This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107852 March 1st, 2004 at 11:57 PM
OP Offline
I'm getting married in July and to keep costs down I decided to do the flower arranging myself. Nothing major, bouquets and boutenniers mostly. Since then I've realized that I don't know as much as I thought. I understand everything in *principle* but I've not done that much flower arranging in reality. So I was hoping people would have advice etc.

*smile*
applescruff

#107853 March 2nd, 2004 at 12:08 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Applescruff,
I did my own boutonniere's, corsages',
baskets for my 7 matron/brides maids, bouquet, vases on the tables, I also took a plastic white arch and 5 panels on each side for my thing to get married in front of and decorated that with flowers, baskets for bubble blowers and matches,
AND I made my own wishing well too, etc!!
(I had all the pastel colors of the rainbow,
peach, pink, yellow, mint, blue,
light purple and dk purple).....................

#1. My one quick question is..........
is there a floral class ie: through a BOCES school or floral design place that you could go to???
#2. Have you done any floral design already?
You said you have the basic's???

I'd be glad to walk you through something, but it's semi hard on a computer screen and no visual only words.....

Do you have any supplies already????

#1. flowers *what kind do you have in mind*
#2. Floral green tape
#3. Coursage Pins *with the large pearl head*
#4. Fern background thing. No idea of a name for that.
#5. Filler like baby's breath???

Let me know!!!

Weezie

#107854 March 2nd, 2004 at 03:00 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hi Applescruf wavey

I love to research on the web, so I took a stab at locating floral designs for weddings. Look what I found!

Savoncrafts.com Wedding Projects

Many floral projects, many step by step instructions!

Enjoy!

#107855 March 2nd, 2004 at 08:11 PM
OP Offline
Weezie,

#1. There isn't anywhere I could take classes and, frankly, I'm already in college and working so I really don't have the time.

#2. I have done some minor flower arranging and garland making, but nothing major.

As for supplies, I got a few silk flowers at the local Wam-lart and floral tape/wire mostly so I could get an idea of what I wanted but not much. I'll probably end up going with silk flowers so that I can get it done beforehand in stead of during the mad rush the week before. Also, we decided to do wildflowers and to keep it simple. I'm not really into a large wedding with all the pomp and circumstance etc.

jc2,

Thanks for the website. I've already read it in fact, but the effort is very much appreciated!

*smile*
applescruff

#107856 March 2nd, 2004 at 11:22 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Okay,
Get your supplies, and sit in front of the computer....*but remember it's awefully hard to
teach/tell over the keyboard...

For Corsage:
A. You take two big roses, 2 buds.
B. Pieces of Fern
C. Gypsopillia
(I bought the kind with some glitter on it!)
D. Assorted pearl beads on a string, in the shape of a straight line, leaf, or flower shape.
Your choice of what you like.

I did roses', so I got a clump of different roses, you'll find them in a bunch usually, 8 or 10 flower heads/buds...........
#1. Take the Biggest flower first....
#2. Take your floral tape and pull a bit off your roll
*leave it on the roll though, don't pull it off until you're done.*
start just under the base of the flower head, on the stem, put it between your first finger and the stem, and twist, pull gently down, as you go, so it activates the sticky feel to the tape and wrap around the stem....
#3. Do this to all of your choices...
(***This is say for your mother and grooms mother, You take two big roses, 2 buds,
wrap as the like said but then take two finished
products and turn one upside down, and tape together, and pin.....................******)

Take your big rose in your left hand and place
what would be the next item behind it, behind it..
I did a gypsophilia on either side of the big rose.
And a pearl thingie.....
Then I took a bud of the next rose, and put that
behind that, all just above each other, tiered one higher than the next.
For the back, you put a fern piece or take 3 to 5 pcs of leaves and put to the back...............

Take your green floral tape and wrap all of them in a tight wrap around the stem, so they are all held together!!

And you're basically done!!!

Weezie

Boutonniere's are done the same way sort of,
but just a rose bud with the leaves in the back
and a bit of fern...

Darn, I've got to get that WEB~SHOTS thing!!!!!!!

#107857 March 5th, 2004 at 11:19 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Weezie! I guess I just need to sit down and try things out. Usually thats how I do things: i.e. I pretend I know what I'm doing and go with what looks good. It's worked for me for years so let's hope this is no exception.

*smile*
applescruff

Link Copied to Clipboard