This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#109415 March 12th, 2005 at 01:49 AM
OP Offline
Hello, folks. I'm afraid I've gotten terribly homesick... I was reading through Wild Willy's adventures for the first time and learned that our dear Bill lives in Cedar Hill, WA. I grew up in Port Orchard, WA and I miss it more now after seeing all those pictures than I have in years. Then it dawned on me that so many of us have at one time lived in WA.

Have you ever lived in Washington? How long? Where? Feed my desire to connect with people from "Back Home"!!!! grinnnn

#109416 March 13th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
wavey I'm from Washington and proud of it!!!
Cedar Hill is actually just the name I gave "my" hill when I was the first to homestead here in 1982. Cedar Hill is a mile and a half south of Sultan Wash. and US Highway 2. I am 45 miles NE of Seattle.

I was born and raised in Seattle, Wa. (Ballard... Ya sure, ya betcha!)

I know we have a LOT of my Washington members!
We live in the most beautiful state in the union...
Speak up!
Show your Washington Pride!!! thumbup thumbup thumbup grinnnn

#109417 March 13th, 2005 at 01:23 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi y'all;

I was born in Bremerton, raised in Seattle, went into the service and fell in love with Virginia. Lived in Port Orchard for 2 years, 3 years ago but missed my friends down here in Virginia so moved back. I love your wild willy series and hope you keep it up. I found when I moved back that there just wasn't enough sun to keep me happy and healthy. But it is lovely country.

#109418 March 14th, 2005 at 08:06 PM
OP Offline
Woo hoo!!!! I grew up in Port Orchard! Fancy that... That's what I miss so much. It was a good life there. I grew up on a farm and my family helped found the town when they came over on the Oregon Trail in 1903. The valley which my parents have as their back yard view used to be entirely owned by my great-grandparents and grandparents. And I miss Mt. Rainier. I don't feel like I've been home until I see it.

And Bill, you call your hill whatever you like, LOL!

#109419 March 18th, 2005 at 01:19 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow, that is really something. You must be very proud of your family, it's a great town with lots of gardeners in it. And it is beautiful there.

It's funny you mentioned Mt Rainer because when I went back I was quite sure it had changed somehow, it looks shorter.

Either that or I've gotten bigger lol.

But after awhile I missed the sun in Virginia and had to come back here. The people are so friendly and loving it's a great place to live.

#109420 March 20th, 2005 at 09:09 PM
OP Offline
I want very much to move back. But I've got such mixed emotions about it. I'll be leaving all this lovely LOOOONG growing season and especially my dear friends that I've made since moving here.

Last night I was in tears after not seeing certain friends for a few months and here I want to move away... frown It's a big decision to make for me some day.

Link Copied to Clipboard