This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106164 December 15th, 2003 at 12:14 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Anyone here collect Indian artifacts? I'm looking for items from South Carolina. I have found many various types of arrow heads around my home. Lot of Indian activity here in this area.
I was on Ebay bidding on a few items the other night with no luck. Too many Christmas shoppers out there... hard to get bargains!LOL!

#106165 January 14th, 2004 at 02:46 PM
wavey
Hi Bob... what kind of Indian artifacts are you looking for? I am 7/8 Native American and really am into my heritage.

#106166 January 27th, 2004 at 12:31 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hi Moonstar, glad to meet u! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond (been out of town).

I was looking for indian artifacts such as arrow heads, beads,tools, anything from this region of the country. I thought it would be neat to collect them and also give as gifts to a few of my friends and relatives for Christmas... Of course Christmas has past, but it's still a something that interests me!
I have collected some nice arrowheads from my own property and also from job sites that i have worked on.. Once in a while i stumble upon them. I always keep my eyes open whenever soil has been disturbed. It's so fascinating!
I have some Indian blood in me as well... If i'm not mistaken, on my dad's side of the family there is Abinaki (i hope i got that name right! :rolleyes: ) My dad has a very dark complexion, but i'm fair skinned. Catawba and Cherekee (sp?) Indians inhabited the the Upstate of SC.

#106167 January 27th, 2004 at 12:49 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Oh Moon star, have u seen that documentary on the History Channel about Custer's last stand? They did some battlefield forensics... Very interesting what they concluded... History has always made it look like Custer made a heroic last stand... They concluded through intensive research and through testimony from native Indians at that time that it was more like a slaughter... Custer and his men were enormously out- gunned and out numbered and that they were running for ther life! For those who haven't seen it, need to! Very interesting!
The Indian's account of the battle was very close to what they concluded from their investigation! The "white-man" exagerated their account of the battle to make himself look good...

Not trying to get controversial, but it's so fascinating!

Link Copied to Clipboard