This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#106694 November 28th, 2004 at 12:25 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Last night me and Barleychown were talking about our parrots, and she asked me what my favorite thing was that Lola did... dev

I don't know if she picks up vibes from me that I'm stressed (holidays!) and uses that to her advantage, but she's really been runnin' wide open!

Today in the shower she kept getting off her perch to bite my toes! Every single time I'd close my eyes to wash my face or hair, I'd feel a very sharp beak grab my toe, and then a very mean laugh! She thinks it's funny.

I finally got my hair washed and was rinsing it out, eyes closed and soap all over my face, expecting to be bitten again, but it didn't happen. And, usually when I block the water from hitting her she's screaming "More water!"
sca But, there was silence. sca

When I opened my eyes, she was climbing up the shower curtain liner as FAST as she could. Not good. frown If she makes it to the top, I'm screwed. That's when we have to play "King of the Mountain" for the rest of the day, only she's "Queen of the Bathroom"!

She made it to the top. mad

[Linked Image]

So, for the past two hours, every time I try to get her down, she flops upside down like a bat and grabs the curtain, flapping her wings while laughing hysterically.

I wouldn't mind her sitting there all day...it would give me a chance to clean the pumpkin pie off the wall where she threw it today when she got mad at me for taking the whipped cream away from her.

But, she will end up chewing a big hole in my Battenburg lace shower curtain if I don't get her down soon.

So, Barley...what's the MEANEST things your parrots do?
laugh

Cindy

#106695 November 28th, 2004 at 01:05 AM
lol sorry but that's funny! maybe you could try to coax him down with some cheese nips or something? Duh kit and a hamster and a dog at my grandfather's house but hope to have some type of bird in the future though!

#106696 November 28th, 2004 at 01:36 AM
Oh, my, that's funny!
Did you know African Greys are supposed to be like the 3rd or 4th smartest animals? SOME people say, anyway. I think there's still debate over it. (Behind dolphins and chimps, and I think maybe elephants...)

#106697 November 28th, 2004 at 01:57 AM
That was so funny! I love hearing funny stories about pets. We cant have any in the apartment we live in. ters :p

#106698 November 28th, 2004 at 01:58 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Behind dolphins and chimps, and I think maybe elephants...)
That's true...
But, you can't verbally ARGUE with a dolphin, chimp and elephant!

Now, that IS one of my favorite things...
...arguing with Lola! laugh

The other day we got into a fight over some cashews (she won, by the way!). She wouldn't let go of the cashew can, and told me "NO!".
I said "You'd better watch it!"
And she said, "No, YOU'D better watch it!"
Then laughed her butt off! laugh laugh laugh

#106699 November 28th, 2004 at 02:12 AM
J
J
Cindy and Lola laugh laugh laugh
What a great relationship laugh

you may not have a conversation with a chimp, but l bet Lola would laugh gab

Doreen.

#106700 November 28th, 2004 at 04:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh I just couldn't pass up reading this post about Lola and her naughty self..... grinnnn

Someone has to give you a hard time Cindy, may as well be Lola.... laugh :p

I couldn't even imagine arguing with a bird....it would be pretty cool, but kind of freaky too....I bet you have days where you're wishing she had an on/off switch aren't there? laugh

#106701 November 28th, 2004 at 04:35 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Today was that day! laugh

#106702 November 28th, 2004 at 04:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you punish her somehow when she's been bad.....like put her in a cage or something? Duh I doubt you do because I know how much you love her, but it sounds like a toddler that needs disciplined....lol laugh Does she ever tell you she's sorry?

I don't remember if you told me before, but how long can they live for?

#106703 November 28th, 2004 at 04:50 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Does she ever tell you she's sorry?
Yes! That's why I can't punish her!
And when she says "I'm sorry" and then snuzzles up against my face and says "I love you, mommy!"

What can I do? Duh laugh
No, she never gets punished! shocked

An African Grey has a life-span of around 70 years.

Cindy

#106704 November 28th, 2004 at 06:13 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
And she's only 6 now??? :rolleyes:

Let's do the math here!! angell

Weezie

I have to admit, I'd love to meet the both of them, would be quite fun I think!!!! laugh

#106705 November 28th, 2004 at 07:37 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
omg i love reading about you and Lola and all ur adventures, ms. cindy! They're so fun ^.^ I wish Magic could talk, but she just kinda divebombs you when she wants attention. And then when you give her attention, she'll fly away, cuz its not the "right kind" of attention flw

~Phoebe

#106706 November 28th, 2004 at 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh laugh

Hmmm...I wonder if Cindy was Lolas pet in a previous life and shes just getting her back!

G-Mom grinnnn

#106707 November 28th, 2004 at 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That could be it Karen!!! laugh

70 years is a long time!!!!!! And that's so funny that she tells you she's sorry. No wonder you can't punish her.

I would've answered the post last night but the stupid computer froze up on me, and I'm too impatient to wait for it to reboot when it does that.....

#106708 November 28th, 2004 at 09:02 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
we don't want her out during dinner, cuz she walks around in our food and eats it while we're eating >.<
What's wrong with that? Duh laugh

Lola eats all her meals at the table.
She eats whatever I eat, which is much healthier for her than anything else. She gets all her vitamins and her extra calcium she needs right from eating "people" meals.

Here's how it works...
She has her own little plates and bowls and cups.
I put a little bit of everything on her plate, and she sits on my shoulder and I hold the plate up in front of her with my right hand and eat MY food with my left hand. When she wants a drink, she tells me and I hold her milk, or whatever, up and she drinks. Last night she ate broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, ham, corn, and a roll. She enjoyed this meal, so most of it ended up eaten. If she gets mad because I won't give her another roll before she's eaten her vegetables, she throws her vegetables in the floor. Very simple. Yesterday she had pumpkin pie for breakfast, with whipped cream. She ate the whipped cream off and wanted more. I wouldn't give her anymore, so she threw the pumpkin pie all over the place...then asked for more. I guess she figured I'd get her another piece of pie with whipped cream. She's pretty smart.

I know... Duh
I guess I could get a job or something, but what fun would that be? nutz
And, I'd have to hire a babysitter for Lola! laugh

Cindy

#106709 November 28th, 2004 at 09:50 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
uhhh.....now you know why they call me the crazy bird lady!

lala

#106710 November 28th, 2004 at 10:24 PM
uhhh.....now you know why they call me the crazy bird lady!
Ummm, yeah, we already knew!! nutz

#106711 November 28th, 2004 at 10:27 PM
You all think I'm a nutcase for treating her like I do!
But, I have nothing better to do...
I guess I could get a job or something, but what fun would that be?
And, I'd have to hire a babysitter for Lola!
We think you're a nutcase for a lot of reasons, that's probably the least of them!! laugh laugh

Don't you dare get a job that takes you away from us!! mad

#106712 November 29th, 2004 at 01:51 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
We think you're a nutcase for a lot of reasons,
Is this one of them?
[Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh

#106713 November 29th, 2004 at 03:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That'll work thumbup laugh laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#106714 November 29th, 2004 at 03:52 AM
Cindy,
I thought of you and Lola today in church. Our pastor was telling us a joke about a man who's uncle died and left him a full grown parrot in his will. Well, the man brought the parrot home and put his cage in the kitchen. The parrot was a really rude bird and every other word was an obscenity, and if it wasn't one of those, it was a rude comment. The man tried to speak politely to the bird hoping that the bird would pike up on the nice, kind words, but it did no good. One day the man was at his whit's end. He took the parrot out of his cage, the parrot swore at him. He yelled at the parrot and shook the parrot, all the time the parrot was swearing back at him. So, finally, in frustration, the man put the parrot in the freezer. For a couple of minutes he heard the parrot yelling and kicking and then....silence. Afraid that he had hurt his uncle's beloved parrot, he opened the freezer door. The parrot came out and sat on his arm and said "I am truly very sorry that I was rude and said those bad things. Please please forgive me. I will never again act like that". Confused, the man forgave the parrot. The parrot then said,"May I just ask one question? What did the turkey do??" laugh

I still laugh when I think of that!! laugh laugh

#106715 November 29th, 2004 at 04:16 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Cindy,
I thought of you and Lola today in church.
sca sca sca sca sca

shk nutz lala

#106716 November 29th, 2004 at 06:36 PM
Ummm...I thought of you because it was about a parrot and the parrot was being bad! smile

#106717 November 29th, 2004 at 06:52 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
and the parrot was being bad!
LOLA??? BAD??? lala
laugh laugh laugh
THIS is what I had to clean up before 8:30 a.m. this morning...

A shredded styrofoam cup...
[Linked Image]

...and cashews all over the chair!
(She snuck into the cashews while I was cleaning up the other mess!)
[Linked Image]

Cindy

#106718 November 29th, 2004 at 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She must've been mad at her mommy to do that!!!LOL laugh What did you do to her!!! laugh What does she call you by the way? Mommy, Mom, Cindy????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard