This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#107394 May 28th, 2004 at 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy, glad to hear that your daughter is okay!!! It's horrible for all those people who had their houses and businesses destroyed....lots of work ahead of them.

It's gray and overcast here today....weather says partly cloudy, but I don't see any sun.....just gray clouds.....You 2 up in NY, wow......sounds chilly up there!!! It's 70 here right now....We've had tons and tons and tons of rain......some more is on the way, should be here in a few minutes according to the radar....

#107395 May 29th, 2004 at 12:55 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,
Let me tell you, it was ters sca sca
Pretty coooooooooooooooooooold this morning!!!
IT WAS 35*'S THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and that was the thermometer attached to my porch,
which you know the house give off heat!!
So, I know it was a tad colder sca
out in the backyard!
Luckily I got to shove all of my
seedlings back into the green house!!!
So, all should be okay!!!
(First time into my entire lifeeeee time!!!!)

Weezie

#107396 May 29th, 2004 at 01:10 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
******Cindy,
LOWER 30's?????
Where are you? Is Siberia in NY???
YES, WHERE I LIVE IS VERY CLOSE TO SIBERIA, N.Y.!
:p sca :p sca :p
I've always said "I am in the foot hills of the foothills of the Apalachan Mt."
Our hill that we used to live *only 4 miles away* is the 2nd highest peak in WNY....
And there used to be a ski~resort on top of.....
*so, that should show you the type of area I live in* And I know that if it was that temp., down here, *in town, lot's of house's, lot's of paved roads, and lot's of cement sidewalks, I KNOW IT HAD TO BE LOWER THAN THAT UP ON THE "HILL"!!!!!!!
We are known as the snowbelts of WNY, lot's of times before the Blizzard of '77 put us on the map, we here in the south towns, would think nothing of getting 16" to 18" in a 7 or 8 hour period..In '79 when I started working (9/ to 4:30am) It snowed like that allllllllll the time, no plows out, and no traffic out there to even follow a path home and it was incredible, you learn how to drive in weather like that or else you end up in alot of snow banks or worse)

Weezie

#107397 May 29th, 2004 at 01:12 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Lynne,
I hope you fair a little better with the temp's!!!
You're a higher zone than me, so you should be alright! thumbup

How are you feeling today????
Stay under those cover's, and keep warm, it'll be warmer than you want it to be in a short time.
*And work on getting that greenhouse*

Weezie

#107398 May 29th, 2004 at 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brrr Weezie.....you're making me cold just reading your posts......lol I'm kind of in the same situation.....we are a few miles from the base of the highest elevation in the entire state.....there is a ski resort at the top of that mountain too....it's like another world up there......

It's about 56 degrees here right now this morning, but it promises to be a beautiful day I think.....the sun is shining.....I'm happy about that--the plants need some sun!!!! grinnnn

Lynne, how are you feeling? Strep throat is no fun.....

#107399 May 29th, 2004 at 05:22 PM
Weezie and Loz... thanks for your well wishes. Can you believe I have to wait until next Friday to find out the results of my throat culture??? Because it's a holiday weekend, and the test takes 3 days, and my dr. is closed on Thursdays... sheesh! I don't think I got the strep part of what my daughter had, but my ears feel like glue! frown Anyway, the nice dr. gave me antibiotics so hopefully they'll kick in soon. Only problem with that is, I'm sooooo sensitive to them, they tear up my stomach.

It's sooooooooo windy and cold here today.
Not quite as bad as where Weezie is though! shk
I didn't check the temperature on my deck until 10 this morning - it was 50. I know it was much colder than that overnight - especially with the wind.

Weezie... how did your plants fare overnight?
Wish I DID have that greenhouse already.
I have so many seedlings that I still have to get outside - they are getting really leggy in the house. :p
(Unfortunately, my son ate up most of the greenhouse money doing very foolish stuff at college and needing to make-up 3 classes this summer - cost us a pretty bundle!!! mad eek frown )

I hope the wind slows down a bit this afternoon so I can do at least a little planting on my sunny deck. I (and the plants) are really craving some vitamin D badly by now...

#107400 May 30th, 2004 at 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All, Luckily for us the weather hasn't been all that cold. We have no Furnace. The old oil one gave out and we were slowly being poisoned. All the aches and pain's we were having goes along with the side affect's of it. So I had THOUSAND'S of $$$$$ worth of test's done and it was the Monster in the basement. Phil will warm the house up for me before I come home from work if he think's I will be cold. Oven and a space heater. Just long eneough to take the chill out. Other wise we have had MORE rain here then we need. I think if we get any more we will grow Feather's and turn into Duck's. laugh laugh laugh Laura

#107401 May 31st, 2004 at 04:13 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You are lucky you found the problem before it DID hurt you bad! Some people here in the fall turned their gas heat on, and didn't realize that the vent in the roof was covered up with plastic. (It was a rent house.) They all died...an entire family. So sad!

Right now tornados are all around the county I live in, and we are under warnings. If I'm not here tomorrow you'll know what happened to me!!

(Loz...I'll try to remember to click the heels of my ruby slippers three times and say, "There's no place like home!")

#107402 May 31st, 2004 at 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The weather down here is awful. Hot and Humid. Yesterday the news said our high was 96(my outdoor thermometer read 110 in the shade) I work outside and its killing me. I now carry a sprinkler with me and when I'm landscaping I hook it up and walk through it to cool off(I make sure I wear a DARK SHIRT laugh ) Normally down here when it gets this hot and humid we get late afternoon storms that cool things down and waters the plants. We have not had a measureable amount of rain in over a month. Everything is DRY! My water bill will probably be quadruple eek
There are wildfires popping up everywhere,there is one 5 miles from my house as we speak(not too big,yet) We have a burning ban in effect and they are talking about water restrictions again.

WE NEED A BREAK!!

Karen grinnnn

#107403 May 31st, 2004 at 05:42 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Man, we had some tornados last night! The worst came through about 1 to 2 a.m. I thought the house was going to just blow apart. Poor Lola was in her bedroom hollering for me to get her, but I was so afraid that if something bad happened (like the roof flying off the house!), that she would be blown away and I'd never find her, so I had to leave her in her cage. I felt so sorry for her. She was scared.

Haven't been outside, but can see from the windows that we have shingles ALL over our yard! Andy hasn't slowed down all day, coming and going with the heavy equipment. Must be a lot of damage pretty close to us, because he didn't load the backhoe on the truck, just drove off on it after he got back from taking the dozer somewhere. We were blessed!

#107404 June 1st, 2004 at 03:09 AM
R
R
Whew! what a day, yesterday. We had 25 family members over and then the tornadoes came through. One hit just blocks south of us and very close to the house of some of the family. No damage for our family.

One trailer park devastated.

We had one of the families spend the night, the mom had her 4 kids with her, but not her hubby. The bad weather just kept coming and coming.

The rains after the tornado where very heavy, almost 4 inches.

#107405 June 1st, 2004 at 03:59 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I had wondered about you two, and Chrissy too!
I heard both area's got tornado's.....

I am sooooooooo glad you both let us know!!

And am sooooooooooooooo glad you both are okay
*Lola* toooo!!!

Gardens, and things like that can be re~done,
but not bodies and body~parts!
If you know what I mean.

Sending angell angell angell angell angell to watch over all of those who were touched by the tornado's!!!!
May GOD send his blessings to them.

Weezie

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh Chrissy, are youuuuuuuuuuu okay??

#107406 June 1st, 2004 at 04:43 PM
J
Jon Offline
J
hoping everyone is ok - - seems like this whole new century has been full of bad news on the weather front.

#107407 June 1st, 2004 at 11:02 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So sad! It flooded so bad after all the storms we've had, especially the one that spawned the worst of the tornados, that hundred of cows and horses drowned in the neighboring counties. They were showing them on the news last night, fighting and treading water trying so hard to keep their heads above the water. Men were out in boats rescueing what they could. The baby cows and horses were trying to stay by their mommys, and the mommys were trying to help them. But, most of them drowned. 50 in one field at a horse farm.

They're giving more tornado warnings on t.v. right now, headed this way. Never seen anything like it here before.

#107408 June 3rd, 2004 at 10:20 PM
R
R
That is so sad about the animals drowning. That was shown on the news here in IN.

We had just one death from the storms, an elderly man in a trailer. Maybe trailers should be outlawed in tornado states.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful since the storms passed.

#107409 June 10th, 2004 at 12:49 AM
well when that tornado hit indy south side was 1 mile from my bro in law.he said it looked sooo bad out.they went into neighbors basement and the dogs kenneled up.we here in TX didn't get no tornado that day but our power was knocked out and I had candles everywhere and almost ran a cord to the garage to the generator so could finish watching movie on sci fi but when the wind about knocked me over I changed my mind.Remeber now.i live in the boonys in the woods and it was very very very very dark when the lights went out.if i was to touch my finger to my nose i would NOT have seen it.When lost power was putting on shoes to take wheel barrel to burning pile& sooo glad i did not make it to the door cause I would NOT have made it back to any known object.Hubby wanted me to get flash light and told him your sitting down& know what direction you are faceing...you get it.had to have flash light to even locate the candles to light to even HAVE light.we stood on porch amazed at how dark it is without the security light we gripe about blinding us if the shades are open at night.LOL.
it has been real hot& humid for almost 2 weeks as haven't had much rain.got almost 4 inches yesterday& a few days b4 that was 2 1/2 inches and had wind with that.Oh and was a tornado in Whartn TX its down west of houston off 59 somewheres looked it up on atlis.my plants sure took off when we hit the 90s get brief rain just about daily just had our 50 rain drops earlier about 3 when was mowing lawn...didn't even stop mowing& it felt good.plus hubby scared the crap out of me in pool...I was under water with the pool vacume and he pulled my toes.I choked on some water and threw some back at him.I though he was still weed eating.He's tractoring now on some spots on road that were hard as concrete the other day now that we got enough rain to soften stuff up.
and HEY!!! Its hurricane season now.I'm waiting on the 1st storm to form.I'm excited.those winds will clean some dead wood out of my trees.LOL wavey

#107410 June 10th, 2004 at 05:37 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We had 3 thunderstorms today, 2 were really bad ones.!
The two shook the ground so hard, I couldn't believe it.
I thought after the first one went thru, we could call it a day, but then later the second one came thru!
We need the rain though!
Just wish it didn't fall so hard so fast, it' just rolls off the roads.

And we went for a nature hike with the boyscouts and we got a few sprinkles on us later....
Nothing too bad!

I thought the same thing for tomorrow here too!!!

Weezie

#107411 June 10th, 2004 at 11:12 PM
I brought in laundry 7 felt my 30 drop rain cloud pass through.I think they forgot to fill them clouds.
moveing mint today.
and hanging in pool

#107412 June 11th, 2004 at 04:12 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I potted up my 13 Jalapeno plants, they're so small still :rolleyes: mad

And some more volunteer tomatoes!!

And mixed some more compost and seed starting mix for me. And Pot mix for my mother, her and I sat
in the back yard and potted up plants.

It was raining *or misting* all day, but we were under out tree in the backyard, and never felt it.

My second set of corn is up already!!!

My radishes are kickin' butt!!
*I can see why they are so highly recommended for childrens' gratification seeds. Almost instant!!!

Got one more sweet pea, now that makes 3!!!

And I watched those darn woodchucks',
they're gonna get it?!! mad

Weezie

#107413 June 13th, 2004 at 02:48 PM
I
I
we have been getting hit by heavy rain almost every day and hail about once a week, the corn and soybeans we just finished replanting that were drown out a couple of weeks ago are now under water.. my garden is... well... well my flowers have never looked better.

#107414 June 14th, 2004 at 06:08 AM
got about 2 inches of rain.
Free watering in yard! laugh I just luv it when rain reaches all the plants!
It was Hot today.i sat in truck seat and almost screamed when leg touched vinal....need cloth seats in TX.

#107415 June 16th, 2004 at 06:51 PM
3 inches and still falling.Woke me up at 4 am it was raining so hard.my pool was too full yesterday.I bet its really too full today.All my plants are reciveing plenty of water.I knew I should have got me some rain barrels.anyone here use them?my seeds last week of hycanith are up,bet they are happy.

#107416 June 16th, 2004 at 07:16 PM
We've gotten some hard rain the last couple of days, mostly morning but coming down hard. Some of my plants really needed it but some others seem to be having a hard time. My zinnias are drooping over, for some reason.

#107417 June 18th, 2004 at 05:47 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
It was one of those days where it rained alllllll day, but it was a nice warm day and warm rain, not cold and damp. (I dislike those days with a passion)
Very nice day for transplanting and planting!!!
And that's what I did allllllllll day!

And pullin' weeds, next best thing to do on days
like this!

Also, I potted up my Gloriosa Lilies and morning glories and some of them darn seeds I started!

I have to find a way to heat that green house up, so I can get an earlier start next year?????
None of the one's I've started have flowers on them yet! *for flowers*
Of course I did those last.

We walked home from school in the down pour,
and we were walkin' in the mud puddles, and we got tons of looks, either, oooooooooooh, how cute or look at those dumbies....Poor kids don't stand a chance with a mother like that!
OOh what fun! We were wet and muddy by the time we got home, but I love days like that.
We are supposed to have this for the weekend too!
Hope so!

Weezie

#107418 June 21st, 2004 at 05:59 AM
we got 6 inches of a nice fathers day downpour.roads washed in spots,plants are grinning with joy from all the rain.I just water leveled the pool back yesterday and now its right back where it was...now THAT sucksI bet i spent an hour splashing that water out to bottom fill line and its back over the top fill line......npow give me a day of triple digits to evaporate it this time..LOL(jokeing! laugh )

my green zina is awesome flw

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard