This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#108043 April 27th, 2005 at 01:26 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have to love it. I was out in the weed patch yesterday. And the local homeless guy was out there too. He wanted to show me a blue berry bush my next door neighbor planted so that I could help water it and take care of it....

I said, "You mean the guy that can't turn down his t.v.?" And that pretty much shutdown that conversation. That patch is easily 75 feet long so of course he planted his bush right next to the hosta where it will get the least amount of sun. I am praying for this guys health, prosperity and spiritual well being, but it is a real growl. I am so tempted to put up some kind of thorn bush all around the area I want, but I want to be the kind of person who can be charitable so I'm not going to.

I will come out of this situation a better person.

#108044 April 27th, 2005 at 01:48 PM
SN Offline
Well, you remember what Robert Frost said...

"Good fences make good neighbors".

Sometimes, you sure do wonder about people.

In the past, the best neighbors we have ever had were the ones who had some consideration.

The neighbors on one side of us, are very nice people and not too close in distance, but on the other side, I am just not so sure about those people, but I try to mind my own business. They put their dog out on a run at the strangest hours. 6am on Sunday mornings, other times 11 at night. He gets put out during the day too. And of course, he barks, I mean, I have a dog, goes out twice daily, mid-morning and late afternoon, he barks a little but only when he thinks he guarding. laugh

I was thinking about your neighbor with the tv too loud. It made me think of my dad. I love him, but wow, does he turn the tv up loud. And when you are visiting, and you would like to get some sleep, and he is up late watching, it is not too fun. He can't hear for beans, and he has had hearing loss for years, he is not that old, in his 60s. He has hearing aids, but always takes them out.

I have a pack of soft earplugs. I use them mostly for concerts, that way I can still hear the music, but not as loud. I used those the last time visiting my dad, I slept pretty well. wink

Maybe earplugs would work for you, too. smile

Hugs this morning to you~

#108045 April 27th, 2005 at 03:54 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I moved my livingroom to the masterbedroom which is farthest away from the shared wall. And then soundproofed the windows so the road noise didn't cause me to turn up my t.v. to loud. So far it is working pretty well. Not perfect but better. I remind myself constantly that he is slow. Unfortunately where he planted his blueberries he will have to climb over my garden to get to them. Harvest time is not going to be pretty. I'm going to see if I can make room somewhere in my budget for some more of those wire 18" garden fencing units. It won't stop him but at least it will mark where I have things planted. I wish he had never moved in here.

#108046 April 27th, 2005 at 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tammy, I wonder if he is on a year lease or a month to month lease? Maybe he'll move out soon, I hope so for your sake....either that or maybe there will be a miracle and he'll become courteous overnight(which I doubt)...that's something that you usually learn early on.

I sure hope he doesn't ruin your garden getting to his blueberries.....

#108047 April 27th, 2005 at 05:09 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
The landlord rented him this apartment when his wife divorced him. He was at the other place over 5 years. So I don't think he will move. He doesn't like my smoking though, and sprays aftershave out in the hall to try and cover the odor. I've been thinking curry rice and blacken fish at least once a week might upset him even more. [I am so bad].

#108048 April 27th, 2005 at 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey it's your apartment, and you can smoke if you like--tough for him! :p Of course I have to say that though, I'm a smoker too.....You should cook something with onions and garlic too! laugh

#108049 April 27th, 2005 at 05:27 PM
Salmon patties! I love them, but I can't stand the smell of my house after I get through cooking them! laugh

Dianna

#108050 April 28th, 2005 at 02:56 AM
How bout cooking a big pot of greens. I can't stand the smell of those!!!! My dad makes them and I can't even walk into the house! frown

#108051 April 28th, 2005 at 03:43 AM
Liver!!! That used to chase my husband away! Haven't made it in decades, even though I love chopped liver...

#108052 April 28th, 2005 at 04:39 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Rigoletto Black Jack cigars...

.....trust me on this one!

Cindy

#108053 April 28th, 2005 at 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you hide some sardines in the hallway near their door...or maybe under one of their windows?

grinnnn

#108054 April 28th, 2005 at 02:08 PM
Chitlins! frown

Ugh! I had an aunt that loved them and I could not go visit her when she cooked those things. Nasty smelling.

Dianna

#108055 April 29th, 2005 at 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, I have to ask...

For us Canucks here...

What are chitlins? Duh Is that like smelly grits? laugh

#108056 April 29th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
laugh ROFL! laugh
You really don't wanna know!
(It ain't grits!)
laugh

#108057 April 29th, 2005 at 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now, I REALLY want to know! nutz laugh

#108058 April 29th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
You really don't wanna know!
When someone answers, you'll wish you hadn't asked frown
Gross stuff! It might do a great job of chasing the neighbors away though...

Long time, no see Cricket...
Its good to see you back again!

#108059 April 29th, 2005 at 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey

I have a strong stomach, Bill. thumbup I promise not to rolf on your forum. frown

So, are chitlins animal, vegatable or mineral? lala

(Graemlin withdrawal)

#108060 April 29th, 2005 at 09:43 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
ok..... pig guts (intestines).... You just HAD TO ASK didn't you! [Linked Image]
Want some????

#108061 April 29th, 2005 at 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just HAD TO ASK didn't you!
[Linked Image]

People EAT those?! shk

#108062 April 29th, 2005 at 10:35 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I told you that you didn't wanna know, now didn't I?
Uh huh! I did! But you HAD to ask!
Now you'll dream of cute(?) little piggies!
[Linked Image]

#108063 April 30th, 2005 at 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh talk about grimlin withdrawel... that'd be me.

i don't eat chitlins, but lots of folks down here do. if they aren't cleaned right, you really don't wnat to be in the same county whenthey are being cooked!!! but, another meat that is really bad when cooking is goat.

it don't matter how well it is cleaned, it stinks!! (nose holding grimlin?) especially on a barbeque grill!

#108064 April 30th, 2005 at 04:37 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
.....he's a non-smoker sandwiched between to smokers. I may hate the habit but this has to go on the pro side for a bad habit. He poured full strenght pinesol out in the hall. And has had to walk through that stench for a week. I use full strength bleach to clean my floors so the pinesol doesn't bother me a bit. It's raining today so I am stuck in the apartment.

#108065 April 30th, 2005 at 04:39 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, great! :rolleyes:

This was a good topic to click on right when I was thinking about making a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast!
laugh

I better just make cinnamon toast... thumbup
The oatmeal might be a little hard to swallow right now!

#108066 April 30th, 2005 at 06:32 PM
Hi there, TK ~

You know, if this neighbor is as "slow" as you say, there is the possibility that he is unaware he planted his berries in such an unhandy spot.

Perhaps you could approach him about it in a helpful manner, explaining some of the ideas you've had for the garden, how important it is to put everything in a good growing location and offer to help him move his plants. He may not have many brains, but he might have some brawn, and it could become a mutually beneficial situation.

Gardens and gardening has a way of drawing otherwise dissimiliar people together, you know?

He can't be a COMPLETELY rabid personality, can he, if he already planted something?

Merme

#108067 April 30th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I hope he is not rabid sca
Yes I tried being nice with a suggestion. The result was I was told to mind my own business he would do as he pleased. That was the end of that. And that was after he had been to my apartment a half dozen time to have me look up things on the internet for him. Usually when I was in the middle of doing something for myself. This was before I found this wonderful website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard