This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10424 June 30th, 2003 at 06:48 PM
A
Arlene Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My house is on the down side of a slope and have had quite abite of erosion. The slope isn't that steep. Myneiborgh's house is higher and maybe 20' away. The water off their roof is a big factor. I had the idea of building a berm and making it a rock garden, but when I measured from my house to the lot line, their's only 60" so a berm is out. My plan now is to dig out a gradual slope to the front of the houses and build a retaining wall with 4x4's. That sounds so "dull" so if anyone has another idea, I'd love to hear it. Access to my backyard is through a gate on this same side of the house so the ground needs to be somewhat flat.

#10425 July 24th, 2003 at 01:10 PM
would be nice if had pic of area
have you thought of a french drain?don't know if ya know what one of those are but they would divert a good bit of the water.wouldn't hurt to suggest neighbors use rain barrels on drains for that much water could water with it& save on water bill but sounds like they probably don't have gutters in that case that would not work.I hate gutters cause they needed cleaned and is a nasty jobI prefer not to have to deal with.really hopeing we don't add gutters to new house

#10426 July 24th, 2003 at 06:31 PM
Originally posted by njoynit:
would be nice if had pic of area
have you thought of a french drain?don't know if ya know what one of those are but they would divert a good bit of the water.wouldn't hurt to suggest neighbors use rain barrels on drains for that much water could water with it& save on water bill but sounds like they probably don't have gutters in that case that would not work.I hate gutters cause they needed cleaned and is a nasty jobI prefer not to have to deal with.really hopeing we don't add gutters to new house

njoynit,
I know what u mean about gutters.We just bought new home here too in Tx..Didn't want add gutters but we finally had too.But we don't have any trees yet so maybe we want have to do much cleaning there..What part Tx are u from Northeast Houston here.

#10427 August 4th, 2003 at 10:44 AM
I'm in woodville
& praying very very much that we do NOT get gutters on house.If we had them I'd have to clean them and don't care to clean them I hate the smell& think is waste of time& money.

I see your water problem...you are in H town....it is F L A T there.In that case you'd want to do wanna those submergable pumps down in hole with hose hooked up to drian in seweryou'd get a 2 hour heavy rainfall and need a boat to get around..LOL

we had that problem at front door where we moved from....i thought allison was going to wash my floors.slab foundation was just barely at start of carpet had 5 inches 1st day she hit land and was way inland..LOL glaqd someone else has that delima.I did vote to tear down gutter,tried to say would solve problem,but he wouldn't buy into that..LOL

Link Copied to Clipboard