This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#103308 September 25th, 2004 at 04:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hmmm.....if you look close you can see a few GRAY hairs.
Does that count as blonde??? nutz
That's about as close as I'll ever get to blonde!

Nope, can't blame it on blonde! I'm just this way all by my own bad self! laugh

#103309 September 25th, 2004 at 04:57 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
SILVER hairs... NOT gray! I had one of those once....
BTW... Why is your hair gray, but your parrot is grey?
Duh

#103310 September 25th, 2004 at 05:27 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Uhhh.... Duh It's my day off from thinking!)

#103311 September 25th, 2004 at 05:30 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It IS Saturday, isn't it? nutz

Because I just realized I took YESTERDAY off from thinking! laugh

#103312 September 25th, 2004 at 05:36 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I'll be nice, and leave that one alone....
kissies

#103313 September 25th, 2004 at 05:38 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
wink

#103314 September 25th, 2004 at 08:21 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
gab gab wink gab laugh

nutz

#103315 September 25th, 2004 at 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't think yesterday...Not thinking today...and tommorrow doesn't look too favorable either :rolleyes:

Karen grinnnn

#103316 September 25th, 2004 at 11:13 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That'd be ME! laugh

#103317 October 9th, 2004 at 11:03 PM
Meg Offline
Well, I'm beat. I was out there for at least 3.5 hours, digging, weeding, planting, watering, etc.. and I still didn't get my bulbs in the ground. Oy. I did plant a new shrub, called a Diablo. It's a very pretty purple color, with a neat cinnamon colored bark. And I got PANSIES. I wasn't gonna take a chance with seeds again.. I saw pretty colored pansies at SS when I was there, and I scooped up a flat of them. (A flat hold 6-six section plants, so that's what, 36 plants?) I put them along the front of my one flower bed. One is called Halloween II Pansies, and they are a small, very dark purple. I must get pictures!

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll be planting bulbs- tulips and daffodils. laugh

Meg

#103318 October 10th, 2004 at 06:01 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I pulled alot of dead vegetable matter, pumpkin's and some mater plants!!!
Mowed lawns with the push~mower :p
Emptied 2 compost bins and started those 2 back up again with the lawn clippings... nutz
Did alot of this and that, watered the plants that are still flowering, went to the bank, post office, gas station, and talked to a few neighbors here and there.... (I gotta move laugh )

Anyhow, got alot of work done today, got to get it done now, "The winds are a changin'"

Weezie

#103319 October 10th, 2004 at 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what is wrong with me but I busted my buns yesterday. Finished painting the 3rd side of the house(only 1 side to go...yippee!). Then I purchased 400 lbs of compost,400 lbs of top soil and 400 lbs of peat. I dug out all my veggie beds and added fresh compost,etc. I have my second season of veggies started. Tomatos,peppers,broccoli,lettuce,sweet peas,cucumbers and cabbage. With the rest of the compost.etc. I'm putting in 2 new beds,one along my driveway and one on the west side of the house. I moved my strawberry plants and put some "mystery bulbs" in. I cleaned out my pond and added some plants around it. Collected seeds that were ready. I didn't stop there either,I baked a ham and make mac&cheese and green beans(secret to awesome green beans...add the juices from the ham while they are cooking),sweet potatos and bisquits. Watched "The Passion of the Christ and fell asleep on the couch by 10pm.

What a day...now I have to try and get it in gear to get back in the garden and finish my new beds.

Karen grinnnn

#103320 October 13th, 2004 at 03:00 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Did you get your painting finished? I hate to paint anything that doesn't involve a picture! If it's just a solid color, I get bored with it after a few minutes.
Here\'s what I like to paint!

Raked leaves yesterday, then ran over them with the mulching mower and bagged them up to take to my place. It's super sandy there, so I will have to do a lot of prep to the soil to be able to grow stuff like I do here. Seems like when something goes bad, everything goes awry! Yesterday was NOT a good day! frown

I had gone to the farm Saturday to pick up some acorns for the little squirrel I've been feeding here. It got smooshed by a car yesterday.

Ran over my cell phone with the riding mower. laugh

Spilled a glass of wine on the floor, went to get a towel to clean it up and slipped on it when I came back into the kitchen and busted my a$$. eek

Got my hair caught in the wheel of the cart thing that you pull behind the riding lawn mower. Didn't have a knife or scissors handy, so I had to pull half my hair out to get loose. shk

A day in the life of Cindy.

#103321 October 13th, 2004 at 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your artwork is AMAZING! I really enjoyed looking through the pics thumbup . The knife,saw and skillet are COOL grinnnn

#103322 October 13th, 2004 at 04:14 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Thanks, Karen. I just loaded some more.
The picture quality isn't so good because I scanned them and didn't fix them before I put them in the album, plus lowered the file size (quality) so they'd show up faster.

Cindy.

#103323 October 13th, 2004 at 05:14 PM
Cindy, those are beautiful. I wish I could paint. I sew. Have been sewing since I was 10. And if it's pre drawn I can paint it. But not free hand.

I do those detailed punking carvings. Didn't do any this year punkings are 4 bucks each and I didn't have seeds to grow my own. I'll have to find some seeds for next year.

My gardening this week has slowed to a crawl. I'm still slowing digging things up to bring in and still watching what I still want seeds off of.

My mom's trying to catch me at home so she can use the computer and everyday this week I have told her. I'll be home only to have to jump up and run some where at the last minute. I hate those jump and run trips.

#103324 October 15th, 2004 at 04:35 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yesterday and today it's cold and rainy, so not much to do in the garden. I'm going to put more pictures in my webshots of my yard and pond today. Sounds like a plan!
[Linked Image]
This is one when my pond was half finished. It's come a long way since then. My little fishies have doubled in size in the last 2 weeks, and Kermit is growing into a BIG frog! He floats in the pond at night and looks rather satanic, floating there with his eyes stuck out of the water. SPOOKY!

#103325 October 15th, 2004 at 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...that looks great! You and Brennan have certainly been working hard on it thumbup

Can't wait to see more pics grinnnn

#103326 October 16th, 2004 at 02:39 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I love cool that pond Cindy,
VERY NICE!!!!!

Did you haul all the rocks yourself???
I love the color of the water and rocks!!!!

Me and the kids go to the creek and bring back
alot of the river rocks!!!

I like the bird bath!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Weezie

#103327 October 16th, 2004 at 04:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Weezie,
I am obsessed with rocks! Some of those rocks I've had since I was 17 years old! My mom used to take us out on the weekends in our old '47 Willy's Jeepster and we'd go "rock hunting". I've been hooked ever since. I've moved those rocks (about 25 pick-up truck loads) a million times since I was 17 years old! Of course, the amount of rocks has grown over the years.

Every garden in my yard is surrounded by rocks. Rock paths, rock steps down my hills, rock patio, etc. OBSESSION! laugh

The water in that pond.....well, I guess I'm obsessed with it, too. I want it nice and pretty and clear. Hard to do with 9 fish in the pond, but I work on it every single day! I'm told that little yard ponds ("water features"? thumbup He will make some woman very happy one of these days!

Cindy

#103328 October 16th, 2004 at 05:21 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Cindy,
I have the base of my cherry tree in a square and it's all the rocks we collected.... most have fossils in them and shiney streams of different colors and things that look like eyes and oh, I could go on about them..... I would push the kids down to the creek in the stroller and we'd "LOOK" at all the rocks and load the stroller up with all of our finds and treasures...well, it was great filling it up, but I'll tell you the trip back home, UP HILL WAS NOT!!! frown :p I remember it very well. But I love looking at them and remembering the great time during the summer and the creek with the kids!! cool thumbup

And my dad loved rocks, he'd find them, bring them home and he'd see things in the rocks, shapes, so many things, and fossils, ohmygosh!!
You can't imagine the amount of rocks this man collected...
And he loved to make rock gardens.......
and rock steps, and rock walls and he gave me a ton of rocks for a raised bed area, I never aquired the "Irish wall building gene", mine kept falling over and not fitting quite right!!!

Someday, I'd like to do a pond, but not for quite sometime...too many things on my plate at this point.

Your water was very noticable how clean and blue*ish* it is!!! First thing I saw!!!

You do great work!!! (Brennan too!!!)

Weezie

#103329 October 16th, 2004 at 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy, nice pictures.....I like your pond too!!! And I like your pictures in your album.....You can paint really well thumbup

Wednesday it's supposed to be almost 70 here, which is a heatwave--right now it's in the 40's...so I'll be out a lot on Wed pulling out flowers and tidying up--something I should've done weeks ago but put off...... lala

#103330 October 18th, 2004 at 03:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today in the garden...I took DIGITAL PICTURES!! I found a digital camera,all the photoediting software and the usb cable for $15. Yeah it's not the best but it will work till X-mas(Kareena,my 21yo,just told me that she bought me an expensive one for X-mas!!)

I've been driving everybody crazy taking pics...I've taken about a 100 laugh

Tommorrow I'm gonna try and set up a webshots account. I got some really nice ones of my roses,yard,etc.

I took at least a dozen shots of myself until I got 1 that I liked...Cindy FINALLY knows what I look like!

I can't wait to set up an album so I can finally share some of my pics too [Linked Image]

G-Mom [Linked Image]

#103331 October 18th, 2004 at 04:39 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Now I know what my best friend looks like!

G-Mom, you made my day!

Thank you! kissies

Cin

#103332 October 18th, 2004 at 04:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should have sent you the one of me in full clown makeup(a story for another time)

You could have pondered that for a while... laugh

G-mom [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard