This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#105119 September 3rd, 2004 at 06:11 AM
mich168 Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone in the path of this one?
Good luck to you! Its a big one!!!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT/VIS/20.jpg

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/frances090204-2015z.jpg

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5%2BGIF/311513W5.gif

http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kamx.shtml

#105120 September 3rd, 2004 at 06:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Gardenmom is THERE!!!
And, Andy left FOR Clearwater a few hours ago nutz !

#105121 September 3rd, 2004 at 06:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy, did Karen leave yet??? I hope so!!! I'd be driving as far as I could.....

And I hope Andy drives as fast as he can and gets back safely!

#105122 September 3rd, 2004 at 02:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I haven't heard from Karen this morning. I'm watching the "Weather Channel" 24/7. Looks like Frances is slowing down a little, so that will give people a LITTLE more time to leave. The traffic is unreal. I hope to see Karen on here soon!!! My stomach is in knots!

Cindy

#105123 September 3rd, 2004 at 03:44 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I just called Andy. He is already in Clearwater getting the Land Rover his friend bought loaded on the trailer! So, they will be heading back shortly, which will be a whole new ballgame with millions of people all driving North right now!

Karen, where are you???
The "Weather Channel" guy is reporting LIVE from Jacksonville right now! (Walk behind him and wave to me! wavey )

Cindy

#105124 September 3rd, 2004 at 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
George and I got up real early and went shopping...refilled our propane tanks,bought groceries and other necessary supplies. I wrote a very long post this morning,but then Bill started doing maintenace on the site so I don't know where it went.
Now that it is going towards the north we are more in line for a bad hit. Even if it turns to the west it is far enough up, to where we will be on the north side(the bad side) If it doesn't turn we will be in a direct line(if you pull up a map of Florida counties we are in the extreme SW part of Duval county,almost at the Clay county line(rural area).
The mayor held a press conference and has asked people in low lying areas and mobile homes(we just bought this doublwide in Dec.)to voluntarily evacuate. As the day goes on and if the storm doesn't turn, we will be going to mandatory evacuations. He said it is likely that there will be major loss of power in our area.
We are packed up and ready to go...but there is NOWHERE to run to at this time...the expressways and rest stops are like parking lots(estimated 2.5 million evacuees are coming through our area)the closest available hotel rooms are in North Carolina. Duh If the need arises I guess we'll have to go to a shelter.
We are boarding up our windows(there is no more plywood available,we checked)with lattice work and 2x4's(better than nothing!)and are securing all outside stuff. The van is gassed up and we have 2-5 gallon cans of gas.
I have exchanged phone #s with Cindy, so I can keep in touch,when and if we lose power.

We are VERY nervous about this storm. I have lived in Jax. my whole life and have been through many brushes. I was here in 1964 when we took a direct hit and it was horrible, I was only 2yo but have vivid memories of the storm itself and the aftermath(actually this is my first childhood memory)
We are hoping for the best but are prepared for the worst. It has been downgraded a bit and that IS good news. I guess we're just playing the waiting game now.

Thank you for your concern kissies

Karen grinnnn

#105125 September 3rd, 2004 at 05:03 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I was going to ask you if you were there and remembered the hurricane in '64.

I feel SO bad for you. I'm glad you got the extra cans of gas. From what they're saying on TV they are rationing it IF you're lucky enough to find it!

So, I guess it will be about this time tomorrow when the proverbial $h!T will be hitting the fan, right? [Linked Image]

What do you do with your pets if you have to go to a shelter?????

#105126 September 3rd, 2004 at 05:30 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Here's a pretty good WEBCAM at Daytona Beach.

Also, a listing of Florida webcams .

#105127 September 3rd, 2004 at 05:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the way its slowing down, they're saying sunday pm or monday am.

I'm not sure about the pets,but no matter what they are going with us!

Right now it is pouring down rain...don't know if it is a rainband from the storm or not...it kinda looks like it from the radar.

Karen grinnnn

#105128 September 3rd, 2004 at 06:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be so scared....I'm scared for you.....I hope if you have to evacuate you can get out okay.....And I'm glad that you gave Cindy your number so that way we'll at least be able to know that you are safe........What a mess it all is, I feel so sorry for everyone down there....Stay safe!

#105129 September 3rd, 2004 at 07:17 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
omg karen, i hope you'll be okay >.< I've been very worried about you too! I'm so glad you have ms. cindy's number! Take care ms. karen >.<

~Phoebe ters

#105130 September 4th, 2004 at 03:38 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Karen...
You still with us?
We need an update!
Andy called about 5:30 and was already at a motel in Macon, Georgia to sleep for a few hours.
Dang, and I had plans for tonight! mad
Guess I better stay home now in case he breezes in here sometime in the middle of the night!
laugh laugh laugh

#105131 September 4th, 2004 at 06:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet Karens on the move......I sure hope she's okay and that she calls you to let you know what's going on.......They said that with the speed it is moving it has the capability to dump up to 25 inches of rain...... frown

#105132 September 4th, 2004 at 04:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
karen, you got my prayers.... been there, done that... camille is one of my earliest memories... and opal and erin went over the top of my house in '95

#105133 September 4th, 2004 at 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i forgot, www.wftv.com has some very good links for hurricane tracking... particularly frances... watched it all day at work yesterday...

#105134 September 4th, 2004 at 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
almost forgot the best one of all.... www.noaa.gov

info direct from the national weather service. most up to date and most accurate.

#105135 September 4th, 2004 at 07:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody around here is getting really frustrated with the way this storm keeps changing course,north one time ,west the next.
Kinda wish it would just hurry up and get it over with.
Its been really windy(you should hear my wind chimes...it sounds like a fairy band playing music),with dark clouds and ALOT of rain. And we've already lost power 4 times since yesterday and we're not even in the direct path anymore. We are supposed to have tropical force winds by tonight(39-74mph). Thats about as bad as it will get for us(if it doesn't change course again :p )
We are sooooo bored...I just went and rented 6 movies,so I guess thats what we will be doing till it gets here.

Karen grinnnn

#105136 September 4th, 2004 at 08:04 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I was already getting worried!
I'll probably have to up my dose tonight! frown laugh

#105137 September 4th, 2004 at 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made sure to have plenty of my "hurricane supplies" on hand....I might just up my dosage too! laugh

Karen grinnnn

#105138 September 4th, 2004 at 08:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
:rolleyes: I might need the box(case) it came in! laugh laugh

Karen

#105139 September 4th, 2004 at 08:28 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
shk

frown

laugh laugh laugh

#105140 September 4th, 2004 at 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just came over the news and reported that the storm has quit moving...its just sitting still gaining strength again :p

I am getting soooo tired of this mad It needs to hurry up and do what its gonna do so we can get back to life.

Karen grinnnn

#105141 September 4th, 2004 at 08:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ihave been vigorously switching between FOXNEWS and CNN checking all the lastest news!!

They just had a police angell officer on there telling a story of a rescue of a bunch of surfers. mad frown mad frown
Makes me sooooooooo mad to hear that, that they can't respect that storm, and do that, then put someone else's life or lives in jeapordy to rescur them!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
They should throw them in jail for a month or more, just to get the point, they didn't get killed!!

Keep us posted Gardenmom!!!!

Weezie

#105142 September 4th, 2004 at 09:03 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Michelle,
Great sites you posted!!!
Thanks for adding these!!!

Where do you find all those?? Duh thumbup crit cool

Weezie

#105143 September 4th, 2004 at 11:55 PM
Official Problem Child