, I wanted to tell you these
crazy gardeners have run~run~run sooooooooo far
away with your COFFEEHOUSE'S, that I can't even remember the freakin' number they're on, let alone keep up with them... I think the number
they're on is 56 or something like that, but by
the time you come back it could be 109 by the
way they gab gab gab gab gab
and thirdly, Merme's been wondering how you were too... she's not been feeling well, but does hope to hear you "type" soon...

Sooooooooooooo, don't be gone tooooooo long...
and get back on that ole puter and give us a chattin' to..

We want to hear about your project..
*Looked really kinda neat*

#109445 August 20th, 2005 at 06:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bess...I'll just tell ya.....I was gettin' a little freaked out about you disappearing into thin air. My mind does strange things, you know. nutz :rolleyes:
I'm so very glad to see this post.

Cindy

#109446 August 22nd, 2005 at 08:37 AM
Oh Miss Bess ~ wavey

So glad to hear it was only your modem that got fried and not something else!

Nice to know YOU are okay. Come back when you can, my friend. You are missed.

Merme

#109447 August 25th, 2005 at 09:36 PM
OP Offline
Now, now... my mind was fried many moons ago. (No, I'm fairly sure you didn't mean that.)

I'm still waiting for my 'puter to return from the shop. We had a very, very electrically charged storm that walked across the entire state a while back and apparently it took no modems hostage. But at least mine's in line to be replaced, and that's a start. When I get it back I promise to be the regular pest I always was, once again.

It's nice to know I was missed! Thanks, my pals!

Link Copied to Clipboard