This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#103403 October 26th, 2004 at 04:10 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
I've been having some pretty STRANGE dreams lately! Duh Wonder what's up with THAT?

And I keep dreaming about climbing trees!
(Maybe that's because week before last Brennan said I was the best granny in the world because I climb trees with him???) But, I'm getting tired of climbing trees all night while I'm asleep.....makes me sore in the morning!

Are weird dreams a sign of something?
(Besides my usual insanity?)

Cindy

"A dream is a wish your heart makes....."

#103404 October 26th, 2004 at 04:26 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I definately know, you have something on your mind!

I dreamt alot, and I can remember just about every dream that I had when I was a kid...
HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!!

Where I live now, I don't have that many....

I do know, it's when there's something on your mind that's not,....um, coming out!!!
It's your way of your mind working thru your thoughts...

(I seem to remember something about when you dream with out your clothes on and the likes,
it's your vulnerablities coming out or insecurities showing up, something like that.....)

Need to get a book of dreams that interpertate *sp* them for you!!!

Weezie

#103405 October 26th, 2004 at 04:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres a great spot with lots of info about dreams...

Dream Moods

G-Mom grinnnn

#103406 October 26th, 2004 at 04:44 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Freud understood the symbolic nature of dreams and believed dreams were a direct connect to our unconscious. Because your guard is down during sleep, your unconscious has the opportunity to act out and express its hidden desires.
shk

Freud was preoccupied with sexual content in dreams.
ME, TOO! laugh

#103407 October 26th, 2004 at 09:27 PM
J
J
oBVIOUSLY,
THE WAY YOU KEEP LOSING YOUR KNICKERS laugh laugh laugh

DOREEN wavey wavey wavey

#103408 October 26th, 2004 at 09:32 PM
I've had the same nightmare since I was little. I'm playing my piano and my fingers grow really long and then they get all tangled up. I pull my hands away from eachother trying to untangle them and that's when I always wake up in a sweat. Weird. I had it a couple of months ago and woke up screaming.....nearly scared Stephen right out of the bed! :rolleyes: Duh

#103409 October 26th, 2004 at 09:37 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
That is a FREAKY dream! Duh

Cindy

#103410 October 26th, 2004 at 10:10 PM
J
J
l have frequent nightmares, where l am being chased and cannot get away.
l read that it was because your legs are restricted from moving due to the bedcovers.
l also dream about falling, but always wake up before l hit the bottom?.
Any thoughts?
Doreen.

#103411 October 26th, 2004 at 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always have a dream of driving to the mall in the snow and when I get there the place is humungous.......hidden stairways, escalators, basement stores that are secret...sometimes I go to the movies....sometimes I'm being chased....not a very exciting dream, but I have it all the time. It's the only reacurring one that I have.....

Cindy, I do know that dreams of water has to do with our emotions.....I have a few dream books here.....

#103412 October 26th, 2004 at 10:19 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
You're kidding! What's it say about water?

I have dreams about water constantly.
Either the ocean or a swimming pool. And the water is always black and murky and just SCAREY! Even in the dreams of swimming pools, the water is like this.
What's it mean???????
I'm an emotional basketcase???

Cindy

#103413 October 26th, 2004 at 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Water is a strong symbol in dreams because so often it is the exclamation point of the feelings in the dream. The tumultuous ocean signifies the most anxieties........Is the water calm and smooth, representing your current feelings, or wavy and foreboding......look at what you may be currently experiencing in your own life when you have the dream.

Water can be positive--meaning new life, refreshment and vigor. In manageable amounts or controlled settings it almost always conveys this sentiment to the dreamer. Controlled water is the key.

If you dream of a lake can you see the shoreline?? Or do you dream of a river, or creek? These are some examples of controlled water....

Uncontrolled water will often create unease for the dreamer. Lakes without borders, rapids, and raging rivers often reflect feeling out of control.......sometimes deep and still water can cause unease because it could be murky and cloudy....

I'd say since you were digging the pond yourself that you were in control, so that's good....sounds like you have some kind of situation in your life under control....maybe due to a change you made since you moved the pond inside yourself Duh

#103414 October 26th, 2004 at 10:40 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
sounds like you have some kind of situation in your life under control....
AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! ! !

I might have to brave Wal-Mart again and go get a dream book.
Do you think they're pretty accurate, or mostly BS?

In my dreams with the ocean and pools, the water is always DEEP, and it's really choppy and wavy. And BLACK! So cold and scarey. frown sca

I need a shrink.....again.

Cindy

#103415 October 26th, 2004 at 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll be your shrink........that'll be 50 bucks an hour please..... laugh thumbup

#103416 October 26th, 2004 at 10:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot to add, check on amazon.....you can get used books on there really dirt cheap....It is one of my weaknesses....

Gotta go do laundry, cook dinner.....boring wife stuff.......cya later! wavey

#103417 October 26th, 2004 at 10:49 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
...you know, if I bought a dream book it would probably just tell me I was a neurotic freak, and then the feelings of self-doubt and worthlessness, not to mention the anxiety of not being in control, would cause me to have ANOTHER bad dream! shk laugh

#103418 October 26th, 2004 at 11:16 PM
Do you enjoy playing the piano?
Yes, when I have time and visit my parents.

Did your parents force you to take piano lessons when you were a child?
Nope, was my idea.

Do you have any pent up ill feelings or aggressions toward your fingers?
I happen to love my fingers. laugh

Yeah, I have no clue what that dream is about. Its so weird, it comes when I'm least expecting it. I don't dream much....well, I don't remember my dreams often. When we lost the baby, I had dreams with a baby in it that would ask me why I made her go away or why I didn't care for her well enough. I don't think I slept for a couple days after those dreams. It was pretty much just my guilt.....guilt that wasn't right, but its part of the process.

#103419 October 27th, 2004 at 12:49 AM
Loz, that's kinda a cool dream. By any chance are you a control freak? (Don't take that in a bad way, please. I ask because I am one.) Because in your dream it seems like you're going somewhere familiar, what to most women is a comforting place, and suddenly you're facing all these unknowns, and not comfortable at all Sounds like anxiety over not being in control. (Um, thank you, Dr. Phil...)

Hisgal- That's a terrible dream to have. Of course, springing from a terrible event. I'm really sorry.

I have two recurring ones- One, I'm in a show, going on stage, and I realize I don't know any of my lines. (Classic unprepared dream.) And two, I'm back in college, only I'm the same age as I am now, and I'm surrounded by all these kids who have it so together, and I'm just this old chick in college with no reason to be there... That one's unpleasant. Anxiety over lack of accomplishment, I guess.

The piano dream is really interesting. Bizarre, but interesting.

#103420 October 27th, 2004 at 02:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, my take on the dream thing is this... they do tell us things, if we can figure them out, and the more important it is, the easier it is to figure out.

now... to tell you a funny dream story... i did not know that in some cultures, if you dream of fish, someone you are close to (or maybe even yourself) is pregnant. well, we were talking about it at work one day, and one of the women was telling us about dreaming about her dad trying to hand her some fried fish... we all started ragging her about her daughter being pregnant (the daughter was married, but j just didn't want any more grandchildren at the time)

well, within a couple of days of that, i dreamed about fish. lots and lots of fish... i mean barrels of fish overflowing... well, within a week of that dream i found out that 2 of my cousin's wives, my ex-husband's wife, and my brother-in-law's wife was pregnant. and i didn't know it at the time, but another cousin's wife was pregnant with twins!!

so, if you dream about fish...

#103421 October 27th, 2004 at 03:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since I was a child I have had the same dream. when I was younger I had it all the time,as I've matured, I've only had it every 3 weeks or so.

I am a small child,and its very dark and smoky,there are loud explosions,I am running down a very dark cobblestone street,I reach a doorway(always the same),I run in and hide behind a couch(Its someones house),very aware of danger,I can hear and feel it approaching me,all of a sudden the couch is tossed off of me and I feel pain...the pain always wakes me up...it is very distinct...always in my midregion..I wake up with pains around my waist. It is a very disturbing dream.

I believe that dreams can tell you alot. Unfortunatly I've never figured this one out.

G-Mom grinnnn

#103422 October 27th, 2004 at 04:00 AM
Eww..that's an icky dream. But it reminded me of a scarey dream that I used to have when I was young. In the dream I'm like 6 and I'm in the backyard of the house that we lived in at the time. I'm doing something with the hose...not quite sure, but my mom is yelling at me to come in because "they're coming and will see me". I hear this noise and I look up and there are 5 planes flying in a V formation. After that, all hell breaks loose. Its kind of scarey just thinking of it now. I didn't have that dream for the longest time, and then 9/11 happend and I had it a few times and couldn't sleep right.

And yes, the piano dream is really freaky.

#103423 October 27th, 2004 at 04:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I HATE my dream...I can never go back to sleep afterwards.

Could I be dreaming about the past or the future?

G-Mom grinnnn

#103424 October 27th, 2004 at 04:19 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
O.K. One of us is going to have to get some dream books so we can analyze everyone's dreams.

These are freaking me out.

There IS something to all this, and I DON'T think it's aliens this time.

Cindy

#103425 October 27th, 2004 at 04:20 AM
Whoa, G-mom! If you believe in reincarnation, that sure as heck sounds like a "past-life" memory, more than a dream!!

And hisgal, I don't know how old you are, but if you were a kid during the height of the cold war, that dream makes perfect sense. If you grew up in the 60's, didn't they kind of institutionalize war anxiety?

#103426 October 27th, 2004 at 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that sure as heck sounds like a "past-life" memory, more than a dream!!
I hate to say...but I agree!

Don't know if anyone else believes Duh

G-Mom grinnnn

#103427 October 27th, 2004 at 04:34 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
If you grew up in the 60's, didn't they kind of institutionalize war anxiety?
I grew up in the 60's...on Naval bases all over the world. We were constantly doing these "drills" where we'd get against the wall and put a book over our head. frown
I dream about war, too, a LOT. Maybe that's why? Duh

The "past life memory" thing...
does that have anything to do with KNOWING something is going to happen, or what someone is going to say, before it happens? Then, it happens just like you KNOW you've already seen it happen in your head? (Did that make sense?)

Cindy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard