This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104381 August 7th, 2004 at 11:28 PM
J
jacjoa Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi, My name is Jack and I live in IL. I'm 32 and have a wife and 2 kids. The reason I joined is that my wife has me doing most of the yard work and I have not a clue on some of this? My current problem is my wife wants to move a Butterfly bush to another location in the yard and I don't know when would be a good time & can it live in the middle of a yard with all the grass or do I have to make a zone around it of no grass? Duh Anyone have any advise. Thanks grinnnn

#104382 August 8th, 2004 at 05:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Howdy, Jack! Welcome to the forum!
Man, you've come to the right place! Did you see all the forum topics here? If you have a question, SOMEONE can answer it! (Probably not ME, but SOMEONE!!!)

As for the butterfly bush...
...I don't know what the real "rules" are, because I never follow rules, anyway! I move my plants around constantly, including Butterfly bushes. A lot of women move their furniture around all the time, I change my yard all the time! laugh I have never lost anything yet! I have my butterfly bushes in raised gardens with mulch, but my neighbor across the road has one just growing in her yard with grass. So, I don't know what the real answer is to that one, either! Dang, I ain't much help, am I? I just said a lot, but didn't say anything! nutz laugh
But, that's me!

Well, nice to meet you, anyway!

Cindy

#104383 August 8th, 2004 at 05:01 PM
Welcome to the site, Jack! I used to know a guy named Jack, in my younger days wavey

#104384 August 9th, 2004 at 08:27 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi Jack! I donno about your butterfly bush, but i just wanted to welcome you to the forum ^.^ Someone will definately answer your question sometime smile You may get more results if you post it in another forum.

~Phoebe

#104385 August 14th, 2004 at 12:27 AM
T
T
Hi Jack, I am new to this site also. I am not an experienced gardner by any stretch of the imagination. I did have a neighbor that was a wealth of information on gardening. I live in the panhandle of texas. Her advice on butterfly bushes was not to move them until after the first frost. Then you can move them where ever you want. Also prune them way back in the early spring before they begin to leaf out. I had a gorgeous yellow honeycomb and I did as she instructed and it grew like crazy. Sorry this is so long. good luck with your endeavors.

Link Copied to Clipboard