This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103512 November 1st, 2004 at 10:59 PM
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

Sorry its been forever since I popped in. wavey Just too much stuff going on but mainly I was promoted at work (yay for me!), convinced my hubby to quit his awful job to focus on school full time (yay for him!), and just haven't had a chance to sit at my desk to check in with my friends at the GHF. I hope all is well with everyone. I guess I have some catching up to do. Plus there are so many new members... hi all!!

My garden did well over the summer, very lush and green for the most part. I had a little battle with the birds for my veggies but I think my dog has evened the score by unfortunately getting some of the babies. eek My avocado tree is huge and laden with fruit, will probably start picking in December. The early rain here in California has added green everywhere, its the best time of year here.

I have some pictures somewhere, I'll just have to get them posted one of these days! kissies

#103513 November 1st, 2004 at 11:37 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hey Gardengal wavey
Congratulations on the job promotion!!! wavey

#103514 November 8th, 2004 at 06:23 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Kristen,
VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU............ wavey
Hope the summer's been good to you!!!
Excellant on the job promotion!!!!
That's always gooooooooood!! thumbup
Glad to hear hubby's going back to school.

Hope you find the time to sit at the computer,
at least every so often, we miss your input here!!!
I promise I'll check in more regularly.
Gonna hold you to that!!!
And send some of that warm weather back up this way will ya!!!

Weezie

#103515 November 8th, 2004 at 07:21 PM
OP Offline
Its not that warm here today. Its probably in the 50s-60s, which I know is warm to some folks but to a Californian. grinnnn According to my dad its supposed to be a wet winter for us, which would be great. Not sure how he knows but he tends to be pretty good at that sort of thing.

My hubby is almost done, March 2005 should be the last of it. Then he will have his mechanical engineering degree and hopefully get a good job somewhere. He would like to do technical sales where he gets to sell big things, like steam turbines, to other engineers. Keep your fingers crossed. wink

Talk to you all soon.

#103516 November 9th, 2004 at 06:39 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, Kristen! wavey

That's so weird.....I was looking back at an OLD post of mine the other day about elephant ears, and you had given me some good info.
I wondered..."What happened to her?" thumbup

(My elephant ear got frosted BAD last night!) frown

Cindy

#103517 November 9th, 2004 at 09:37 PM
OP Offline
Hi Cindy!

I've missed you and your wonderful stories! Anything spectacular happen lately??

Your poor elephant ear. They really don't like frost, at least the kind I have don't. Its been dipping into the high 40s here at night and they don't like that too much either. I have a great picture of mine somewhere. One of these days I'll get them posted. One of these days.... wink

#103518 November 10th, 2004 at 12:03 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Anything spectacular happen lately??
Now do ya REALLY want to get me started??? laugh laugh laugh

gab
Cindy

#103519 November 10th, 2004 at 01:49 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything spectacular happen lately??
Nope, nothing much. lala

Link Copied to Clipboard