This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10446 May 5th, 2003 at 02:41 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Today I decided to plant some flowers in my flower bed but the packages said to space the seeds apart and some of them I didn't space...I just sprinkled. Do you think that will be ok to do? I want my flower bed really full so I just tried that. I know that gardening is trial and error but I am a beginner and I need all the help I can get. Thank you!!!

#10447 May 5th, 2003 at 04:48 PM
F
F
If u planted your seeds too close together-- no big deal - u can thin them out(pull them out or snip them) or transplant them later once u see what has come up. Depending on what u r planting, the seeds may not all germinate anyway.
Some seeds are so small (yarrow for example), all u can do is sprinkle them.
Gardendreamer03@aol.com

#10448 May 8th, 2003 at 04:25 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I agree with Bob.... Depends on your style of gardening.... Some like everything spaced and some gardens are cottage style (all packed in together to give a large burst of color). You have to see what pleases your eye. Have lots of fun trying new things. Try it two different ways if you have the space and time. Try one where you sprinkle and one where you thin and see whatchya like. Also plants may vary. What plant was it?
Weezie wink

#10449 May 8th, 2003 at 07:05 AM
A
OP Offline
A
One of the flowers was snapdragons and I think the other was Aster. I don't want a line of flowers. I want a very full flower garden. I just don't want them to take the nutrients off of each other and some not grow. Thank you to both of you for your advice.

Link Copied to Clipboard