This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104369 May 11th, 2004 at 12:27 PM
Ronni Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Y'all,

It's been a while :-)

Quite a while, I think..........since before Christmas if I remember correctly.

Lots of changes since I last posted. My husband and I finally separated just last month. I moved out with two of my kids, the third is still living temporarily with his Dad because he was planning to get his own place anyway in a couple months, and didn't see the sense in moving twice. My oldest two have been moved out for quite some time, so this separation hasn't affected them much.

My relationship with my husband has been very bad for quite some time. I don't remember how much I told you guys about it the last time I posted, but I do recall saying something about it. I have the vague idea that I didn't think I'd be posting as much, or hadn't posted as much, or something, and had wanted to give you some idea as to why.

Anyway, the relief resulting from leaving has been enormous! It's been emotional too--one doesn't just leave behind a 28 year relationship without some emotional rollercoaster, no matter HOW bad it was. But my overriding emotion has been relief. The verbal and emotional abuse I experienced over that time period made leaving easier--less of a loss, more a sense of liberation and freedom from tyranny.

My kids are doing OK, they too have experienced the relief and sense of freedom this move has engendered in me.

I've rented an old, small, somewhat beat up little house, basically sound, but needing lots of TLC. It's in my same neighborhood, so I don't have to get used to too much "new" all at once. I'm still in my comfort zone, still doing business with the same people I have for the last 10 years.

There's not much garden here, though a few well established shrubs have given me a starting point--a couple hydrangea and peonies, a honeysuckle bush, a couple other shrubs that I don't recognize, rose of sharon growing everywhere, a few daffodils, and *1* (yes, ONE!) measly tulip was poking its little head up when I moved in :-)

I'll be on the main forum asking for advice. Many questions! No answers! If I can figure out how to do it, I'll also be posting photos of a couple shrubs that maybe someone can identify for me.

It occurred to me when I logged in that things MUST be getting back to some semblance or normalcy for me, if I'm back here :-)

I'm glad to be back.

Ronni

#104370 May 12th, 2004 at 03:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies hey ronni! was just thinking about you the other day girl! was thinking about sending out some carolina jessamine to chrissy and thought about you. never did make it to memphis this year, and my best friend didn't get to come for the wedding, she had a job change. wedding went off with very few hitches, and boy am i glad that is over. angell and i am glad that God is smiling on you with a new beginning!! i won't be around much for the next few weeks, but we'll catch up when i finish this project that is eating my time.

#104371 May 12th, 2004 at 01:03 PM
Ronni Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the warm welcome back, you guys! wavey

I hope you've figured out that I'm making innane conversation just so that I can try some of these graemlins shocked

Ronni luv

Link Copied to Clipboard