This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106971 June 4th, 2004 at 03:28 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Somewhere between dr. visits, nursing home visits, work, and life, I got lost and couldn't find my way to the forum!!! The last three weeks have been such a ride that its going to take forever to explain it all!! I can't even remember what was going on when I got too busy to do anything. I think it was that Stephen's Pap had died and Nanny had just gotten out of the hospital. I will try my best to remember the order that everything happend. Nanny went back to the nursing home and did pretty well for a couple weeks. I mean pretty well, in that she wasn't sick....but she wasn't eating anything. So we were doing alot of visiting her at the nursing home. We went to a wedding on May 15th and that was a lot of fun...although I really wasn't feeling that well. I continued to not feel up to par for the next week. On the 20th, I found out that I'm pregnant (that is a GOOD thing!!!!!)...so that's why I wasn't really feeling that great. shocked shocked Stephen's parents came down that weekend and we went to Philly for Stephen's cousin's confirmation party. We had alot of fun surprising family members with the news of the baby. Nanny continued to go downhill. She was having alot of trouble breathing and was on oxygen 24/7. On the 25th she died (more details down in "Nanny is sick" in Banter Hall). So then we were busy helping my parents out with things that needed to be done for her service. This past Saturday (the 29th) we had the services for Nanny. They started at 9am and we didn't get home until 4:30pm....so that was a really long day. We got home, took a nap, and then Stephen had to go into work until 9:30. On Monday and Tuesday, Stephen had off, so we spent those days relaxing and just being together (something that we needed GREATLY). That pretty much brings us to now. Its 9:25pm and I'm sooooooo tired. I've been going to be by 9:00, but I really wanted to get onto the forum today and say hello. I'm going to try my best to get here more often now. Things are crazy hectic....and on Sunday we are leaving for Massachusetss for a week.....do noe I have to start getting things ready for that!!!

So, that is my update....and hello. wavey I'm going to try to catch up on everything by the time we leave on Sunday(then again next week when we get back) smile

~Jennifer

#106972 June 4th, 2004 at 06:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jennifer, I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your nanny thumbup This will be your first right? I don't have any yet myself....So, any morning sickness yet??? When are you due??? Just think when the baby gets older you can have a little set of hands helping in the garden.... smile

Glad you had time to come in and share with us.....hope you get a chance to come back soon.....take care of yourself....

#106973 June 4th, 2004 at 02:07 PM
Jennifer ~

I'm so sorry to learn of the passing of your Nanny. I'm sure she was so happy about your frequent visits to the nursing home, and is resting peacefully now.

What a rollercoaster ride you've been on of late!
At the same time grieving, and then being ecstatic about the pregnancy! Take good care of yourself, and enjoy this time of feeling special - you are! flw

Lynne

#106974 June 4th, 2004 at 05:51 PM
Jennifer,
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Nanny and Steven's Pap. I lost all of my grandparents over the last few years and I miss them all so much. You have my sympathy. grinnnn

Take care of yourself and come back soon to chat with us. We miss you. I was wondering the other day where you have been. Thanks for keeping us updated. Have fun in Massachusetts. flw

#106975 June 8th, 2004 at 03:30 PM
J
Jon Offline
J
Congrats on the baby that is coming!!!

Condolences on Nanny - right now it seems like forever (it did for me when I lost mine a while back) - but when we reach the other side - we get to spend eternity with our loved ones.

Hope you and Stephen have a great trip to MA.

Jon

#106976 June 8th, 2004 at 07:42 PM
Jennifer, so sorry about your loss. My prayers go out to you & your family.

muggs Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!! (that's milk in those mugs:) How exciting for you & your husband!!

Have a wonderful vacation flw

#106977 June 8th, 2004 at 07:43 PM
Jennifer, so sorry about your loss. My prayers go out to you & your family.

muggs Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!! (that's milk in those mugs:) How exciting for you & your husband!!

Have a wonderful vacation flw

#106978 June 15th, 2004 at 12:37 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone!!! wavey

We just got back from MA. We had a good time. We went to Boston for a day and a half. They drive like insane people there (I can only imagine how expensive car insurance is there!!!!) and I was the one who was driving, so we left there and went to Lexington and Concord to do the history thing there.

The week went pretty well...aside me getting sick on Friday. The weather was good and there was lots of relaxing to be had.

Our schedule has slowed down now, so I'll have lots more time to spend on the forum. smile

#106979 June 15th, 2004 at 12:57 AM
B
B
Jenn,

I've sent a PM, but wanted to say hi here too...

What a blessing a baby is...enjoy every moment of pregnancy...

LOL....I'm going to start a new topic in banter hall.....look for it under advice for jenn! laugh

#106980 June 23rd, 2004 at 07:28 AM
A
A
Hey Jen confused
I don't know if I wrote back to your last pm?
Anyways maby did that thing again where nothing works Duh My computers been suffering alot so I haven't been around either, hope you don't feel to sick wink and you three grinnnn are doing good.

#106981 June 23rd, 2004 at 09:55 PM
I'm just seeing this topic or I would have said something sooner. Weird thing for me. I have 2 children. They are 12 years apart. The year I had my son, my grandmother died. The year I had my daughter, my grandfather died. I don't know that I wil or will not have anymore, at this point but at least I know fate can't continue as it has for me (gaining one loved one & losing one the same year).

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Link Copied to Clipboard