This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#107369 May 4th, 2004 at 09:31 PM
Its hot. No fires nearby but its hot, yesterday it was well into the 100*s. Went home and tried to save my poor little babies, some of my little guys I started from seed were just fried (tomatos are gone, blk eye susans are gone). Its just too hot. I think I'm going to have to increase the sprinkler time for the next couple of days. Did I mention its hot???

#107370 May 4th, 2004 at 11:43 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
laugh Yep...it is SWEATY hot!!! frown

Hey Gardengal...I leave for Texas out of Ontario on the 12th and return the 16th of May...I'll wave as I fly over your house!!!! wavey

Instead of Hot and dry ....I have a sneakin feeling it is going to be hot and HUMID in Texas. Ohhhh I am hoping for a cool streak...and Lord if you are listening... no rain or lightening please...my tickets are non refundable. :rolleyes: You have to be careful what you wish for.
kit

#107371 May 5th, 2004 at 12:16 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Karen,
I flew thru a [Linked Image] lightening [Linked Image] storm!!!! sca sca Then I thought I'd better zzzzz because of
all the ruckus it was causing and I was going
to turn into the charactor on The Twilight zone that looks out the window and see's a monster tearing part of the wing off in a storm...

Thought it was best to just not watch! frown

Weezie

#107372 May 5th, 2004 at 12:19 AM
HOT HOT HOT!
spent yesterday at Disney's California Adventure, perfect day, NO LINES... the longest line was 15 minutes and that was for the river raft ride. We put swimsuits on the little ones, under their clothes. anytime we got too hot, off to the sprinkler areas to play. we balanced indoor stuff (shows) and outdoor stuff (rides). Slathered on the sun block, drank LOADS of water and had a great time. But boy was it HOT.

I've been a good girl and watering every morning, my front yard is looking so pretty, one of my friends came over Saturday and was teasing me saying she had to stop and "tour the garden" before she rang the bell. I only have one flower bed. but at least what I have is getting compliments. I'm swellin' with pride since I'm such a newbie. Now, if I could just get that back yard lawn to be green... one step at a time...

#107373 May 5th, 2004 at 04:37 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yeah, don't it feel god when people compliment you on your beautiful plants? The Fed Ex guy comes here once a month to bring a package for Lola. Today he couldn't believe how the yard has changed since a month ago. He said, "I can't believe you've done all this and have all this new stuff growing so fast! It's beautiful!" He said "How do you find time to do all this? Do you work anywhere?"
I told him "Yeah, in the YARD!!!"

Got down to 32 last night. I was a maniac on a mission covering things up til 1 a.m.

#107374 May 6th, 2004 at 05:59 PM
T
T
Hi everyone. Thought you might like to know what the weathers like in England. We've had a lot of rain this week, even some hail stones. The temperatures about 12centigrade. It's about 4.55p.m. and sitting here looking out of my window the sky looks very dark.

I'm feeling pretty jealous reading about some of the fantastic temperatures you're writing about on here!

#107375 May 7th, 2004 at 06:08 AM
We had a beautiful day today here in Northeast Indiana, low 80s all day & nothing but clear skies. Tonight we are having one of the worst thunder & lightning storms I have ever witnessed. There is so much lightning it looks like it is 12 noon & it is nearly midnight. The sky is so lit up. I probably shouldn't be on this computer, but the storm is keeping me awake because my dog keeps barking at the thunder lol.

#107376 May 8th, 2004 at 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chrissy, we just had a doozy of a thunderstorm here this afternoon......probably the same line that you had.....It got so dark outside all my electric candles in the windows came on.....the wind was whipping, the rain was torrential......It passed through fairly quick......at least all the plants got a really good water.

Before it passed through it was really hot today......humid and sticky......the storm really cooled it down.....

#107377 May 8th, 2004 at 05:58 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and hot here today in Hillbilly Land!
But, I guess I missed it. Lola and I laid on the couch all day until 1 o'clock when I dragged myself into the shower to go to my doctor's appointment. When all this tumor stuff is over with me I will have to make up for some lost time!

#107378 May 8th, 2004 at 06:11 AM
God bless you Cindy,tumor stuff sucks.I'm clueless as usual.I've been through it too.You will be in my daily prayers,chick. luv luv luv
Shari

#107379 May 24th, 2004 at 04:04 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
How's everyone's weather????????

Weezie

#107380 May 24th, 2004 at 04:32 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It's been extremely hot and beautifully sunny here in KY for days, maybe a stray thunderstorm here and there. But, MAN!!! I've been watching all that rain that's been happening elsewhere! I hope you guys have a boat! I've been begging for a "water feature", but NOT that kind!

#107381 May 24th, 2004 at 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Humid, Humid, Humid.......and Hot!!!! 100 percent humidity.....It's partly sunny today....

I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that gets you.....the air is just so heavy.....

We've had tons and tons of rain here lately.....we were under flood watch the other day but luckily downtown didn't flood. About 30 miles away an emergency dispatcher saw a tornado form and touch down.....very briefy and then it broke up. The thing is, this is the mountains of western MD.....we aren't supposed to get tornados here.....about 6 years ago we had 4 or 5 of them around here....one being an F4 that caused a lot of damage. People have said that we are only supposed to get a tornado once every 100 years here or something--freak things....With the mountains around here if we had one in my town it would bounce around in the valley I guess.....Never heard of one going up a mountain before. Duh

We have isolated thunderstorms on just about every day of the week--or we did, the weather channel changes things so much sometimes I wonder if they know what they are talking about....

#107382 May 24th, 2004 at 06:36 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
cold and rainy for the past 4 or 5 days here in NH frown Kinda sucks that my plants don't get any sunlight >.< My desert rose so dearly needs it. Its starting to turn yellow again eek

Hopefully it'll warm up again though ^.^ Times like this i'm glad i have an indoor garden!

#107383 May 24th, 2004 at 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up Till Last Thursday it was nice, since, rain,rain,rain, falling temps, Rain,rain...Now at 11:43 Monday, it's 45 degrees, cloudy, damp...Well at least it hasn't rained for hours now...Maybe...Hope it STOPS Bouncing of the Walls Here!! laugh laugh

#107384 May 24th, 2004 at 08:59 PM
Its been cool here, in the low 70s during the day, overcast and gray. Its supposed to stay this way for a while. Its a nice break before summer hits and its hot again. grinnnn Would be even better if we could get some rain so maybe we won't be quite so dry. Keeping my fingers crossed. wink

#107385 May 24th, 2004 at 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sure would love some of that rain and the cooler temps. It is dry,dry,dry here. The weatherman says its 93 degrees out,but my thermometer says its 103 frown I'm having to water every day or my plants go limp. When my water bill comes in,I'm going to mark it return to sender addressee unknown laugh

Karen grinnnn

#107386 May 26th, 2004 at 02:53 PM
J
Jon Offline
J
Karen

Just a wee question - seeing as you live in an area that like Vegas depends to some degree on tourism.

Here in Vegas the themometer usually measures several degrees higher than is reported/recorded. We take the assumption it is for the tourist trade -- "tell them its cooler than it actually is so they won't feel so bad." It is NEVER more than 116F even if the thermometer "unofficially" tops 120+.

Do you experience something similar there????

Jon

#107387 May 26th, 2004 at 11:31 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
sca BAD storms here!!! sca
Tornado 10 miles away where my daughter works!
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, ToTo!

("Auntie Emm, Uncle Henry!!!")

#107388 May 27th, 2004 at 05:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooooo Cindy........just click your heels and repeat after me, there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..... thumbup

#107389 May 27th, 2004 at 04:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
We've had quite a few bad tornados here the past several years. My daughter must attract them, or something! Two years ago she lived in an apartment in town, and a tornado ripped through her neighborhood and destroyed a shopping mall a block away from her, and EVERY house near hers was damaged, some totally blown apart. The apartment beside hers had the entire roof taken off, but it didn't do a thing to the apartment she was in! She gets pretty freaked out when there is a storm where she works. Her office is HUGE, and there is nothing but glass about 30 feet high on three sides. She didn't even see the one yesterday. They seem to destroy everything around her, but she's always safe! (Hmmm...that's weird. nutz ) Andy just called from town and said the place was swarming with emergency task force units, and T.V. news crews everywhere because of the ones we had during the night that I was totally oblivious to! (Better cut back on the pain medication, huh?)

#107390 May 28th, 2004 at 03:06 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
WOW!!! We had more bad tornados last night about 70 miles from here (in Lexington). Wiped out an entire subdivision. They just showed some video on the t.v., and there were 2 X 4's sticking out of the sides of houses that had been impaled into them! So much rain and storms here in the last few days. Andy has gone to get the dozer to fix the destruction here. We have 18 inch deep trenches down the driveways from the rain.
Did I say a few days ago in a post that I wished it would rain here??? O.K. I'm sorry. I take it back!

#107391 May 28th, 2004 at 03:40 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep,
We're getting it here too,
the rain, no tornado's
*which by the way, I send lot's and lot's of angell angell angell angell to them for days the days ahead and reconstruction*
The back yard in areas' was up to my ankle's.... :rolleyes:
*the over flow off of the road goes directly between my mom's and my property line, and straight back, veer's to the left in front of my lilac tree and out to the back by the back shed and swingset!!
It's a river, no lie, through on really hard down pours, luckily, I mapped it out early as to the flow and only put wet loving plants thru there and all seems happy as long as I dont walk thru it.

And its supposed to get very chilly tonight, lower 30's :p frown mad Well, by the end of the next two weeks the garden will be finish, so, shouldn't be too many more days of lower cold temps.

Weezie

#107392 May 28th, 2004 at 03:57 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
LOWER 30's?????
Where are you? Is Siberia in NY???

#107393 May 28th, 2004 at 04:28 PM
WOW Weezie!

It's only 60 here right now and I'm already freezing! Tonite will go down to 49, but they are saying that tomorrow nite will be 43!!!

Waaaaah - I want the warm sunshine - especially when I probably have my daughter's strept throat now! I'm crawling back into bed just as soon as I get back from the dr's.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard