This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105084 September 15th, 2004 at 10:59 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, here is the story...

My neice called me and said "whats going on at your parent's house?" I said,"what do you mean? I was there an hour ago and nothing was going on" She says "so-and-so called my mom and said that an ambulance was there and took your mom with her hooked up to oxygen". News to me...so I called my parent's house and a lady that lives with them said that she was having chest pain and shortness of breath and that my dad called the ambulance and they took her to the big hospital and he followed in the car. So I called my neice back and relayed the message so that she could call her mom (my oldest sister) and tell her that. Then I got on AIM and talked to my oldest nephew and asked for my other sister's cell phone number b/c I don't have it. He had to go out to his car to get the number and I guess he called his dad on the way back into his office building because when he got back he was on the phone with his dad and his dad was on the other line talking to my sister. So then my sister called me, i gave her the info and then she called the hospital because she knew where exactly to call because she used to work there. Then she called me back. So here is what we know now. My mom was taken to the hospital with chest pain and pain going up into her jaw and shortness of breath....which is a classic sign of a heart attack in women in case you all didn't know. That is all I know. I'm waiting for another call from my sister or my dad. I'm not supposed to go to the hospital because there is enough going on with my mom in the ECU. So, if you could, please say a prayer for my mom!

#105085 September 16th, 2004 at 03:02 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Jenn...I saw this yesterday but had a little trouble replying to it. You have my prayers.
My dad just got out of the hospital a few days ago. He has a heart problem also. So, I know what you're going through.

Please update and let me know how your mom is.

Cindy

#105086 September 16th, 2004 at 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so sorry to hear your Mom isn't well. I hope things are better this morning.

Lots of prayers coming your way [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Karen grinnnn

#105087 September 16th, 2004 at 03:37 AM
J
J
Lots of prayers coming your way from us too! Keep us posted!

#105088 September 16th, 2004 at 02:06 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
They kept mom overnight in the hospital to observe her. They don't think it was her heart. Dad thinks it was an anxiety attack, but she hasn't had one of those for a really long time and they were never like this. Anyways, they are running blood tests and if they come up ok, then they will let her go home this morning. They are also going to give her a stress test, which should be interesting considering she has really bad asthma. That's all for now. I will find out more this afternoon. Thanks for your prayers.

#105089 September 16th, 2004 at 03:50 PM
Hope you have more good news after the tests today. My prayers are there with you, your mom and family.

Amy

#105090 September 16th, 2004 at 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of prayers sent out for your mom.....glad it probably isn't her heart......I know all about anxiety attacks, the first one I had I almost called an ambulance, I thought I was dying......anyway, I hope she is okay and like I said I'll be sending out lots of prayers! angell

#105091 September 16th, 2004 at 08:28 PM
I'm also sending you wishes for your mom to have a speedy recovery, and for the doctors to find and fix whatever is wrong very soon.

#105092 September 16th, 2004 at 08:31 PM
Jenn,

Sorry that your mom had to go to the hospital but glad it was not a heart attack. I hope they can find an answer for you and she can be home soon.

Triss

#105093 September 16th, 2004 at 11:20 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
The tests didn't find anything, so they really don't know what caused it. I guess one of the dr's said something about a muscle spasim, but I'm not buying that. But, the main thing is that she's ok. smile Thanks for all the prayers, we appreciate it.

#105094 September 16th, 2004 at 11:47 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
But, the main thing is that she's ok.
Yep! That just about says it! thumbup

Cindy

#105095 September 17th, 2004 at 05:44 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Sorry Jenn I didn't see this posting til now....I am soo sorry you all had to go through that traumatic experience. Glad to hear your mom is doing well. They will probably do a chemical stress test on her instead of the treadmill stress test.
Keeping you in my prayers. angell Catlover

#105096 September 17th, 2004 at 04:43 PM
J
J
Jenn,
l also suffer from asthma quite bad, and the symptom's you described with your mum, are the same as l had once, l also was taken to hospital,and diagnosed with stress. Stress and asthma go together, unfortunately.lt's something we have to live with.
Glad your mum is ok now, but l am sure that it was due to stress.

Doreenx

#105097 September 18th, 2004 at 11:28 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, everything is back to normal now. Mom seems to be doing just fine...she's back to her old (not really) busy self again. smile I was telling her all about my front of the house plans for the fall and she is very excited about it! smile

#105098 September 19th, 2004 at 04:02 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That's good to hear! thumbup

Cindy

#105099 September 19th, 2004 at 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm happy to hear that everything is OK with your mom!

Karen grinnnn

#105100 September 19th, 2004 at 02:53 PM
I'm really glad to hear that your Mother is back home and doing well. It is so frustrating to have the doctors not know what happened. A year ago August I had quadruple bypass surgery on my heart (I was 52). Last month I was awake all night with a real bad muscle spasm in the back of my neck; I had a lot of trouble breathing (especially lying down); some soreness and pain in my chest. The next morning I went into my cardiologist with the problem. They checked me out, but couldn't find anything, so they sent me across the street to the ER. They ran a number of tests, and had to give me morphine to give me some comfort during the tests. Nothing came back wrong, so they put me on antibiotics and sent me home, saying it was a viral infection. The next day, it was like I was never sick. It came on so fast and strong, and left so quickly. Still don't know what it really was. Hope your Mother has continued to feel well. Strange things happen some times.

Link Copied to Clipboard