This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105969 February 10th, 2004 at 11:48 PM
A
apples Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I like painting alot!
In my high school days I used to draw all the time and was a real surrealist zzzzz .
I only started painting about a year ago and it has brought me to a more contemperary and impressionistic style. I still do alot of realy abstact stuff for fun. All and all I would say I'm not enough of an artist to be using these words but am generally happy with my work. I would love to hear about other peoples artistic experiences and if possible see some, if pics could be posted. I can't post pics for a while plus I havent figured out how to yet. Even if you don't think your that good it's fun to share and talk about how you got a certin efect and such!

#105970 February 11th, 2004 at 01:20 AM
R
R
I love to do all the special painting effects marbling, sponging, etc.

I have done a bit of watercolors but my favorite is drawing with oil pencils, mostly flowers. I like the real intense colors that you can get with them.

LOL! My high school teacher informed me that I had no artistic ability so I draw just for my own enjoyment.

I love drawing garden plans.

#105971 February 13th, 2004 at 12:13 PM
A
apples Offline OP
OP Offline
A
That sounds fun rue!
I use acrilics mainly for ecinomic purposes. Haven't tried many technics yet mainly work off instinkt. I'm just now starting to work on planned forms. In my surealisim type abstracts I like using a stick and squirting little bits of paint in diferent places and spreading them around with the stick! I've almost perfected a technic of feeling what I'm producing with it but it's an on going ever changing procedure. Even though you do it just for yourself is thier maby one your quite proud of that you'd be willing to show, I'd injoy.

#105972 February 14th, 2004 at 03:04 AM
I love to paint, Draw and I also work in Clay I also paint miniature figures and build miniature terrains for them. I have sold many on eBay and some of my work can be found on my web page (the figures) http://steelwoolghandi.com my favorite medium is the clay I love to do figures and faces. Acrylics are great to I like how they dry fast unlike oils that take much more time to dry.

Steelwoolghandi

#105973 February 14th, 2004 at 05:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love to paint and draw.....I have tons of bottles of acrylic paint.....practically every color.....my mom used to paint abstracts a long time ago, so I must get the painting bug from her....I actually plan to paint a mural on a big huge cement wall in my garden this spring, now that will be a challenge.....I hope it turns out, if not I can always paint over it.....

#105974 February 14th, 2004 at 05:37 PM
Steelwool, that is SOME toyroom you have, there...wow...your figures are great, too. Loved your site! thumbup

#105975 February 14th, 2004 at 06:53 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Steelwoolghandi

YOU DID THOSE???

Very nice indeed!!!!

Weezie

#105976 February 14th, 2004 at 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I missed that link the other day, wow!! What a toy room!!! My 33 year old brother would love it....he love TLOTR. I see you sell Thundercats....I used to love that show, even though I was a girl.....and He-Man, and Transformers......It's great to have such a hobby....thanks for sharing.

#105977 February 15th, 2004 at 04:58 AM
A
apples Offline OP
OP Offline
A
That is realy some neat stuff! Thier clothing and armour is amasing, very detailed! That terrain is incredable too. It got me thinking of bonzai. If you made the site of a monumental tree I'd probably be willing to buy it off you and try to reproduce the tree! Just would depend on what tree it was. I'll think and get back to you on that if you'd be interested? Really injoyed your work though.
Good luck on that mural loz. That's another nice thing about acrilics, it's easy to paint over them if you mess something up. Being new to "trying" to paint things I'll call it, I allways take a while working out all the details.

Link Copied to Clipboard