This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104337 January 22nd, 2004 at 09:40 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Who keeps a journal? I started keeping an online journal (known as a "blog" to some) in January 2003, and called it " Literary Lonewolf ".

Earlier this month, I closed the book on that one (though you can still read my wafflings there!), and opened a new blog called " Mad Hatter\'s Monologues ".

Anyone else have some scribblings they'd like to share?

#104338 January 23rd, 2004 at 12:05 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Nicholas,
I couldn't keep a journal going to save my
life right now, going in toooooooooo many
directions....*(see my strobe light with my name?
That's my life, every different direction)
Writing here is my relaxation time.............

I had always kept a diary when I was a teen,
But I had nothhhhhhhhing to do.... :rolleyes:

I know I've read where some of the gardeners'
keep records of the plants they bought, how much for seeds, etc., etc., etc..

Weezie

#104339 January 23rd, 2004 at 05:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't do anything that's public but I've usually always kept a journal......when I was 17 my mother read it!!! mad I was so angry and got in a lot of trouble.....lol Anway, I find it calming to sit and write.....Sometimes I'll write in one for a few months in a row and then I'll go a month or so without writing anything....I did get a readers journal for christmas from my husband and it was so thoughtful....I love to read, and this way I can keep track of the books I've read and record some info about them. thumbup

#104340 January 23rd, 2004 at 04:26 PM
Nicholas, I enjoyed reading your musings. You write very, very well. I have a couple of funny blogsites bookmarked that I read regularly...but authoring one myself? Nope...with two jobs and the garden....I collect myself enough to tinker in here....e-mail my kids & grandkid...& order stuff online laugh :rolleyes: . My hat is off to anyone who is able to sit in one spot that long... thumbup

#104341 January 23rd, 2004 at 07:19 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I find myself lagging on the postings, and then scrambling to catch up by using shortcut tricks (see combined "Peter Pan" and "LOTR" posting as an example!). However, I enjoy thinking that the 30 or so people that do read my blog are getting the tools they need to make their own decisions about a movie, art exhibition, or other event. As you saw, each of my reviews includes several links to other websites for artist bios, storylines, other reviews, etc...

This means that the reader has the option to build a diversified impression of the event, without relying on any one person's subjective opinion. crit

After they've been to see a few of the events I review, I'm hoping readers will get a sense as to whether they agree with me or not, about certain things, and then use my reviews as gauges of whether they will like it or not - as opposed to using my reviews as dictators of what they should be seeing.

Anyhoo, I'm flattered that you enjoyed my scribblings. What are the other blogs that you bookmark? I'd love to get your recommendations.

#104342 January 23rd, 2004 at 08:15 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Nicholas,
Have you been reading Bill's "journals"
Under The Further Misadventures of Wild Willy

There somewhat of what you're talking about!!
Weezie

#104343 January 23rd, 2004 at 10:04 PM
Nicholas, I went over your sites again....dang, yer good. Your salons sound wonderful...
Did you catch Patrick Swayze's Billy Flynn at the Pantages? We went last night. I expected him to dance much more than he did, being, uh, "classically" trained, as he was. He certainally is NOT a stage actor. :p We did love the show...Mostly, the ladies stole it. We did, however, walk out of the theatre singing "Celophane"

#104344 January 26th, 2004 at 03:40 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally posted by weezie13:
Nicholas,
Have you been reading Bill's "journals"
Under The Further Misadventures of Wild Willy

There somewhat of what you're talking about!!
Weezie
Bill should put a direct link to this journal on the homepage, perhaps in the form of a little garden gnome...

Glad to see someone else is scribbling their thoughts down! Makes for good mental exercise, at the very least (and I rather enjoyed reading about his corner of the world!).

Thanks for the link, Weezie!

#104345 January 26th, 2004 at 03:47 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally posted by Jillie:
Nicholas, I went over your sites again....dang, yer good. Your salons sound wonderful...
Did you catch Patrick Swayze's Billy Flynn at the Pantages? We went last night. I expected him to dance much more than he did, being, uh, "classically" trained, as he was. He certainally is NOT a stage actor. :p We did love the show...Mostly, the ladies stole it. We did, however, walk out of the theatre singing "Celophane"
I may not be "standing up in a crowd", or "raising my voice up way out loud, waving my arm, or shaking my leg", but I'm sure glad you liked it!

As our good friend said, "even without clucking like a hen
Everyone gets noticed, now and then,
Unless, of course, that personage should
be
Invisible, inconsequential me!"

I think Patrick Swayze is a little past his proverbial prime, unfortunately (though I'm sure many of the ladies in the audience didn't notice!), and he may have realised in rehearsal that he wouldn't be able to match the professional dancers, so he opted for the movement equivalent of Rex Harrison's singing style...suggesting the act, but not quite commiting full tilt!

Glad you enjoyed the show. I've not seen it myself, yet.

#104346 January 26th, 2004 at 04:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Anytime Nicholas!
I already babble enough for the people already,
Although if I ever wrote a book on my life, whoa baby, there'd be a movie production in it..... smile

I wonder who I'd get to play me!!
OH MY GOSH< what a hoot that would be!!

Weezie

#104347 January 26th, 2004 at 09:35 AM
A
OP Offline
A
There's an interesting game: If you could get any famous actor to play you in the story of your life, who would it be - and why?

#104348 January 26th, 2004 at 03:15 PM
I'll bite:

Betty White, portraying rose Nyland as Jillie. confused

#104349 January 28th, 2004 at 04:38 PM
Nicholas said....
and he may have realised in rehearsal that he wouldn't be able to match the professional dancers, so he opted for the movement equivalent of Rex Harrison's singing style...suggesting the act, but not quite commiting full tilt!
Sterling diplomacy!

#104350 January 29th, 2004 at 08:18 PM
A
OP Offline
A
LOL!
Would you rather I had said "Johnny Castle can't dance!"?

It would cause the earth to spin off of its axis, locusts to visit upon us, and the heavens to drop their stars into the black sea of nothingness. Nothing short of apocalyptic entropy would ensue if we were to suggest that Baby's man had lost his twinkle toes...

wink

#104351 January 30th, 2004 at 04:09 AM
....like yer style, dere, N.. laugh laugh

#104352 February 8th, 2004 at 04:53 PM
Nicholas wrote:
What are the other blogs that you bookmark?
Sorry I missed replying to this Nicholas...Here's one of the ones I visit now and again:

Ftrain

#104353 February 11th, 2004 at 10:06 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Quirky site! "Butt turnip"???!!!

Only caught a glance...It's past midnight, and I got up at 6am this morning, so I'm going cross-eyed. Will revisit FTrain in more detail soon.

Thanks for the link!

P.S.: Let me know if and when you have ideas for improving my site

#104354 February 12th, 2004 at 03:05 AM
A
A
Hello Nicolas.
I thought what you've done so far with your site is pretty nice(I like that mad hatter pic). I didn't get around to reading much as I'm not a big reader. I often think in pictures as opposed to words and don't link them together very often.
My only suggestion would if you plan on putting more links over the pic to change the colour of the font or to lighten the pic as sad as it would be. I'm no writer but I keep somewhat of a journal that I write in when ever I need an outlet. It takes my brain awhile though to have words manifest as something that should be acknowleged and I've learned to live with that. Just for fun here's something I wrote once.
I had a moment with the eyes of death today. I was walking this suburban rainforist type place. this path was so familiar, natural in a way. So Idealy human that even other then the fact that no other beast would use the brutal precision of tearing a path from complete vegetation to nothing but a rock walk way, the symitry of it's subtle angles and curves highlighted the way we react to the world around us. This wasp got caught in my hair and I had to shake it off. It rose up above my me and as I turned to see it, it seemed to maintain some what of a still orbit, a fixed position over my head. I looked at it through the glased corner of my vision almost like a dream. It stationed it's self on a target area of my head. I started bobbing up and down all over the place and came to the end of the path out on to the highway. Every one looked at me as I almost walked out in front of them, still bobbing away from the wasp. I stood as still as possible and when thier were no cars I crosed the road. I'm alergic to wasps.
There you have it one of my numerous bee/wasp type creature stories! By the way the wasp left as soon as I got to the other side of the road. That was carma for something I'm shure!

#104355 February 16th, 2004 at 03:38 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for your feedback, Apples!

Link Copied to Clipboard