This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105002 August 9th, 2004 at 04:28 AM
OP Offline
Thought I'd share the latest colors in my yard.
These were taken this afternoon, on yet another overcast day. I find that it's actually easier to get better pictures then, than on a bright sunny day.

a New Guinea Impatient I picked up 2 weeks ago marked down to 99 cents.
[Linked Image]

First attempt at growing gladiolas.
These are around my mailbox. I love them!
[Linked Image]

Also, first attempt at growing datura - got the seeds in an online trade. The first 4 large buds fell off, then I finally got a bloom after letting up on the watering.
[Linked Image]

Sea of Cleome
[Linked Image]

Thunbergia from seed - I had this on my deck which gets afternoon sun at first - it didn't like it there, so I moved it to an eastern exposure. Much happier here.
[Linked Image]

The pink side of the garden...
[Linked Image]

In the blue garden... a perennial salvia -
can't remember the name and lost the tag,
but this thing reseeds itself ALLOVER THE PLACE!!!
I am forever pulling out seedlings...
It's a much nicer blue than it looks here.
[Linked Image]

Last, but not least, our shed. It has castor bean plants in the front, yellow and red trumpet vines growing over the top, and cleome off to the left side. Behind the cleome is some more gladiolas which I hope will bloom soon.
[Linked Image]

#105003 August 9th, 2004 at 04:49 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Lynne...I can't see them ...all I see are red X's Duh
kit

#105004 August 9th, 2004 at 05:11 AM
OP Offline
Sorry - it appears that Photobucket is having server problems - I can't get back into it, and no one's pictures are showing up that are stored there!

#105005 August 9th, 2004 at 06:39 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I can see them!!!!
*it's 12:39am~EST
Maybe they're back up and running...

Anyone else see them???

VERY NICE AGAIN LYNNE,
you've got a great green thumb!! thumbup
**and pink thumb thumbup and blue thumb thumbup !!! wink laugh thumbup

Weezie

#105006 August 9th, 2004 at 07:11 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I see them! Its 1:10 here lol. But ya smile I definately see them, and i definately think your plants are beautiful!

~Phoebe

#105007 August 10th, 2004 at 01:42 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
These are awesome, and that shed is TOO cool!
That looks so neat with the stuff growing over the top.

Cindy

#105008 August 10th, 2004 at 03:07 PM
Ohhhh....purdy!!!! Your shed reminds me of our back patio. We have the grape arbor over it and the grapes are growing HUGE this year. I have vines that are going around to the next porch and some that are growing over the roof of our kitchen! I let the one side go this year...and it took over the flower bed there. Oh well...there's always next year.

But your flowers are sooo pretty!

#105009 August 10th, 2004 at 04:02 PM
OP Offline
Thanks all!

(of course I only show you the successes!!! wink )

The other day, I looked out the back window when I woke up, and much to my HORROR saw the BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS WOODCHUCK on the TOP of the shed roof sitting there munching away on the trumpet vine flower buds! NO WONDER I haven't gotten any red flowers so far this year! mad eek ters
I cannot believe that he can get up on the very top of the roof!!! How long has he been doing that?!?!?!?!?

Anyway... a funny story about those vines...
my parents visited one day last summer, and the first thing my father said was
"look at that mess on top of your shed - you really should get rid of that weed!"
My mother almost hit him, and I just rolled my eyes! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope we don't have to take the shed down soon - the previous owners had it put in, and did not put it on a concrete slab, and the entire floor inside is sinking badly. Not to mention the tunnel system underneath that the @#$% woodchucks have dug!!! My husband keeps his ride-on mower in there, along with the other lawn equipment, and a bunch of other stuff. He's already had to brace the bottom of both sides with new wood.
I'd hate to lose this shed - replacing it entirely is sooooooo expensive.

#105010 August 11th, 2004 at 05:37 PM
B
B
Lynne,

LOL...so THAT'S what is growing in my garden!!!! Cleome!!!! The seeds you sent me, and i sprinkled in the garden and promptly forgot!!!!! I have a ton of them and they weren't blooming....finally have one that is starting to bloom. laugh laugh

Barb

Link Copied to Clipboard