This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108031 September 1st, 2005 at 06:34 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I couldn't find the baby blanket topic so I am going to start a new one. We are expecting our second grandbaby in November and these are a few of the things I have made for him:

I had made a set of bumper pads for our baby bed (we babysit our other grandbaby) and my daughter wanted care bear motif but couldn't find anything she really liked so I made this for her crib

[Linked Image]

blankets

[Linked Image]

cross stitch blanket to match the set below

[Linked Image]

cross stitched set. Was a sheet but I decided after all that stitching to make a baby blanket out of it

[Linked Image]

I am working on an afgan right now that has a care bear motif

#108032 September 1st, 2005 at 08:19 PM
Wonderful work, Connie! That's one lucky baby!

I'm so glad the care bears are popular again - the first time they appeared was when my son was a baby - about 22 years ago, and I loved their stories. Then later (they are 7 years apart), they came around again when my daughter was little - still have some of those toys from her babyhood.

Your other pieces are too precious!

#108033 September 1st, 2005 at 09:06 PM
Those are beautiful, Connie! Wish I could do stuff like that.

My daughter chose Care Bears for my grand-daughter's nursery, too. She just informed me the other day that Reyla has outgrown Care Bears, though, and needs Dora the Explorer items now. Reyla will turn one on October 13. Outgrown already....hmmmph! laugh laugh laugh

Dianna

#108034 September 1st, 2005 at 11:56 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the compliments ladies! Actually the bumper pads were really easy. I am sewing impaired! My sister loved the care bears too. I think they are so sweet. Dianna, my neice is a big Dora buff too. She will be 3 in November. She has a Dora doll that is as big as she is!

#108035 September 2nd, 2005 at 12:31 PM
hi there connie! they are beautiful!! I love carebears :-) I just absolutely love the cross stitch things too they are sooo pretty! where'd you order them from? I have the name of a catalog that you sign up for online (IT'S FREE!!) and they sell cross stitch stuff and they have some really nice stuff. I'll have to find the magazine and post the name of it here for you :-)

#108036 September 2nd, 2005 at 06:00 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I had gotten the cross stitch kits at Hobby Lobby (they were on clearance) and had planned to make them for our grandbaby that we babysit for her bed here. I didn't get much of anything done on the first one and she is already 16 months old now. Then my younger daughter found out she was pregnant so I really worked on getting those kits finished for her. Recently I found a samplar cross stitch place on line and ordered a couple of things from them. One of these days I hope to get to those! Looking forward to seeing the link for the free cross stitch!

Link Copied to Clipboard