This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103899 August 29th, 2004 at 05:03 AM
K
Katie Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello all. I have never posted to a group in my life. Here it goes. I'm a busy mom (as are all moms I guess) and I'm trying to find the time to get back to the hobbies I tried to start while I was in college. One of these is actually keeping my houseplants alive! wink So I have a few questions about my new baby philodendrons I just potted. Could some one point me in the right direction to ask these questions.

I look forward to learning alot at this site and growing my green thumb!

#103900 August 29th, 2004 at 05:14 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Katie,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

We are all a pretty nice group of gardener's that love to garden and grow plants of all sorts!!!

If you head on over to the HOUSE plant SECTION...
And post a new topic and type in your question, and make sure you click on your email notification button, it'll let you know when someone here has answered your post....

I'm sure that someone will be thru to help you, we have alot of gardeners that specify in the houseplants only!!!

Keep us posted on your plants too, we love cool updates! crit

Weezie

#103901 August 29th, 2004 at 05:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Katie wavey Welcome to the forum! There is a perfect spot for all of your philodendrom questions grinnnn

#103902 August 29th, 2004 at 04:11 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
A BUNCH of us have kids...
And some of us have parrots for kids! laugh

Welcome to the forum, Katie. wavey
Nice to meet you!

Cindy flw

#103903 August 30th, 2004 at 06:44 PM
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the group... As a mom of many I know that hobbies are very important but also seem to fall low on the list of priorities, but I have also found that my kids love gardening (a.k.a. playing in the mud) as much as I do. Hope to see you around more.

Triss

#103904 August 30th, 2004 at 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is hard to find time to please yourself when you have kids. Pop in here when you have time. You'll enjoy it. We're all a big happy family.

#103905 August 31st, 2004 at 04:53 AM
K
KDH Offline
K
Hey Katie,

My daughter-in-law is also a Katie. I love her dearly as I love my grand-daughter. I have gardened angell luv with two boys that had schedules so demanding that you couldn't believe it. If you have the passion, the desire and willingness to include your children...you will reap incredible results. My boys, yes, my boys are now trying their hands with gardening. In fact, my influence has truly made my oldest want to create a lovely landscape. I love it!! luv luv

Just keep on trying..

Regards,
Karen

#103906 August 31st, 2004 at 05:02 AM
K
Katie Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey guys thanks for the welcome... As usual it is almost 10pm before I get to breathe. The kids are bedded down, my dinner eaten and kitchen straightened (I won't even pretend to say "cleaned") grinnnn

My children are Brennan (boy: 5y), Emma 3y and Sydney alomst 7mo. I have 2 much older step-children, and seeing as how they still cause us much consternation I count them as "children". They are Dylan 19y and Olivia 23y.

So when I make time, I try to keep my little plants alive. I was recently devastated when one of the African Violets I got for Mother's day a year ago just upped and died. ters There seemed to be nothing I could do to save it! I guess I will post to Houseplants about that one too... (kinda silly to be so upset, but you know - )... oh well...
Thanks again!!!! And I'll be seeing you! :rolleyes:

#103907 September 2nd, 2004 at 03:41 AM
K
KDH Offline
K
Hi again Katie,

You know, when I went through a difficult, trying time in my life, the African Violets seemed to pick up on my distress and actually died on me. It seems that they are very connected to our emotions/feelings. I know this sounds crazy, however, I have found this to be true. If you are happy, they are very happy, if you are sad, they are as well...Go Figure??? nutz

Link Copied to Clipboard